What's new

The option to turn Fatalities off

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This goes for online and offline. I would very much like the option to turn Fatalities off. I have little ones running around and if I am finding the time to play this I certainly would not want to panic to cover their eyes. Let's face it... these fatalities are very realistic looking.

I love the direction, but that's just a request I have for two reasons. Kids and people online doing the same fatality over and over. I guess you could argue this and just tell me to win more, but that's where I would say "Fuck you." :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I agree, my little sisters and nieces would freak out if they see scorpion cutting some faces off

Hades

Noob
This is true fatalities really lose their nostalgia after seeing them a few times and i mean even though they are such an iconic part of mortal kombat you can't keep watching them forever. There was also a no blood code featured in mortal kombat 9 that players could use so this maybe wouldn't be a bad option...

rolz420zx

MindGamez
I completely understand where you're coming from. However, at least for online, it would have to be a mutual agreement between both players. With that being said I hope they bring back the Kombat codes and both players can enter the "no blood" code. As far as offline if its your house you set the rules...lol For tournament, that's up to the TO.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I agree. @STORMS

A completely "Blood Free" mode would be great just so I could let me 8 year old play the game..

I already let him play MK9 ONLY when im in the room with him and I ONLY do BABALITIES on people in Ranked for Finishers.
If someone else tries to do a FATALITY to me online (why the hell do people still do them ONLINE knowing their is a 88% change or a RQ happening) I either have to press the HOME button right away so the splash screen covers MOST of whats happening on screen or worse shut the console off asap.....

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Uh, I am also a parent and you know what the answer to this problem is? Don't fucking play mortal kombat when the kids are around.
Not to be a bitch, but... no shit. I said, "if I am finding the time to play". If they're downstairs etc and then BUST in the door, etc. You're telling me you don't agree with potentially having this option?

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Uh, I am also a parent and you know what the answer to this problem is? Don't fucking play mortal kombat when the kids are around.
I'm a parent as well and there are times where you cannot avoid such things!

My games almost never come out when the kids are awake, but I have had incidents where my 6 year old would sneak down the stairs to secretly watch me play MK9 and other games. I have had times where I was home alone and have to quite the game in mid match online, because the kids came home. In many cases I and the kids aren't too bothered by watching the characters beat each other up, but I have to agree the fatalities are too much for them at their age and I agree having that option wouldn't be a bad thing. Besides why would anyone here truly disagree with the option its just a choice.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'm a parent as well and there are times where you cannot avoid such things!

My games almost never come out when the kids are awake, but I have had incidents where my 6 year old would sneak down the stairs to secretly watch me play MK9 and other games. I have had times where I was home alone and have to quite the game in mid match online, because the kids came home. In many cases I and the kids aren't too bothered by watching the characters beat each other up, but I have to agree the fatalities are too much for them at their age and I agree having that option wouldn't be a bad thing. Besides why would anyone here truly disagree with the option its just a choice.
Common sense wins! Thank you, TheSpore! :)

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
In response to that "Fuck You", I have to say "Fuck You" in return.

I see it the way I see celebrations after touchdowns in the NFL or any sport really:

If you didn't want Ochocinco/TO/Steve Smith(whoever!) celebrating? Don't let them score. If it means THAT much, guard them with your entire defense and let somebody else score who won't celebrate. You can quit the match if it bothers you so much. Or play with people in which you don't have to worry about rampant -alities happening. To the victor goes the spoils. That's how it works.

EDIT - overlooked the simplicity of asking for the option to turn them off.. I wont erase my previous comment, but yes, I agree with OP.

Last edited:

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Common sense wins! Thank you, TheSpore! :)
No problem I've been a parent for way too long to not know that somehow my kids will be exposed to games like MK. The only FG my son is allowed to play is actually BlazBlue simply due to how silly and cartoony it is.

When my son saw MIleena's face one time, I had to console that kid for weeks, he was so damn afraid to sleep at night.

I would want this option just to speed up player matches. I like fatalities, but I prefer my opponent not do them until the last match if we are doing a FT10 or FT5

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Storms I wil train u 2 b pro :DOGE
my hero <3

No problem I've been a parent for way too long to not know that somehow my kids will be exposed to games like MK. The only FG my son is allowed to play is actually BlazBlue simply due to how silly and cartoony it is.

When my son saw MIleena's face one time, I had to console that kid for weeks, he was so damn afraid to sleep at night.
Agreed and thank you. Soul Calibur V was the only game I let my boy play.

@tylerlansdown please hook us up with this option :)

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26

Are you a part time dad?

Im around my sons almost ALWAYS when Im home and they always wanna do what "daddy does" so just having an "option" that could potentially turn the game into at least a PG-13 setting would help (temporally of course when the family is home)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
In response to that "Fuck You", I have to say "Fuck You" in return.

I see it the way I see celebrations after touchdowns in the NFL or any sport really:

If you didn't want Ochocinco/TO/Steve Smith(whoever!) celebrating? Don't let them score. If it means THAT much, guard them with your entire defense and let somebody else score who won't celebrate. You can quit the match if it bothers you so much. Or play with people in which you don't have to worry about rampant -alities happening. To the victor goes the spoils. That's how it works.
You obviously do not have kids. K. Thanks. :)

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I think the option is a great idea to streamline things a bit.

However, I'm so glad that "little ones" aren't an issue for me. Around the time the game came out, my niece and nephew absolutely LOVED it when I do a fatality on someone in MK9 (FYI: the oldest just turned 8 this year). They would watch every gory detail with such glee. I was so proud :')