What's new

The TYM SOFTBALL Thread!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
MKF30 I played in one fastpitch league and I caught/played 3rd. When I caught it was funny because in fastpitch you're allowed to lead AFTER the pitch(but still no stealing) and the catcher can throw you out similarly to a standard force out or put out at first(but on the pick off from catcher it can be at any base, no force is required). I picked off 16 leads in 10 games...LOL, they eventually learned.

As for the Hammer... it's a bat made for the ball you were hitting which was the Clincher or Clincher Gold. That thing is a sock and the hammer will hit the crap out of it, but a double wall bat similar to my F2 does a much better job than the hammer. The powercell you have is actually a better bat than the hammer, so when you play, I suggest you swing that instead... just trust me on this... the powercell is one of Worth's BEST singlewall bats.
Yep, the lead after pitch is released but can't steal(that rule always confused me a little lol)

The Clincher was one of the balls used, there was also another brand I forget but seemed harder(can't remember the name) I just remember my hands vibrating more when I hit it lol. You know why I used the hammer more because the powercell had a thinner tip towards the handle end(I don't like that) lol I prefer more evened out thick but not too thick on the end, leading up to a good bat. I don't know why but despite the league speed, level and balls used I hit WAY better with the hammer then with the powercell. Oh I forgot dude, I was also a switch hitter. I didn't switch hit first two seasons of play, I played a total of 6 years. From 2000-06 so far. 3rd year in I learned to switch hit, I could hit a little from the left side(I'm a righty naturally) but don't have as much power as I have from my right side. I'm guessing this is normal, from what I've read. One game I remember going 4 for 5 with 2 of my hits being from the left side(they were blooper hits) the other 2 were line drives, one up the middle, the other in the gap for a double. Think I popped up the last at bat.

So far it's the only thing in life I can do from left side lol

Noob
Awesome thread Phil and look at that handsome redheaded fellow with the Giants Jersey on.... yay

But yea guys Phil was one of the best coaches/friends I've ever been involved with and a seriously technical hitter and you can't tell by looking at him but he's a vacuum at 3rd base...sick leather....

I'm a dead pull hitter (righty) and some might say I'm kinda fast out there ;)

And Phil knows the one and only clown bat I love....

I'd love to play on a vsm softball team if one forms ...

COBRA 4 LIFE
Yeah, you were the only one to give Adam and AJ a run for their money speed-wise. I think you were faster than Adam though, but don't ever tell him that...LOL.

I'll tell you though, if we had the guys to put together for a VSM summer league, I'd be down... just for fun and laughs...LOL.

I'd like to get the Cobras back together soon too... one more domination of LI would be nice. :D

Noob
So I didn't make it to the batting cage last night... tonight is VSM and tomorrow I'm going to dinner with my wife... so hopefully Saturday or Sunday for some BP...

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I've never actually played softball but it looks like alot of fun.

I played baseball, pitcher/3rd base

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Dammit, this sounds like fun.

I never played soft, just plain ol' baseball/little league for years (Right Field/Second Base), I even still have my old shirt from when we placed 2'nd in the league (it's my lucky shirt :D), I always wondered what the merits/differences between the two were. I miss swinging a bat, man......it's been YEARS :(.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Yea they wear red. Unlike football this isn't my team so im unfamiliar with all the details.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
What Association do you play for? ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISA?
-ASA

Do you play slow pitch or fast pitch?
-Slow Pitch

What position do you play?
-Catcher, 1st, OF

What bat(s) do you own/swing?
(Don't know brand) But the type...A Double Wall for one league and Composite for the other.

What is your favorite bat?
The composite one :)

What is your estimated lifetime batting average?
Only one season but .730+

What is your best season batting average?
Same as above.

What levels have you played at?
Just casual, although the Sunday morning league I was in only had 6 teams at that level, it was extremely tough competition.

Have you ever played tournament level softball?
No I have not.

Noob
I've never actually played softball but it looks like alot of fun.

I played baseball, pitcher/3rd base
There are lots of leagues, both ASA and USSSA in Canada... see if you can find one near you bro.

I never played soft, just plain ol' baseball/little league for years (Right Field/Second Base), I even still have my old shirt from when we placed 2'nd in the league (it's my lucky shirt :D), I always wondered what the merits/differences between the two were. I miss swinging a bat, man......it's been YEARS :(.
The biggest difference is that slow pitch softball is a hitter's game. The next biggest difference is the swing...the way you generate bat speed to hit the ball is very different than baseball... you have to provide your own power instead of the speed of the pitch doing that for you. Oh, and there's also 4 outfielders.

Yea they wear red. Unlike football this isn't my team so im unfamiliar with all the details.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Yup, it's a Brookhaven USSSA league... I umpire for that association(USSSA) but only out in Nassau. I will bring a ball tonight and show you some stuff.

Noob
-ASA

-Slow Pitch

-Catcher, 1st, OF

(Don't know brand) But the type...A Double Wall for one league and Composite for the other.

The composite one :)

Only one season but .730+

Same as above.

Just casual, although the Sunday morning league I was in only had 6 teams at that level, it was extremely tough competition.

No I have not.

Aha! Another softball player! I knew we had more...

Do you remember which composite you used? Most likely a Miken..LOL

Noob
I also want to say that all this softball talk has inspired me to get back into softball playing shape... which means going from my 270lb fat ass back down to a max playing weight of 200lbs(I can play at 250 but its still rough on my knees), and an optimal weight of 180lbs.

As of Monday I have significantly changed my diet and eating habits.

I'm eating far less food in general.

Not eating after 9pm.

6-7 20 oz bottles of water per day.

Meals are healthier in general, higher in fiber, more vegetables, less fried/greasy foods, smaller portions. More chicken/fish, less red meat, 3 days a week I eat vegetarian as well.

Starting Saturday, I'll be seeing a trainer twice a week plus using my recumbent stationary bike(with netflix) to burn more calories a day, plus add in crunches(when I peak, I'll be doing 800 a day), and eventually light weight lifting and more cardio... Believe it or not, I was this weight once before, 10 years ago, and I used DDR for cardio to lose weight and it helped a lot! My knees can't handle that impact anymore, but the bike, crunches, light weights, trainer and more... and I want to drop 8-10lbs per month.

I have a few ideas for this... I'm gonna let them sink in and brew for a bit before I post them.

Noob
REDRUM I still have my Catalyst... the bat is just silly now... totally broken in... I have hit my furthest and hardest shots with that bat.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11

Hey speaking of which, I kept all my jerseys. Call me sentimental but yeah lol.

But yeah, Phil you sound very familiar with the bats too I've noticed. They are a bit pricey though huh? some hundreds of dollars like damn lol.

Actually not sure but seasons coming up! I could ask
Slow (although some people like to throw faster to me since Im younger) Dont make a difference though ;)
Center/Right field and occasionally second base
Cant go wrong with Easton or Reflex!
Prolly Reflex
Lifetime would probably be 300-400 (including when I played baseball)
I went a little over 500 last season
Its a NJ team but I play with some big ballers that are actually known in Jersey and NY. (You might know Elvis)
Nope