What's new

The Ultimate Kano Guide

I've been toying with Kano lately trying to find my next main.. So far he has been decent but I dont know if he has what it takes. If he was a wee bit quicker or bigger combo damage, I dont know.

My combos consist of..
b2,f1,upball = 21% everyone knows this one. I think its his only real go to overhead combo.
f3,b2,dash,f1,1,b1,2,upball or regular ball for 30%. This is by far the easiest combo Ive been able to land online consecutively.
f3,b2,f1,1,212,b1,2,upball = 34% corner combo that has been rather easy to pull off.

I find myself not being able to rush down at all and being forced to spam knives and Kano balls. When I do get in close I like to throw in a lot of low pokes to mess with people, ie..

d3,dash,throw fun mixup
d3,knife I would use this once or twice to get them thinking you wont throw.
d3,b2,f1,choke this is to keep them close
d4,f3,b2 this one is tricky, if your d4 doesnt hit youll get knocked out of this pressure string.

Also, I dash,knife quite a bit when approaching people instead of dash,block. Does anyone got any other tips and tricks? Im thinking about looking for a different secondary main but Kano is just so brutal, excellent character design I think.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
4 f11(choke)= 1.2bar
4 b112= 1.1 bar
2 b112,d1(choke)= just under 1 bar. 3 b112,d1(choke)= about 1.4 bar
Good work, man. I was gonna do that testing but I'm lazy. These couple of strings give me some ideas.

I find myself not being able to rush down at all and being forced to spam knives and Kano balls. When I do get in close I like to throw in a lot of low pokes to mess with people, ie..
I suggest you look into his b112 string. It looks like it gives him advantage on block so you can jip, throw, Kano Ball, dash into poke, back dash to bait whiffs, or dash and repeat. On hit you get a bounce for combos like b112 dash 212 dash b12 Kano Ball or b112 dash b112 dash d1Kano ball.

Are you sure b1,1,2 is advantage on block? Im messing around in practice mode and it seems the computer can react quickly enough to poke me out of my low pressure. Ive been using 1,1 to some usefulness but I still feel like he is missing something.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
I did not say how much advantage he gets and to be honest I don't know. But it's more about conditioning your opponent using all of these options rather than always going for low pressure. Also, I never practice against the AI since it often reads your inputs.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
Are you sure b1,1,2 is advantage on block? Im messing around in practice mode and it seems the computer can react quickly enough to poke me out of my low pressure. Ive been using 1,1 to some usefulness but I still feel like he is missing something.
if you b112 and then you and your opponent d3, yours will hit first. b112 definitely gives kano advantage and is his BEST string for mixing up and rushing down. it can't be ducked, gives him advantage, closes space, and leads into combos.

iLasser

Noob
This is still a very good read about what kano has in his arsenal even now thanks abunch for writing this, even if it has been a couple of months ! I liked the paper rocks sicssorcs part the most !