What's new

The Splat Setup

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
In the lab again and have some new tech possibly. NO VIDEO AT THE MOMENT OR POSSIBLY EVER :)

Heres the combo

JIP 321 > NJP >32 slowball> fastball> NJP. 35% And what this does is it slams the opponent about 3/4 of the screen away and performs what I call the "splat" animation which is a meaty knock down regardless if they tech roll or not.

What this does is always allows you to get a free slowball on the screen allowing for any of your slowball shenanigan setups but you are at so much advantage you can react to any wake up attack. As the game has evolved I've noticed a lot of people blowing up the 321 slowball ender with wake up attacks and of course armored moves.

If any character does a wake up attack that advances they will eat the forceball damage and you'll still be at your rep dash distance. If a character like say subzero tries to EX slide, he'll take the forceball damage and you can block on reaction and full combo punish. If subzero tech rolls and EX slides he'll just be popped up by the forceball as his armor doesn't last full screen.

Now lets take a teleporting character. Scorpion. You can react to either teleport easily by blocking the regular or d4>forceball the EX teleport. Now how about Kung Lao. What this set up does is eliminates his entire wake up game. When facing KL do the slowball and then NJ. If he wake up teleports just punch and you'll combo him before he can do anything.

Those are just a few examples. But the gist of it is, you eliminate pretty much every wake up attack and turn it into a bait punish game in your favor.

NKZero

Noob
In the lab again and have some new tech possibly. NO VIDEO AT THE MOMENT OR POSSIBLY EVER :)

Heres the combo

JIP 321 > NJP >32 slowball> fastball> NJP. 35% And what this does is it slams the opponent about 3/4 of the screen away and performs what I call the "splat" animation which is a meaty knock down regardless if they tech roll or not.

What this does is always allows you to get a free slowball on the screen allowing for any of your slowball shenanigan setups but you are at so much advantage you can react to any wake up attack. As the game has evolved I've noticed a lot of people blowing up the 321 slowball ender with wake up attacks and of course armored moves.

If any character does a wake up attack that advances they will eat the forceball damage and you'll still be at your rep dash distance. If a character like say subzero tries to EX slide, he'll take the forceball damage and you can block on reaction and full combo punish. If subzero tech rolls and EX slides he'll just be popped up by the forceball as his armor doesn't last full screen.

Now lets take a teleporting character. Scorpion. You can react to either teleport easily by blocking the regular or d4>forceball the EX teleport. Now how about Kung Lao. What this set up does is eliminates his entire wake up game. When facing KL do the slowball and then NJ. If he wake up teleports just punch and you'll combo him before he can do anything.

Those are just a few examples. But the gist of it is, you eliminate pretty much every wake up attack and turn it into a bait punish game in your favor.
Very nice man. The Reptile forums are overwhelmed with tech atm so I guess I picked him up at the right time!

Anyways when I do my 321-NJP combo I follow the NJP with fastball-32-slowball. Will that also allow me to link in a NJP at the end or do I do it exactly as you posted?

RapZiLLa54

Very nice man. The Reptile forums are overwhelmed with tech atm so I guess I picked him up at the right time!

Anyways when I do my 321-NJP combo I follow the NJP with fastball-32-slowball. Will that also allow me to link in a NJP at the end or do I do it exactly as you posted?
The NJP will connect but the problem is you can't do 2 slowballs in a row so when you land and do bb1, nothing will happen. And both ways the combo is still 35%.

NKZero

Noob
The NJP will connect but the problem is you can't do 2 slowballs in a row so when you land and do bb1, nothing will happen. And both ways the combo is still 35%.
Also I don't know if this has been answered elsewhere, but what about ending combos with EX spit? Avoids wake-up I guess but I dunno...

RapZiLLa54

Also I don't know if this has been answered elsewhere, but what about ending combos with EX spit? Avoids wake-up I guess but I dunno...
Not worth it. Reptile is -6 when ending with EX spit plus a waste of meter.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I use this set-up when the 2 F3 1+2 reset hits. Which instead of the forceball I go invis then dash in as they get-up for that Smoke pseudo-rushdown tech.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
OAfter the splat or slam dunk (as I call it) you can dash three times and land next to your opponent to attack/throw/block. Or you can stay where you are and throw out a force ball and it will reach the opponent just as they are coming up so they have to wakeup and use invincibility frames or block and give you some meter. Or you can go invisible and throw some spit. The animation for the force ball is completely over just as they are getting up because they are on the ground for so many frames. It's a great setup and I have been using this almost religiously for quite some time.

Sent from my iPhone.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
Also you can do two force balls in the combo for a full combo, but when they are on the ground recovering you can only do fast force ball. It will reach them as soon as they are getting up off the ground and leaves you enough time to react and block or throw some spit.

Sent from my iPhone.

RapZiLLa54

Not if you do slow ball first. 32 slowball- fastball-NJP and then you can do a slowball once you land.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Really A.J.? Isn't your Reptile fucked up enough as it is? Why you gotta go finding more fucked up setups? Im not playing you anymore. :p