What's new

The worst character in the game?

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
why even discuss it? heres the entire thread summed up for you:

sub: because all the sub players are so uptight over their boyfriend
jade: because all the players are so uptight over their girlfriend
baraka: because all the tarkatan warriors are megajelly of his royal costume 2
miscellaneous controversial random character: because im a little bit different from everyone else

thats about it

Enenra

Go to hell.
I'd say Sheeva. Her hitbox is so big and she is so slow. Two of the worst things that you can have in MK9.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."

- Sheeva -​
Slow as molasses and pretty easy to read. Don't underestimate though because she can be deadly in the right hands.
- Nightwolf -
Good anti-airs but just so easy to pick apart if you know the match-up. There are very few good Nightwolf players who can disguise the character's flaws, however make no mistake; Nightwolf is severely limited in a lot of ways and can be shut down easily if you know the character well enough.
- Baraka -​
Slow but has great wake-ups and some pretty decent specials. Don't get me wrong, Baraka can be a great character in the right hands but that doesn't change the fact that this is more of a "counter-and-react" character than a rushdown or zoner.
- Sub Zero -​
It feels weird to put him here but he is severely limited and is a character who has been abused by NRS with patches. He's still viable, however I don't think he's nearly as great as he once was thought. He's not as bad as EMP Tom Brady leads you to believe but simply put, people know this match-up very well by now.
- Jade -​
Not as bad as most make her out to be but still should/could be a lot better. Has some great tools but is non-viable in a lot of match-ups (Kung Lao, Raiden, Kenshi, etc.). She might get patched into a powerhouse though if they ever come out with another hotfix.

Reactions: CJF

NKZero

Noob
Sub Fucking Zero! The character is trash! Garbage I tell you!

No but fo realz? Gotta be Sheeva or Jade....

Jade. I love playing her she has a lot of unique moves and options but she's slow, useless without meter, and has no good way at getting pressure from high tier characters off of her.

Flagg

Noob
Sheeva. No one is worse than Sheeva, period.
Do you still believe that after Jeremiahs showing at FR?

That said, it pains me to say this, but Jade is probably the character who has the least likely chance of winning a tournie at this point. What she needs isn't stuff like armour or more damage, as most think those should be the instant solution to most characters, but I believe a slight speed buff and an ability to build meter fast would help her immensely. Characters like Cage, Kabal, KL can build meter so fast. If she could build meter like that, it would help a lot. She is quite reliant on her Ex moves after all. Give her the fastest dash in the game and/or improve the speed on her normals and specials. A bit of tweaking here and there could make all the difference.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
- Sheeva -​
Slow as molasses and pretty easy to read. Don't underestimate though because she can be deadly in the right hands.
- Nightwolf -
Good anti-airs but just so easy to pick apart if you know the match-up. There are very few good Nightwolf players who can disguise the character's flaws, however make no mistake; Nightwolf is severely limited in a lot of ways and can be shut down easily if you know the character well enough.
- Baraka -​
Slow but has great wake-ups and some pretty decent specials. Don't get me wrong, Baraka can be a great character in the right hands but that doesn't change the fact that this is more of a "counter-and-react" character than a rushdown or zoner.
- Sub Zero -​
It feels weird to put him here but he is severely limited and is a character who has been abused by NRS with patches. He's still viable, however I don't think he's nearly as great as he once was thought. He's not as bad as EMP Tom Brady leads you to believe but simply put, people know this match-up very well by now.
- Jade -​
Not as bad as most make her out to be but still should/could be a lot better. Has some great tools but is non-viable in a lot of match-ups (Kung Lao, Raiden, Kenshi, etc.). She might get patched into a powerhouse though if they ever come out with another hotfix.
This is a pretty good sum-up. No one can really be characterized as THE worst because everyone to an extent is viable, but these 5 I would agree have the highest of hills to climb...but they CAN be climbed.

As corny as this sounds...in this game, it really comes down to not so much as "Who's the worst?" as "Who's the hardest to win with?" In which case, my vote goes to Jade. The exotic enchantress most definitely has her strengths, but comparitively, she would definitely be the most uphill battle in the game as far as success.