What's new

The Zoning Academy (Mortal Kombat X Edition)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Fyi dave mk9 and injustice are the only few games were a 50/50 is minus on block or punishable. Every other fighter -including the oh so perfect neutral- streetfighter has characters with 50/50s that are + and lead into more mixups. The mixups in injustice is a mere child to other fighting games.
How are you so good at fighting games yet understand so little? Astounding.

Please do not talk about Street Fighter. The game goes far beyond your level of comprehension.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Word of advise: if people expect to zone with Cybernetic Kano, you will literally be spamming the same knife move over and over, and then doing b2 to ground opponents and anti airing. That is literally it, so if that's your sort of thing then great, but he is very one dimensional, and Quan Chi or (I assume) Ermac or Kenshi or Kung Jin will be much deeper.

reptar

Noob
Word of advise: if people expect to zone with Cybernetic Kano, you will literally be spamming the same knife move over and over, and then doing b2 to ground opponents and anti airing. That is literally it, so if that's your sort of thing then great, but he is very one dimensional, and Quan Chi or (I assume) Ermac or Kenshi or Kung Jin will be much deeper.
I was actually wondering about this, and.. I'm ok with it. Early on I did enjoy playing a keepaway Kano in MK9. I've been unable to find some good keepaway cybernetic Kano footage pre-release but it did seem that his eye laser stuff was more situational and would be far less used than knives.

I was actually wondering about this, and.. I'm ok with it. Early on I did enjoy playing a keepaway Kano in MK9. I've been unable to find some good keepaway cybernetic Kano footage pre-release but it did seem that his eye laser stuff was more situational and would be far less used than knives.
Wasn't up ball a big part of MK9 zoning kano as well?

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I question the mass of people that make fun of you @General M2Dave I personally think your an amazing player. Yeah zoning looks cheesy but someone's gotta do it, too many rush down characters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@General M2Dave
Fool, I am offended that Ducky and I were not invited when we are two of the most successful zoners in the scene. I demand that you remove that Martian fool REO from your list.
You two fools jump more than Martian Manhunter players do.

By the way, do you have any character in mind that you want to start with in Mortal Kombat X?

I question the mass of people that make fun of you @General M2Dave I personally think your an amazing player. Yeah zoning looks cheesy but someone's gotta do it, too many rush down characters
When you specialize in zoning, you cannot care what fools say or think about you, and I never do.

Thank you for the support.

Hades

Noob
I usually zone at the mid range and force opponents to make mistakes and then eat combos. I played as ermac in mk 9 and green lantern in injustice. I love being patient and forcing people to come to me. Planning on going all in on ermac in mk x and may dabble with a bit of kenshi too