What's new

The RoboCop Thread

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I think, I am gonna stick with Var 1 for now! This was no easy choice, because his lowshots are so good in Var 2.

However Var 1 feels more complete. Besides ex-grenades add another layer to his zoning.

In general his poking game is so great in Var 1 (poke into tickthrow/db4/db1).

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Besides ex-grenades add another layer to his zoning.
I'm still not feeling any of his grenade moves, yet. Still looking for good setups, but right now it doesn't seem worth giving up the damage for a setup since opponent can just block low. And the fact that they only have a hitbox when they hit the ground severely limits their usefullness. The opponent can just jump out of almost any grenade setup I've found so far, with the exception of the gas grenades.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
His standing 2 is an excellent ant1-air. Can confirm into f212~fbd2 for almost 20% meterless.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Wow, if you cancel into the shoulder bomb and they hit you, the bomb will still come out but doesn't do anything. I think all of the non-gas bomb attacks are useless so far. Hopefully someone will figure out a way to make them useful...

Standing 4 into close elecric grenade seems mildly useful. It can be punish if the opponent acts quickly enough. However, it doesn't seem to break throws, unlike other delayed attacks. So if they choose to block, you can dash and throw and the bomb will hit without breaking your throw, netting you 16%.

Last edited:

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Really? I'm having zero issues with it.
Ok I think I have it down now. I was dialing the 1's in between the f3,2,2 but perhaps because I also dialed the f3,2~2, it registered it as the regular f3,2,2 string (Protect the innocent) and the game stopped taking inputs for the 1,1,1

Reactions: jmt

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Wow, if you cancel into the shoulder bomb and they hit you, the bomb will still come out but doesn't do anything. I think all of the non-gas bomb attacks are useless so far. Hopefully someone will figure out a way to make them useful...

Standing 4 into close elecric grenade seems mildly useful. It can be punish if the opponent acts quickly enough. However, it doesn't seem to break throws, unlike other delayed attacks. So if they choose to block, you can dash and throw and the bomb will hit without breaking your throw, netting you 16%.
Ouch! This is sad to hear! Spamming pokes into grenades was my Gameplan until a minute ago! :)

Also you are right on his ex-grenades in Var 1. They just allow you a rifle Check. Yet ex Rifle is hitting mid, so you better spend the bar on that.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
It's looking like v1 is where it's at. Since none of his safe strings launch, you can cancel just about anything into auto-9 to remain +9 right next to them, opening up mixups with his mid command grab. Everything is pretty comfirmable and he can cancel into retreating auto-9 on block. Some low attacks can catch him if done quickly enough, though f4~db1 seems to avoid most of them and still kombos for 10% on hit, leaving you +8 just outside sweep distance.
I fought King Jr. a little bit and I am liking V2 a lot. I think Sonya's rings have been dethroned by Robocop's low auto as the best projectile in the game. Unlike other crouching projectiles like Cassie's low gunshot and Liu Kang's low fireball, Robocop's low auto has extended upper body invincibility, a krushing blow, and a superior amplified version for zoning. This move may be too goo to give up. However, V1 could be better versus characters like Jade and Scorpion for obvious reasons. Time will tell.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Alright, yeah, after playing some matches, v2 is straight bananas.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Lol, NRS really went out of their way to make the bombs as useless as possible.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I wonder why mb flamethrower isnt safe lol , we spent bar for what ? sub can punish it with slide from max distance so i bet others like nw with shoulder , liu flying kick will can too .

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
yeah its terrible.
So what are the most safe ways to cancel strings into?
Which variation? His strings are easily comfirmable, so usually you won't want to cancel into anything on block unless you want to train your opponent to respect that possibility. Riot Shield recovers surprisingly fast if you just tap it, but it will still catch counterpokes.

In v1 you can cancel into Reactive Patrol with relative safety. In v3 you can cancel into gas grenade which is only -6 on block and will catch some counterpokes.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
@Gooberking Did you notice that you weren't taking any chip damage from the Cobra Assault Cannon during our matches? I'm in practice mode now and it's dealing substantial chip. Were you flawless blocking all 3 hits or something?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
@Gooberking Did you notice that you weren't taking any chip damage from the Cobra Assault Cannon during our matches? I'm in practice mode now and it's dealing substantial chip. Were you flawless blocking all 3 hits or something?
That the big gun that drops from the sky? I was attempting to duck the first hit, and FB the second. There is some rule in the game that if you flawless the first hit of something it minimizes later, blocked hits.

I'm guessing that would account for what you were seeing

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
That the big gun that drops from the sky? I was attempting to duck the first hit, and FB the second. There is some rule in the game that if you flawless the first hit of something it minimizes later, blocked hits.

I'm guessing that would account for what you were seeing
Ah, gotcha. Thanks! I was so confused while we were playing, lol.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Can we get a new thread up for combos or something? Would like to pick everyones brains on it. I haven't played NRS games in a while.
If you figure out any kombos, feel free to post them here, Once I figure out what his optimized kombos and setups are, I'll get them added to the Ultimate Guide.