What's new

The Power Nth -- Hawkgirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh...God her B3 really annoys me. Right now I'm practicing her 3~Mace Throw (MB) upshoulder, B3...it's so hard for me to land. F3 is okay...but I really wish her B3 linked more smoothly...
Yea, I think it needs to be changed a bit especially with the delays online

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Can someone mention this to NRS? In the early days of MK9, Sindel was supposed to be able to link her Yell after B3,F2...but it WAS VERY HARD and super strict. Then in the first or second patch they enabled it to come out much more smoothly. I feel this is the only buff she needs...a larger frame window to land her B3. It's insanely slow, imo.

Can someone mention this to NRS? In the early days of MK9, Sindel was supposed to be able to link her Yell after B3,F2...but it WAS VERY HARD and super strict. Then in the first or second patch they enabled it to come out much more smoothly. I feel this is the only buff she needs...a larger frame window to land her B3. It's insanely slow, imo.
I'll log on to twitter and tell ed about that. Apparently he talks a lot with his fans on that site

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
TBH I couldn't care less about buffs for 123, that string is simply worthless as a starter.

InfernoZ

Noob
Aren't all b+3s the same speed? The problem is that her combo-ability into b+3 is so limited so there's very little potential for damage. I'll be honest and say you aren't meant to be landing many b+3s in a match. Only practical opportunities to land it is if you either froze them with the pipe in Arkham or MB'd it to armor through an attack

That's just how it is. You wont land 1,2,3 vs a competent player. I wouldn't worry about using it outside of punishing a massive mistake from the opponent

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
B3s actually have different startup speed between characters, and Hawkgirl's b3 is insanely slow, but since we never have to use it, we shouldn't care.

If you really want to have an armored normal go for f3, it's faster, hits overhead and has a better hitbox for nearly the same amount of damages.

We don't need unecessary buffs.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Aren't all b+3s the same speed? The problem is that her combo-ability into b+3 is so limited so there's very little potential for damage. I'll be honest and say you aren't meant to be landing many b+3s in a match. Only practical opportunities to land it is if you either froze them with the pipe in Arkham or MB'd it to armor through an attack

That's just how it is. You wont land 1,2,3 vs a competent player. I wouldn't worry about using it outside of punishing a massive mistake from the opponent
All B3's are different though. Some have the shittiest range like Black Adam and Shazam...others like Sinestro, Wonder Woman and Catwoman have humongus reach. The issue with Hawkgirl is trying to link 1,2,3 and B3 together is basically a 1 frame link akin to SF.

InfernoZ

Noob
Oh thanks Boodendorf figured they'd all be the same but not surprised they are different

All B3's are different though. Some have the shittiest range like Black Adam and Shazam...others like Sinestro, Wonder Woman and Catwoman have humongus reach. The issue with Hawkgirl is trying to link 1,2,3 and B3 together is basically a 1 frame link akin to SF.
I know they are different range wise, heck Batman's b+3 goes half screen. I was just curious about speed

1,2,3, b+3 I've honestly never found that hard outside of online, doesn't really seem like an issue, especially since it's off such a bad starter and she has easier options using f+3 anyway. In offline sets I land the b+3 link all day. Is it confirmed to be a 1-framer or is that just an estimate? It feels slightly too lenient to be a 1-frame link

RunwayMafia

I disagree. Catwoman, for example, has a faster B3 and the range is Heavenly. Also, i like to use 123 as a punisher off a blocked string that is in the negative. If B3 connected more reliably it would lead to her simple 34% bnb...it would just be nice. Plus I'm so used to using B3 in Cat's combos...

RunwayMafia

B3s actually have different startup speed between characters, and Hawkgirl's b3 is insanely slow, but since we never have to use it, we shouldn't care.

If you really want to have an armored normal go for f3, it's faster, hits overhead and has a better hitbox for nearly the same amount of damages.

We don't need unecessary buffs.
I'm aware we dont NEED buffs...it just doesn't feel right...like it was designed to connect...it feels more unnaturally forced (landing a b3). Thats why I brought up what NRS did for Sindels yell. Armored F3....? That's not what I'm talking about here...

regulas

Your Emporer
I don't think she will get buffs (at least not intentionally), but they will probably make some adjustments when they patch, as she may be one of the less refined polish wise as far as some of her mechanics go.

Speh

Noob
Oh thanks Boodendorf figured they'd all be the same but not surprised they are different

I know they are different range wise, heck Batman's b+3 goes half screen. I was just curious about speed

1,2,3, b+3 I've honestly never found that hard outside of online, doesn't really seem like an issue, especially since it's off such a bad starter and she has easier options using f+3 anyway. In offline sets I land the b+3 link all day. Is it confirmed to be a 1-framer or is that just an estimate? It feels slightly too lenient to be a 1-frame link
It feels more like a 3 frame link to me which really isn't that bad. I mentioned this somewhere in the forum before but an easy way for me to land the b3 is to just double tap the link. I very rarely miss it online doing that, but I've also spent hours offline getting the right timing to do it in lag.

A lot of people are starting to quit on me because I zone a lot. Don't like provoking death stroke players because those bullets come at you fast. He's the only character that I've played that can shoot me out of the sky. I like to hide in the top corner of the screen and he can shoot me me down easily.

RunwayMafia

It feels more like a 3 frame link to me which really isn't that bad. I mentioned this somewhere in the forum before but an easy way for me to land the b3 is to just double tap the link. I very rarely miss it online doing that, but I've also spent hours offline getting the right timing to do it in lag.
Double tap the link? You mean you hit back back 3, or back 3 back 3?

RunwayMafia

A lot of people are starting to quit on me because I zone a lot. Don't like provoking death stroke players because those bullets come at you fast. He's the only character that I've played that can shoot me out of the sky. I like to hide in the top corner of the screen and he can shoot me me down easily.
I have a shit ton of match videos against good DeathStrokes. Never stay in the air against him. Simply weasel your way and time jumping air mace throws (going diagonal towards them) and eventually you'll have him in the corner. Bam, end story, that's all she wrote...

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
So today, here's what I found:
-48% meterless corner combo
-safe divekick against 6frames reversal
-nearly unavoidable interactable setups leading to crazy damages (maximum I got is like 64% off one meter)
-SAFE DIVEKICK AGAINST 6 FRAMES REVERSAL
-Bane is actually one annoying matchup.
-SAFE DIVEKICK AGAINST 6 FRAMES REVERSAL HOLY GOD

RunwayMafia

-nearly unavoidable interactable setups leading to crazy damages (maximum I got is like 64% off one meter)
Safe dive kick against 6f reversal...what does that mean exactly? Do elaborate my friend ;)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
We gonna see a vid of this soon? I need a better corner combo lol, coz the one i do now is hard as fuck and i drop it way too much

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Yeah, you guys are gonna get vids soon, one for safe divekick, one for combo+interactable setups.
And I made it so that the corner wasn't too hard to be actually practical, I cann pull it off in matches now so it should be good to anybody, the old b1 we3 three times combo was way too hard lol.

And by safe on block against 6 frames reversal mean that attacks like lex's corp charge and flash's uppercut can't punish her if they block her divekick.

Status
Not open for further replies.