What's new

The official Tom Brady new main speculation

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
whoever said Sektor.... I think that fits. Ketchup isn't the face of the american tournaments.... not his fault... just how it is.

The other Sektor players haven't made a name in tourney's.... seems legit.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I think SwiftTomHanks does a good job, though I could be saying that since he's a fellow pennsylvanian...

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Sektor is a possibility .... Tom did that video explaining Sub-Zero x Sektor matchup, as being at Sektor's favour, so, maybe he has been playing Sektor for a while in lab, and ended having some interest on his gameplay ..... who knows ?

OffTopic : talking about Sektor, someone saw Detroit playing Sektor ? Man, that was a beast gameplay ! :D

i never saw why he would go from one of the worst characters in the game to an even shittier one,
Actually in the current meta-game Stryker is probably a lot more viable than Sub is.

Stryker does way better vs Kitana, Sonya, Jax, Smoke, Cyrax, Kung Lao, Skarlet and Sektor. Stryker's worst matchup is like 4-6 which isn't anywhere near unwinnable. Sub-Zero has a few 2-8 and 3-7 MUs vs popular characters which is why it's so hard for him.

And Stryker ain't shitty. MK players are because most of them have no idea how to play proper footsies yet. Once they level up to the next level and start playing a little more mature they'll see the potential I see in him. He's just harder to use so people prefer to go for the easier wins.

Red Son

Noob
I never thought about Sektor, but he fits perfectly, a top character that doesn't have a top player using him as main.
And Brady never used him before

Considering that Maxter's main is Cyrax, of course

LEGEND

YES!
Actually in the current meta-game Stryker is probably a lot more viable than Sub is.

Stryker does way better vs Kitana, Sonya, Jax, Smoke, Cyrax, Kung Lao, Skarlet and Sektor. Stryker's worst matchup is like 4-6 which isn't anywhere near unwinnable. Sub-Zero has a few 2-8 and 3-7 MUs vs popular characters which is why it's so hard for him.

And Stryker ain't shitty. MK players are because most of them have no idea how to play proper footsies yet. Once they level up to the next level and start playing a little more mature they'll see the potential I see in him. He's just harder to use so people prefer to go for the easier wins.
it takes alot of work to with stryker do anything vs a good player that knows the matchup, in a tournament setting he isn't very viable no matter the matchup numbers. The best thing Stryker has right now is that next to no one knows how to fight him or counter his set ups and zoning. Once they do its over (figuratively speaking). When he wins a mixup or mind game he gets very little and some frame advantage where characters like Cyrax and Smoke straight up kill you

i still love this character but nobody can make Stryker win Evo. its impossible.

NKZero

Noob
I still fully maintain it's Quan Chi. My original guess was Kano but Tom's played him already. It cannot be Raiden since as Dark Rob said, 90% of us are wrong and so many people guessed Raiden. Plus Tom's used Raiden and in his own words, the character has never been seen to be used by him.

QUAN CHI

SyXX

Yolo is Power
I never thought about Sektor, but he fits perfectly, a top character that doesn't have a top player using him as main.
And Brady never used him before

Considering that Maxter's main is Cyrax, of course

You can rule that one out. On his first video I posted that comment and he replied shortly after that it was not Sektor it was a char that was super top tier. He then promptly deleted the comment but I still have a copy in my YT inbox (Sorry Tom). If it's someone super lame and someone super top tier I'm guessing it's Smoke. Smoke would fit his playstyle well I think. Can punish mistakes with a full combo from anywhere on screen, mostly super safe (we all know how safe Tom seems to play). Can get a life lead and play run away forever. My $.02.

I'm going to take a guess that it's Skarlett. Afterall, Brady was the guy that found a lot of the current Sub Zero stuff and I think he wants to follow in the same footsteps of being something of a "first player" to fully support a character that noone seems interested in taking to the next level besides a very small few.

Concerning the quote to be taken literal " used to have a face." Kabal or Kano as their faces aren't what they used to be and metaphorically speaking i would say it's Rain.

My two cents are that the character is either Skarlett or Smoke. Personally, I think Smoke fits Brady's style the best:
Brady loved that sub combo reset that's the opponent can escape now and smoke has an inescapable reset.
Smoke can play a real lame play-style
Can punish from full screen better than Sub can
Plus he's mostly safe.

As for Skarlett I could see him playing Skarlett with a lamer play-style but I don't know how effective that will be since I haven't seen or know much about Skarlett but who knows