What's new

They blocked MSF1 and Sonya is +1, now what?

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
After you establish to your opponent that you can check them with D1.. what are the other good options to use?

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I like D1 into MS.. D4 sounds risky because its 12 frames and they are in close range.

What pressure strings? presumably they'll be crouching and sonyas 1 and 2 hit high.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
A D1 is the obvious answer.

If your playing someone who respect your D1 simply do another D4~MS or throw.

Wait for their poke and counter poke it with a divekick

There's plenty of options.

Death

Noob
I dont like D+1~MS after a blocked MS F+1 because if they block the poke then can poke you before your MS attack comes out. Its only good if the D+1 hits them. But if they block the D1 they can poke out. I usually go for a cross up or just do D+4~MS, D+4 MS, etc or sometimes jump back and if i see them move or poke ill dive kick. or sometimes just dash forward and do the forward throw than the OTG 4~cartwheel.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
D1 xx Cartwheel is good, and if they start poking out of that, D1 xx MS then whiff punish with MS4 or some shit.

just do another d1 ms f1, then d1 ms f1, d1 ms f1, but wait, add a cartwheel this time, so it looks like this d1 ms f1 df3, then ex cartwheel because you're at -3 and they probably will poke out.
yay sonya

Justice

Noob
Try cancelling the D1 into an F4 overhead once in a while. It'll hop over some pokes and make your opponent think twice about blocking the D1 ;)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I either do:

1: d1 Ms overhead tackle

2: d1 cartwheel

3: d1 slightly back up d4 Ms d1

4: wait for the opponent to poke then punish with 4 cartwheel

Death

Noob
D+1 cartwheel or D+4 cartwheel is an online tactic. Offline its pretty easy to poke it. Even if Sonya does D+1~MS or D+3~MS. if you block the poke you can still poke out before the MS. If your fighting Sonya online and it seems like you cant poke out, its an online thing offline you can. D+1~carthwheel or D+1~MS is only good if the poke hits.

Death

Noob
I either do:

1: d1 Ms overhead tackle

If they block the D+1 then can poke back before the MS overhead tackle

2: d1 cartwheel
Same as above
3: d1 slightly back up d4 Ms d1
D+1 by itself is -13. The opponent can put you into block strings by the time you back up.
4: wait for the opponent to poke then punish with 4 cartwheel