What's new

The World's Hardest Game

ROEBOTRON

"Only One Truth Prevails"
the Amiga version was the far superior due to what the Amiga could do that other computers/consoles couldnt do at the time, paralax scrolling and tons of colour on the screen. The first one on the amiga visually looks better than the second one...the two games themselves, despite the high diffuculty, were quite linear and more a show case of "this is how games will look". SOTB was really a pioneering game, much like Doom 2, Mario 64 and Crysis were.

The Genesis version was pretty sub par, but I know the Genesis did a pretty decent port of Another World.

EDIT: Here's the Amiga version. To be honest, I think it looks really nice still today, and this game was out in 1989. The background and the main character look really nice, the enemies are quite bland. The music was quite ahead of its time as well:
Anouther World is my game!, have you played flashback as well?

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Just got to level 12 and after 10 minutes of trying, I can't beat it. Level 10 was the hardest, the rest were pretty easy.

Flagg

Noob
Anouther World is my game!, have you played flashback as well?
Yeah I loved Another World, loved the visual look of the game. It's a shame it doesnt have much in the way of replay value, but the game was a classic in it's own right. I only found out a couple of years ago that there was a sequel! I always knew about Flashback but never got round to playing it unfortunately.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Made it to level 10 in this and gave up lol. Was kinda fun though. But nothing beats IWBTG

IWBTG is a fun hard game though. Especially when playing it at a friends house and them talking shit everytime you die. I finally beat it a couple of years ago, after like 5,000 deaths, lol. Game is fun, addicting, and hella hard, everything I want in a game.

Flagg

Noob
h4x ;)

Awesome game, epic music. Only my rich friends had Amigas whilst I was stuck with my 48k Spectrum. Turrican 2 was better though.

Speaking of Spectrums, I remember this being really hard. See how far you can get on 3 lives.

http://www.darnkitty.com/manic/
For years I was the butt of jokes for having the C: 16 computer, then one christmas I was surprised with the Amiga! Oh man, the Turrican games.....loved that intro "welcome to Turrican, mwhahahaha".

Bollocks, the ice spike keeps getting me at the top, I guess you have to jump early and catch the key on your downward jump??

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
For years I was the butt of jokes for having the C: 16 computer, then one christmas I was surprised with the Amiga! Oh man, the Turrican games.....loved that intro "welcome to Turrican, mwhahahaha".

Bollocks, the ice spike keeps getting me at the top, I guess you have to jump early and catch the key on your downward jump??
Yeh awesome game. Speedball 2 was cool too.

Yeah get the key on the way down from the jump is best. Only 20 levels but very well designed considering its age. :)

had 10 deaths going into level 7, but my stomach is grumbling too hard so im going to stop :/
world's hardest game 2 is more difficult

ROEBOTRON

"Only One Truth Prevails"
Yeah I loved Another World, loved the visual look of the game. It's a shame it doesnt have much in the way of replay value, but the game was a classic in it's own right. I only found out a couple of years ago that there was a sequel! I always knew about Flashback but never got round to playing it unfortunately.
I never played the sequel to Another World. I've played both, and they are both good games. Flashback has more replay value for sure. I remember when I finished Another World, I was playing it on and off. It took me about a month, maybe two. Then I played it again after I solved all of the puzzles, and finished it in under an hour. It's not a very long game, they remind me of the first two games in the Oddworld series.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I love IWBTG. The sequels like I wanna be the fan game are pretty awesome too. (#Hold That Shit) :D
I gave up on the world's hardest game at level 14...that one hurts my brain too much. But the hardest game I've ever played would have to be kingdom hearts 2 final mix on critical mode.