What's new

Tech The Scoop! - Mayo presents, Kitana: The Science of Back3

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Back3. We all know it. It's weird, right? But how useful is it? I've been looking it for the past month or so, and this video completed just in time now that Revolver has used it at NEC. Starcharger28 has talked about it. GGA 16 Bit has played with it in his rushdown. The fact that it hits mid is obviously helpful, but in my presentation we're gonna look at the frame data, the range, applications, and situational combo followups.

In my opinion, Back3 is an overlooked tool that could really change the matches, because if used correctly, opponent will have a whole new aspect of her to fear. I call it..."The Scoop".

Also, just incase you're a "fan" of the D1 Ex Lift link, it works just fine after the AA B3 Cutter.

Konqrr
xKhaoTikx
Mr. Mileena
BillStickers
STB Goldfish
Jimmypotato

Attachments

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Just a slight inaccuracy: Standing 3 is actually her fastest mid starter (at 12 frames).
Though that's true, not at a workable range. You have to be point blank for it to hit mid. Even a tiny step back and it whiffs over their head. I can't even really consider it a mid because of how unreliable it is. This bad boy hits at max D3 range. That's huge.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
only word of caution, when doing D3 and going for B3 after, make sure you practice it so Pretty Kick doesn't come out on you :)

Great Video Mayo!!

This is really useful on the whiffed cross overs when people are low poking to avoid the JIP,

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I saw crazydominican Sr. Using this months ago. Not sure if with the same intentions as in this vid (and obviously not b3, ex fan)

Just sayin'

Sent from my toaster using my photon canon

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I saw crazydominican Sr. Using this months ago. Not sure if with the same intentions as in this vid (and obviously not b3, ex fan)

Just sayin'

Sent from my toaster using my photon canon
Yo man. My mom was using Back3 back in the 50's. She wasn't using Back3 Cutter. She was just standing fullscreen and hitting it over and over. Just sayin'.

trololol

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I have played Kitana from day 1 and I had no idea B3 ALONE can combo....LOL. I've always just incorporated B33 into my rushdown with multiple d3's....very nice Mayo!

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
B3 is awesome glad to see its getting discussed....but everyone knows that b2 is kitanas scoop

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I really, really, really, really, really, really hate to say this

but

i got b3 ex fan.......

from........

.......Wonderchef
Hey, Wonderchef is cool. :) I was so thrilled to see you hit the back3 ex fan version of the scoop. I`ve been putting the video together for about 2 weeks, so when I saw you hit it I just jumped up yelling "Fuck yeah! That shit works!"

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I have used this forever ago and knew that b3 alone combos into everything... but I don't use it enough and I am glad to see this post and video.

I plan to explore this greatly in casuals next week and find some setups.

<3 Mayo ^_^

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I have used this forever ago and knew that b3 alone combos into everything... but I don't use it enough and I am glad to see this post and video.

I plan to explore this greatly in casuals next week and find some setups.

<3 Mayo ^_^
Glad you aprrove! <3 Konqrr

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Personally, I think being able to hit confirm 33 and B33 is the key to moving forward with Kitana, until I got this down, I could never make use of any hit D1's and D3's.

Although I have never tried using B3 Special.