What's new

Guide The Ultimate Deathstroke Guide

RYX

BIG PUSHER
in regards to the 132-j2 string combo. I've noticed and tested how to time it to hit. The opponent is flipping back after 132 string. Try to time your j2 so your feet hit their feet in the air. This works in both stances.
First it was him spinning with his sword like a ballerina. Now he's you touching feet with people.

I'm worried about Slade.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
First it was him spinning with his sword like a ballerina. Now he's you touching feet with people.

I'm worried about Slade.
I've always wondered why Spin looked so derpy. He like holds it at his waist.

Post patch, there are going to be a lot more Slade ballet recitals too...

This is a damn nice thread.
Perfect for people who are new to fighting games and trying to understand how Deathstroke works.

Thanks karaokelove.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Fantastic thread man! I'm really amazed at the level of tech and knowledge people are figuring out. Really good to see - keep up the excellent work everyone, I'll be representing DS as soon as I get better from my operation (hopefully 3 weeks). Much love to all and keep on breaking this shit out of this game!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
This patch hurt pretty damn bad. Went from S tier to B tier, according to Reo and Tom Brady. I'm still taking him to UFGT and will update the guide when I return.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
This patch hurt pretty damn bad. Went from S tier to B tier, according to Reo and Tom Brady. I'm still taking him to UFGT and will update the guide when I return.
****ing hell mang that's a huge drop.

I still wish to contribute as much as possible to this guide though. Maybe in time NRS will realize their mistakes and give us back a little? Just maybe?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
****ing hell mang that's a huge drop.

I still wish to contribute as much as possible to this guide though. Maybe in time NRS will realize their mistakes and give us back a little? Just maybe?
Here's what happened with Kano, which has me worried because it really is the road we're going down.

1. MK9 is released. Kano is good.
2. Online community throws a bitch-fest.
3. NRS has a knee-jerk reaction and nerfs Kano. Kano is now only ok.
4. Actual players bring the issue to NRS's attention and they actually listen.
5. They overly-buff Kano in an attempt to undo their mistake, making him way too good.
6. Online community throws a bigger bitch-fest.
7. NRS says "fuck this" and nerfs Kano into oblivion.
8. Game over.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Here's what happened with Kano, which has me worried because it really is the road we're going down.

1. MK9 is released. Kano is good.
2. Online community throws a bitch-fest.
3. NRS has a knee-jerk reaction and nerfs Kano. Kano is now only ok.
4. Actual players bring the issue to NRS's attention and they actually listen.
5. They overly-buff Kano in an attempt to undo their mistake, making him way too good.
6. Online community throws a bigger bitch-fest.
7. NRS says "fuck this" and nerfs Kano into oblivion.
8. Game over.
Let's stop at step 6 then!
(Not 5 because their whine goes well with my cheese)

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
I planned to help contribute to this. I had the next few days off and i was planning on making a complete punishment guide for Deathstroke. I'm talking full screen, 3/4 screen, half screen, sweep and point blank. All character strings and moves and supers on block, whiff, and hit. With these nerfs, the excitement and the will i had to try and do this went down the drain.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just a quick update for everyone, I'm taking about a week break from the game after training so hard for UFGT. I'll be applying some major post-patch updates to the guide when I start playing again. I've been keeping up with all of the Deathstroke-related discussions in the forums, but if you have any thoughts on how Deathstroke should be played, feel free to post those here. Though the zoning section will be getting fleshed out completely, the rushdown and frame-traps sections will also be getting reworked a bit. I'll also be reorganizing the guide to make it easier to navigate. Does anyone know how to link to a specific post?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Just a quick update for everyone, I'm taking about a week break from the game after training so hard for UFGT. I'll be applying some major post-patch updates to the guide when I start playing again. I've been keeping up with all of the Deathstroke-related discussions in the forums, but if you have any thoughts on how Deathstroke should be played, feel free to post those here. Though the zoning section will be getting fleshed out completely, the rushdown and frame-traps sections will also be getting reworked a bit. I'll also be reorganizing the guide to make it easier to navigate. Does anyone know how to link to a specific post?
There's a little number next to the like button on each post. Press it and it should give a link to that specific post.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There's a little number next to the like button on each post. Press it and it should give a link to that specific post.
Awesome, thanks! I'm going to spread the guide out into all of those unused reserved posts, and add a clickable table of contents to the OP for easy navigation.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Awesome, thanks! I'm going to spread the guide out into all of those unused reserved posts, and add a clickable table of contents to the OP for easy navigation.
Since you got to this before me, I can offer my services to put the guide in video over the summer. :)

It will take a while since I'm gonna do the same for Bane lol

It will take a while since I'm gonna do the same for Bane lol
What's up with your Bane-fetish?
You went from "Oh Raven, I want to marry you right now, you pale, sweet emo-chick" to "BLUARRRGHHH, I'LL CRRRUSH YOU LIKE AN ANIMAL!"

Shoutouts to DC Universe Online Arena PvP. Some of the most fun I ever had in competetive play.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You went from "Oh Raven, I want to marry you right now, you pale, sweet emo-chick" to "BLUARRRGHHH, I'LL CRRRUSH YOU LIKE AN ANIMAL!"

Shoutouts to DC Universe Online Arena PvP. Some of the most fun I ever had in competetive play.
I like Bane more. Still learning Raven but very quietly.

Bane has more sex appeal too.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass

Killzone you are not one to talk about comic obsessions lol

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Got everything reorganized and added in a working clickable Table of Contents. I'll proofread tomorrow, add in the Zoning Strategies Section, continue to edit/reorganize parts of the guide, and add in some preliminary MU topics.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Me being a Bane / Doomsday user i feel myself sometimes overpowered by zoning characters. (well not with DD but..) So recently i decided to give DS a shot since hes a very good character, but not broken like Supes...
I like him. Being able to inflict good damage at all ranges plus having decent pressure options makes him a superb character.

This guide will def. help me out. THANKs