What's new

The World's Hardest Game

Espio

Kokomo
Dude...I cleared level one and keep getting close in level 2...but omg this game makes me salty lol.

I've died 61 times:oops:. 90% of those are from level 2 haha.

Oh and dat music:eek:.

i beat this and the 2nd one way back, i think my record for the 1st one was something in the 300's for deaths... but it was a long time ago

the worlds hardest game is IWBTG lol

Flagg

Noob
Lets get ultra old school, Shadow of the Beast and Shadow of the Beast 2 on the Amiga.

No save points, rare health regen. Both games virtually impossible to complete without using the infinite health cheat, and even then, if some puzzles are done wrong, even with infinite health, you are trapped and game over.

10 Pints.

I can't play this games on a keyboard. Give me a pad and I guarantee you I can beat it no problem. I only say this because I recently decided to play Super Meat Boy on Xbox Live and laughed at how people were saying that game was hard. But I guess after playing so many platformers growing up(and them being my favorite genre), they sort of come easy to me.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I can't play this games on a keyboard. Give me a pad and I guarantee you I can beat it no problem. I only say this because I recently decided to play Super Meat Boy on Xbox Live and laughed at how people were saying that game was hard. But I guess after playing so many platformers growing up(and them being my favorite genre), they sort of come easy to me.
Like I said, SMB is legit, no BS.You get what you see.If you are good in platformers you'll beat it no problem.I personally have a fuck ton of Megaman X-perience(lolpuns) so things like pixel-precision wall jumps are nothing to me.And speedrunning this game is fun as hell.

But if you've only played the demo on XBL that's nothing.That's chapter 1, all simple.

ROEBOTRON

"Only One Truth Prevails"
Lets get ultra old school, Shadow of the Beast and Shadow of the Beast 2 on the Amiga.

No save points, rare health regen. Both games virtually impossible to complete without using the infinite health cheat, and even then, if some puzzles are done wrong, even with infinite health, you are trapped and game over.

10 Pints.
The Genesis version is better right? Or did you say the Amiga version cause it's more difficult in some way? Haven't played that one in a long time...

Like I said, SMB is legit, no BS.You get what you see.If you are good in platformers you'll beat it no problem.I personally have a fuck ton of Megaman X-perience(lolpuns) so things like pixel-precision wall jumps are nothing to me.And speedrunning this game is fun as hell.

But if you've only played the demo on XBL that's nothing.That's chapter 1, all simple.
I actually have the whole game. Picked it up when it was on sale last time and had some fun with it, but like I said, I found it easy. And I never said the game wasn't legit, cause I can see why a lot of people would have problems with it. It's one of the better platformers this generation, so I will give it that.

As for speedrunning, never really bothered with it but it's fun to see people do it because seeing some exploits being done are interesting to me. I just recently saw someone doing a speedrun of Mario 64 and I've never seen any of the stuff he was doing, like going through walls and just bypassing some stuff that you couldn't.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I actually have the whole game. Picked it up when it was on sale last time and had some fun with it, but like I said, I found it easy. And I never said the game wasn't legit, cause I can see why a lot of people would have problems with it. It's one of the better platformers this generation, so I will give it that.

As for speedrunning, never really bothered with it but it's fun to see people do it because seeing some exploits being done are interesting to me. I just recently saw someone doing a speedrun of Mario 64 and I've never seen any of the stuff he was doing, like going through walls and just bypassing some stuff that you couldn't.
The M64 You saw was TAS, I don't even think those count when doing records.As for SMB, no exploits can be used when speedrunning it.All legit.

The M64 You saw was TAS, I don't even think those count when doing records.As for SMB, no exploits can be used when speedrunning it.All legit.
You got me in that department cause I know nothing about speedrunning or who are the big names who do them. I just stumbled upon that twitch channel and just saw maybe 15 minutes of it. If his run didn't count then I guess they were doing it just for fun.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You got me in that department cause I know nothing about speedrunning or who are the big names who do them. I just stumbled upon that twitch channel and just saw maybe 15 minutes of it. If his run didn't count then I guess they were doing it just for fun.
How hard it is to speedrun something and how hard it is to beat something is totally different. I was 2nd in the world on an SMB level for sometime, and got top 100 on a lot of the others. But the hard levels...were hard.

On a game like trials evolution I can beat everything but ninjas easy, but speedrunning makes it a lot more difficult to get all the shortcuts.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
How hard it is to speedrun something and how hard it is to beat something is totally different. I was 2nd in the world on an SMB level for sometime, and got top 100 on a lot of the others. But the hard levels...were hard.

On a game like trials evolution I can beat everything but ninjas easy, but speedrunning makes it a lot more difficult to get all the shortcuts.
Dude...second chapter is a joke.3rd Chapter Dark World is where the fun begins.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I think my almost WR was on chapter 4, level 3 or something.

The hardest ones are the bonus world and the last few worlds put on the interwebz planet.
Chapter 7 is actually pretty fucking hard lol.And the girly ass theme just mocks you over and over.Interwebz was meh, Steam version has user-created levels which are very interesting.

Flagg

Noob
The Genesis version is better right? Or did you say the Amiga version cause it's more difficult in some way? Haven't played that one in a long time...

the Amiga version was the far superior due to what the Amiga could do that other computers/consoles couldnt do at the time, paralax scrolling and tons of colour on the screen. The first one on the amiga visually looks better than the second one...the two games themselves, despite the high diffuculty, were quite linear and more a show case of "this is how games will look". SOTB was really a pioneering game, much like Doom 2, Mario 64 and Crysis were.

The Genesis version was pretty sub par, but I know the Genesis did a pretty decent port of Another World.

EDIT: Here's the Amiga version. To be honest, I think it looks really nice still today, and this game was out in 1989. The background and the main character look really nice, the enemies are quite bland. The music was quite ahead of its time as well: