What's new

The Ranked Players Thread 360/PS3

Hey all, just wanted to make a thread for the ranked players, I know rank don't really mean a whole lot but it's all I currently play and I personally think it's the funnest, aside from playing private matches with friends.

King of the Hill is really not my thing,when you get into a game you have to wait so long to play, combine that with horrific lag do to all the players and the fact everyone gets to watch how you play, just not my cup of tea.

Ranked, you search, play a match and move on to the next person. Yeah it takes a few to find a match currently, but it's not to to bad at peak hours. And I really hope they add a Region Lock on/off option that can be toggles from the options menu soon. The lag is horrible when I get paired up with people from France, Mexico, UK, Brazil, and everywhere else. Germany, Netherlands, you name it no offense to any of you but if I had the choice which I SHOULD, I wouldn't be playing you.

Currently ranked 22 in 1vs1, shooting for top 10. Also grinding to master every character right now so I'm not playing a whole whole lot, almost got it though for 1000/1000 GS. :)

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
ranked is so ass. 90% of people use skorpion. Its not like they're hard to beat or anything but it gets boring quickly, I'm on ps3 and was expecting to see way more kratos, kung lao, cage mayB?

No idea what rank I am I think I've only played more than 20 or so games, if any wants any private matches tho on psn then add me: YUR_GRANDMA

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ranked is bad because you have no control over you fight, which makes it even worse than lobbies/private matches. I get people from other countries all the time from what I can tell. Some of the best connections I have gotten was playing in a "midwest" lobby. Ranked is usually among the worst connections I've gotten.

I hate to use the phrase "lag tactics" but ranked is almost always people who use them exclusively. If you have a char that mixes up overheads/lows it's impossible to fuzzy guard online, people can just go nuts. Not to mention timing punishes and even wakeup attacks is totally different depending on the amount of input delay. I have about 400 ranked games I think and maybe 10% of them my opponent actually tried to do a combo or juggle. I don't blame them either, it's a pain in the ass to do juggles in lag. Maybe half of all my games have lag I would call terrible.

I have played lots of people in the top 20 ranked of XBL and MOST (not all) are quite bad. It's probably because it has nothing to do with skill, and all to do with # of wins, so the person who grinds out the most games is automatically top.

Who said they were worried about their rank?
In the first post didn't you said you wanted to make top 10. Wanting to make a specific rank makes it sound like you care about it enough to mention it.

Ranked is bad because you have no control over you fight, which makes it even worse than lobbies/private matches. I get people from other countries all the time from what I can tell. Some of the best connections I have gotten was playing in a "midwest" lobby. Ranked is usually among the worst connections I've gotten.

I hate to use the phrase "lag tactics" but ranked is almost always people who use them exclusively. If you have a char that mixes up overheads/lows it's impossible to fuzzy guard online, people can just go nuts. Not to mention timing punishes and even wakeup attacks is totally different depending on the amount of input delay. I have about 400 ranked games I think and maybe 10% of them my opponent actually tried to do a combo or juggle. I don't blame them either, it's a pain in the ass to do juggles in lag. Maybe half of all my games have lag I would call terrible.

I have played lots of people in the top 20 ranked of XBL and MOST (not all) are quite bad. It's probably because it has nothing to do with skill, and all to do with # of wins, so the person who grinds out the most games is automatically top.

In the first post didn't you said you wanted to make top 10. Wanting to make a specific rank makes it sound like you care about it enough to mention it.
I agree with most of the top 20 being sub par. But about me caring about it not really, just nothing else for me to really do on the game other then to play private games with friends. King of the Hill is no thanks, and chat rooms are no thanks.

Eight

I am the salt
All I get in ranked matches is people trying to get achievements

which makes for extremely boring matches for me (turtle for 2 rounds achiev, I'm looking at you :fuckyou:)