What's new

Things you are concerned about the gameplay/content/etc

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Ok, so we all have reasons to be hyped over this game and i'm sure I have read them all over the past several months. I have my own share of reasons for getting super hyped for injustice since I have pre ordered the game since the day I was able to (took a few trips to gamestop lol).

But then again, there are a few things that kind of deter my hopes for this game's tourny viability since I plan on totally playing it at tournaments.

>The clash system/mechanic and the logic behind using meter up for it
>NRS's list of repeated mistakes/bugs/glitches on their last two games (meter glitch, port priority, the friggin input bug, etc.) and if they will repeat them again somehow in Injustice.
>How big of an affect the environment has on the outcome of the match or the momentum of the match?
>How much the mechanics can affect it as a viable competitive game?
>Gameplay being too similar to other fighters and less of it's own style.
>The amount of viabiltiy the characters in the game will possess, giving them a chance against at least most of the roster. Top tier/high tier characters would also be a good thing to create challenging match ups.

The game being good is the least of my concerns since this game's value is pretty much set in stone as being superb. But what are your concerns? Doesn't necessarily have to be about the gameplay. Could be about story mode, costumes, characters and/or their moves, etc.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
My concerns?

>Clash system is still largely an unknown
>Chip damage on normals, which is apparently not that much of a concern for most others. Don't think it'll really affect my enjoyment of the game, but I feel it's a sub-optimal choice, personally.
>Lots of traits feel pretty unoriginal/boring (lots of "buffs"), hopefully translate into fun gameplay regardless
>Balance is something I worry about with every game pre-release, I have no reason to worry about this one in particular but poor balance always hurts the game's scene (People find their favourite characters unviable and don't want to play, and some may steer away just because poor balance earns a bad rep these days)
>How the things this game does differently may be viewed by people who don't really have open minds

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I think zoning looks nearly impossible with how fast the dashes are, teleports, interactive teleports, etc.

coolwhip

Noob
I'm concerned about someone who has no concerns when tons of footage is dropping for a game they are interested in.
I deliberately watch these videos once without careful studying in order not to have any preconceived notions about the game. All of this is speculation based on what is, in the grand scheme of things, very little footage. It's only footage meant to showcase the "cool" aspects of the involved characters. Sorry for choosing to actually PLAY the game before formulating an opinion.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I deliberately watch these videos once without careful studying in order not to have any preconceived notions about the game. All of this is speculation based on what is, in the grand scheme of things, very little footage. It's only footage meant to showcase the "cool" aspects of the involved characters. Sorry for choosing to actually PLAY the game before formulating an opinion.
There is nothing wrong with having concerns after watching gameplay footage lol. Viewing videos still gives you a type of information on the game so it is possible to have an informed opinion without playing it. For example, in Harley's first battle arena video her gun has a misfire which leads to her getting punished. Concern. Who knows if it will be crappy or not, it is just a concern. No apology necessary though.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
For example, in Harley's first battle arena video her gun has a misfire which leads to her getting punished. Concern. Who knows if it will be crappy or not, it is just a concern. No apology necessary though.

This was actually answered: Her gun can be powered up by holding it but if you hold it too long it misfires.

What I'm concerned about:

>m2dave not playing I:GAU because of how difficult zoning appears to be
He'll either learn how to play close-kombat, or drop/not buy the game because foolish no-fundamental cowards will run rampant in Injustice.

>The Clash dialogue we have heard from the Battle Arena videos are all generic lines.
I HATH BEEN EXPECTING DIALOGUE THAT RELATES TO THE CHARACTERS' OPPONENT, AT LEAST IN A MINIMAL OR VAGUE MANNER!!! I AM DISPLEASED!

Here's to hoping Versus matches aren't forced to have generic dialogue for each matchup.

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
>Lots of traits feel pretty unoriginal/boring (lots of "buffs"), hopefully translate into fun gameplay regardless
This is bothering me. It seems as if half of the cast has just a simple power up or armor of some kind. I'm hoping Shazam/Green Lantern's helps him build meter faster or something.

Power ups - Superman, Shazam, Green Lantern, Bane

Armor - Aquaman, Doomsday, Lex Luthor

(May be missing some)

Clash System will be fine, I am pretty sure they've heard the concerns. I also don't understand why worry about a mechanic without fully knowing it's properties.

Regarding enviornment that's their design goal, that's part of the focal point of Injustice: Gods Among Us, your surroundings should effect momentum and decesuons you make as a player.

Bugs, glitches, should be fixed, only way to go from MK9 is forward, it's also running on a modified MK9 engine, so most likely it's fixed. Meter Drain was never a glitch, and many top players can vouche, it's just a misconception, it's a frame timing problem. P1 advantage, yes, it exists, but please stop claiming it's some sort of 10/10 problem that costs matches. I've hardly seen moments where player A and player B both connect at the same time.

Other things are just nature of a Fighting Game, everyone has some dirt. No one will be "balanced" the way people envision.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
This is bothering me. It seems as if half of the cast has just a simple power up or armor of some kind. I'm hoping Shazam/Green Lantern's helps him build meter faster or something.

Power ups - Superman, Shazam, Green Lantern, Bane

Armor - Aquaman, Doomsday, Lex Luthor

(May be missing some)
Shazam, Green Lantern, and Bane's gimmicks haven't been revealed yet, no reason to assume that they are the same.

Aquaman's gimmick isn't armor. He coats himself in water, and the next juggle he gets caught in, he will fall out of it faster preventing max damage. Think of a combo breaker.

Lex's to my knowledge is something like Glow where it's only invincible against projectiles.

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
Shazam, Green Lantern, and Bane's gimmicks haven't been revealed yet, no reason to assume that they are the same.

Aquaman's gimmick isn't armor. He coats himself in water, and the next juggle he gets caught in, he will fall out of it faster preventing max damage. Think of a combo breaker.

Lex's to my knowledge is something like Glow where it's only invincible against projectiles.
I thought Aquaman's gimmick was when he put his staff down and the water came up as a shield?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I think zoning looks nearly impossible with how fast the dashes are, teleports, interactive teleports, etc.
There will always be a type of zoning.
With all we can "see".... there is a ton we don't know really. Everyone seems to have a way to deflect or nullify a projectile... but only a few actually seem to just crush them entirely.

If dashing forward doesn't allow you to cancel ... then these half screen dashes will still eat a projectile (ala SF and SFxT).
The game does seem pretty fast paced, but then again.... we are only getting what they are handing us.

My only concern is netcode.

I believe NRS mentioned a while ago there will be a stage with no interactive environment for those who want the fight to be purely determined by player skills in a toruny. Now hopefully there will be more then one stage like that or you can turn them off cause it'd be boring to see the same stage all the time at Evo.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong

Paulo posted in the doomsday reveal thread that out of Bane, Aquaman, Doomsday, and Lex that Lex is the only one whose trait is "traditional fighting game armor", so I think Lex's might be just general armor.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
>Netcode
>Batman running s**t
>With clash,supers and stage transitions that matches dont drag forever