What's new

The official reo's cage thread

Furb

Noob
Against Jax you have to be very patience. D+1 is your way to neutralize his rushdown.

About REO's JC... I have expected more. He indeed play very well, but IMO it's not even close to maxter's level. REO's JC is interesting, because he's not abusing f+3 that much as other players and he's using shadow kick very wisely (not often seen players using shadow kick). Generally, REO JC is just a proof that he can play almost every character in this game.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I don't know why you guys are so surprised when a top player pulls out a character they don't always use at tournies and then shows they're pretty beastly with them. Most of the top players know tonnes of characters because they're concentrating on being the best at the game and not just with a character.

NariTuba

disMember
About REO's JC... I have expected more. He indeed play very well, but IMO it's not even close to maxter's level.
When he was playing Cage full time (for about a week :) ) he was as good as it gets. Against CDjr he used Cage to beat Jax, mission accomplished. He wasnt showcasing his JC, he was countering Jax and he succeded. He has said he doesnt like JC because all he does is jabs. Im sure if he put in more time (which he prolly wont) he would be hitting all the hit confirms and maximizing all the damage; in this case he didnt need to.

mekane

Noob
About REO's JC... I have expected more. He indeed play very well, but IMO it's not even close to maxter's level. REO's JC is interesting, because he's not abusing f+3 that much as other players and he's using shadow kick very wisely (not often seen players using shadow kick). Generally, REO JC is just a proof that he can play almost every character in this game.
This was the impression I got as well... his cage looked good, but not spectacular. it was a smart counter pick, but I think Maxter's cage is probably better.

i actually think if CD Jr stuck with Jax he probably would have beaten REO's cage in the 3rd match, and won the tournament. JMO.

Big shoutouts to Dizzy for getting top 16 with just Cage. You were beasting... too bad you got REO in your pool though, you were pretty damn close though.

Also shoutouts to REO and Maxter for pulling out Cage in the tournament and doing well with him.

Shoutouts to XBLMindGamez, I just watched your match with Konqrr... so close. Good games though.

If there were any other Cage players I missed, shoutouts to them too.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
My Cage is alot better than what you guys seen on stream vs Kongrr. It was soo cold, some0ne stole my hoody and my hands we freezing. Not taking anything from Kongrr he beat me fair and square. I was playing alot of casuals and people were really impressed with my cage.

Dizzy has an amazing cage. Me and him mirror matched for a bit and it went back and forth at Final Round during tournament. Dizzy taught me stuff with cage and I taught him stuff with cage. So I say Me or Dizzy for Cage moderator.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Dizzy in an amazint jc player if you claim that you don't know or haven't heard of him then you haven't been in tym that long. Reos jc was good but the best.

Marvaz

come at me
Dizzy in an amazint jc player if you claim that you don't know or haven't heard of him then you haven't been in tym that long. Reos jc was good but the best.
I havent heard of you unless you have been in top 8 at a major. Dont care how many locals youve won where the comp sucks there etc. No disrespect but thats just me. Honestly now that i look at it i think Maxter should def be the mod.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
The mod should be somebody who Mains the character. Maxter has a good cage. but doesn't use him in every match up.

NariTuba

disMember
Honestly, after REO, the only Cage Ive been impressed with has been F0xy. A matter of taste I suppose.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I havent heard of you unless you have been in top 8 at a major. Dont care how many locals youve won where the comp sucks there etc. No disrespect but thats just me. Honestly now that i look at it i think Maxter should def be the mod.
i almost gaurantee that if dizzy didn't play reo twice at FR he could have made it out of pools, top 16 at FR is like making top 8 at every other major, btw dizzy got 4 at FF where PL got 1st so if thats a major well there you go. you have to ask your self if you were in dizzy's shoes and you had to play reo's kabal twice which we all know is cages worst matchup how would you have done? not taking anything away from what you have accomplished as a player and using cage, but REO is just to good of a kabal to lose to anyone's JC imo. not saying it can't happen but i feel your not giving someone credit where they deserve it.

Marvaz

come at me
i almost gaurantee that if dizzy didn't play reo twice at FR he could have made it out of pools, top 16 at FR is like making top 8 at every other major, btw dizzy got 4 at FF where PL got 1st so if thats a major well there you go. you have to ask your self if you were in dizzy's shoes and you had to play reo's kabal twice which we all know is cages worst matchup how would you have done? not taking anything away from what you have accomplished as a player and using cage, but REO is just to good of a kabal to lose to anyone's JC imo. not saying it can't happen but i feel your not giving someone credit where they deserve it.
Dude my cage sucks im irrelevant to this conversation. Again no offense to dizzy but i have never seen him play or really heard much about him other than now which it looks like hes never really done anything. I dont see the hype. But i do respect the fact that he plays no 1 but cage lol. Also the fact that u guys say he looks like cage? lol. I would nominate foxygranpa but the comp in europe looks minute to us comp.

Maxter, ey guey ven a ser el mod de aqui. Eres el mejor cage que e visto en los estados unidos horita. Estos gueyes no saben de que hablan.

Zyphox

Dude my cage sucks im irrelevant to this conversation. Again no offense to dizzy but i have never seen him play or really heard much about him other than now which it looks like hes never really done anything. I dont see the hype. But i do respect the fact that he plays no 1 but cage lol. Also the fact that u guys say he looks like cage? lol. I would nominate foxygranpa but the comp in europe looks minute to us comp.

Maxter, ey guey ven a ser el mod de aqui. Eres el mejor cage que e visto en los estados unidos horita. Estos gueyes no saben de que hablan.
yo se que estoy hablando y no estoy dicutiendo que maxter deber se el nuevo mod, pero tienes que ver que el no usas cage todo los tiempos y que dizzy si lo usas, yo le pregunto por ti maniana quando llego a vsm si el quieres acer el mod de cage :)

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
edit: so I'm not completely derailing the thread further, Reo's cage is very strong. I'm surprised that cdjr didn't win that considering his brother is a cager.
IIRC, CD jr said at that Revolution X tourney that Maxter doesn't let him play his Cage so he won't have the advantage in tourneys. lol.

Zyphox

imo REO should use cage in favorable matchups just cuz am super biased and wanna see cage win every tourney :) but then again then people will be calling for nerfs and all the nerf cage threads and johnny cage is OP all because REO could destroy with him i could do without :(