What's new

The official reo's cage thread

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
wow am so proud, when i go to vsm this thursday being a full cage player i can't wait to give congrats to reo for using cage on CDjr. so now what do you guys think the match up against jax is? oh and what was different in reo's cage than other cages?

http://www.twitch.tv/medina4life/b/310607483

FreeEO vs FreeDjr at 12:37:00 long stream might have to go full screen to actually get it to 12 hours 37 minutes

Zyphox

congrats to reo for winning the hypest major so far in mk, and use used my boy on Cjr :) that makes me smile

Furb

Noob
Is there any video of REO using Cage? I think that JC is a very good character against jax. JC pokes > Jax's pokes.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
REO has been using Cage for awhile. I remember he took 3rd or something like that at ECT3 with Cage.

Marvaz

come at me
Sao is the cage moderator but doesnt play cage at tournaments anymore. So i think someone who has ACTUALLY made top 8 at a major with cage should take his spot imo. Every other cage is irrelevant unless you have made top 8 at a major. My vote goes for Maxter and Reo for sure.

Sao is the cage moderator but doesnt play cage at tournaments anymore. So i think someone who has ACTUALLY made top 8 at a major with cage should take his spot imo. Every other cage is irrelevant unless you have made top 8 at a major. My vote goes for Maxter and Reo for sure.
LOL what about dizzy man

Death

Noob
Dammmmmmmn Marvaz. But i can agree with you. Maxter Cage is ridiculous. Him and Foxy are up there with one of the best I fought.

I dont even know who dizzy is? I saw him like once or twice but his cage is def inferior to Maxters and Reos. I dont even think dudes even made top 8 at a local? no offense
man he gave reo a run for his money in a kabal vs cage matchup, he placed 4th at frosty faustings. and his cage is definitely not inferior, his ability to get in nutpunches with f3 on opponents who try to jump away or crossover is second to none. he is the best as a cage player but as a general mk player maxter and reo are better yes. you can see that dizzy has been playing cage for a long time, because he picks up on all the combo opportunities that are available.

Zyphox

I dont even know who dizzy is? I saw him like once or twice but his cage is def inferior to Maxters and Reos. I dont even think dudes even made top 8 at a local? no offense
na he's a good cage, and the most respectable in terms of being true sunglasses wearin' beast. dizzy only uses cage, even against kenshi and kabal, you have to respect a cage that does that, and am not sure correct me if am wrong but dizzy has place top 8 before in a local and a few tourneys but don't quote me its just my guess for now till dizzy comes in here and tells us what he's place in or someone who knows.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Dizzy has won pretty much (possible definitively, but I don't remember) every local that 16 bit wasn't at, 4th at a regional, and is ONE OF (thanks Mikemetroid) the only one of anyone in America to place that high at a major using ONLY cage. If we're using the logic that if you counterpick in top 8 with a character you haven't used all tourney then maxter now mods, cyrax, jc, striker and cdjr mods sheeva, kenshi, jax, smoke, and whoever else he pulls out of his pocket. I guess we only need 3 mods for the whole board, everyone can go home now.

gtfo with that logic lol. :p

edit: so I'm not completely derailing the thread further, Reo's cage is very strong. I'm surprised that cdjr didn't win that considering his brother is a cager.

NariTuba

disMember
REO on VSM inspired me to play Johnny Cage... I remember hoping he would bust it out at EVO finals against PL.

His Cage was soo good at the time that a thread was made by someone back then detailing all the techniques he used. I know me and a lot of other players learned a lot from it.

It was a pleasure seeing him play with him against CDjr and win.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
REO is one of the few that can play multiple characters, keeping high level profile with the same agressive gameplay and smart style he has, as player. No surprises here regarding Cage, hehe :D

Zyphox

REO on VSM inspired me to play Johnny Cage... I remember hoping he would bust it out at EVO finals against PL.

His Cage was soo good at the time that a thread was made by someone back then detailing all the techniques he used. I know me and a lot of other players learned a lot from it.

It was a pleasure seeing him play with him against CDjr and win.
man i wish i was into the community more back then, i was in the process of moving from a different state and my MK disc broke, i would have loved to see reo's cage before FR i had no idea he even played cage, maybe i an get a cage mirror this thursday against him lol :D

on topic, what did FreeEO do against FreeDjr that won him the match against jax that was most effective in your opinion"s peeps?