What's new

General/Other - Dualist The Worst Move in MKX

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Exactly what I mean lol. How can you possibly determine which characters are better and which few characters may need some help if you don't compare moves. Should Cyber's Uplaser (which was rightfully buffed) never haven been compared to HQT's Godlike Uplaser? Should Sonya's 70% XRay damage (which was rightfully nerfed) not have been compared to the damage other characters do? If you don't compare them to other characters then what does it even matter what anyone can do if it's an individual comparison only? There should never be a single patch adjustment ever by that logic.

Not comparing characters tools and utility is such a horrible, horrible stance.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I think Tremor's Overhead rock move would be able to compete for worst move in the game.
Duuuude...only Reptile is capable of punshing that move. Yeah the startup sucks on it, but it's better than some of the other things that are in this game.

9_Lives

Noob
I feel like Cassie's salute thing in spec ops does the same thing with no heals, so that would make it worse yes? Or did someone find a purpose for that when I wasn't looking.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Exactly what I mean lol. How can you possibly determine which characters are better and which few characters may need some help if you don't compare moves. Should Cyber's Uplaser (which was rightfully buffed) never haven been compared to HQT's Godlike Uplaser? Should Sonya's 70% XRay damage (which was rightfully nerfed) not have been compared to the damage other characters do? If you don't compare them to other characters then what does it even matter what anyone can do if it's an individual comparison only? There should never be a single patch adjustment ever by that logic.

Not comparing characters tools and utility is such a horrible, horrible stance.
The thing with that is you can't just compare the two similar moves. It helps to compare moves but I think balance should always be done in a big picture sense. Most of the time someone makes a comparison here, they usually don't take into account how that changes how a character will use everything else.

But in this case LK's healing move is bad compared to almost any move really.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Who'd ever have thought that Cyborg's heal move would end up as a superior version of anything.
that was the main buff I would want for it. I want to be able to special cancel it or stance cancel out of it or both. Normal cancel out of it would be godlike. That is something we also NEVER saw cyborgs doing. cyborg built so much meter he (on paper) could be on super, heal himself, and if you tried to attack he could just super you from 3/4 screen. It was armored and it did 40%. cyborg downplayed? hidden top tier?
I feel like Cassie's salute thing in spec ops does the same thing with no heals, so that would make it worse yes? Or did someone find a purpose for that when I wasn't looking.
The salute is 2 in 1 cancellable. It allows you to safely hit confirm out of her overhead and low options in that variation. It also can't be parried and it is an awesome bait because it is 2 in 1 cancellable.

that is a way better move.