What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
people are going to bitch about every character soon. Right now people aren't realizing that like every single character has bull shit.

I love it. I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

This is how competitive games should be, every character(or car or gun or whatever you use in the game) should have stupid dirt and bullshit if you dig hard enough to find it.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Carl Weathers will be the most Salt Inducing thing ever.
No one really uses Jax yet(they probably will when that skin drops, then we'll have stew going) but when I fight people with him the salt flows.

Dude is so fucking safe and has a bunch of mix-up options and probably the best set of special moves in the game, I can't blame people for being upset.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
No one really uses Jax yet(they probably will when that skin drops, then we'll have stew going) but when I fight people with him the salt flows.

Dude is so fucking safe and has a bunch of mix-up options and probably the best set of special moves in the game, I can't blame people for being upset.
The people I saw getting salty were not getting salty over any of that. They were just getting salty over his Rocket Launcher. It was hilarious.

Also, I'm learning Jax just because of that Carl Weathers skin.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Note this isn't called a "run confirm", it's called a "run cancel." So whatever move/string comes before the run cancel portion of your combo, you should be canceling the recovery of the move rather than waiting for it to be done so you can run.
Pretty sure that in most cases it's just running after recovery. Most of actual cancelling I've seen involved holdable moves.
But hey, just like with every special term ever, saying "cancelling" makes one feel belonging to "closed" circle and makes it sound like something that involves some hella feat of execution to a bystander, so people use it regardless.

The fact that there are moves with variable recovery depending on if it hit or apparent existence of rather weird recovery states when you can do certain things but not others doesn't help clarity though.

One can use this post as a reference to existence of unlimited reasons to get mad over nothing :p

Anyway, when I was new to MK9 dash combos were pretty tough (being my first FG didn't help), so I can see why people have problems with MKX brand of those. It'll pass.

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Barely into the week and we already have top candidates for the salt report. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the week pans out. Hopefully it'll be just as delicious.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Mucho Salto towards High Voltage Studios. Another horrible port... Well beyond the capabilities of any standing console, but god damn it if my PC can't keep up. Time for an upgrade. Thanks Obama...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Salt Shaker claiming that this set up is "unblockable" then when shown otherwise, claiming that you would have a "1/20" chance in blocking it.
Because 1) it wasn't the same setup and 2) there's a difference between practice mode and game speed.

1) If you're going to use a video to demonstrate how to stop what the OP complained about, at least show what the OP complained about. There's a huge, huge reason why not showing the correct setup is inaccurate. Not my job to explain why unless an accurate video was provided to discuss. But you guess ate it up though.

2) When the actual setup is done it won't be blocked. Ok, maybe 1/20 was too much. 3/20 is better? I feel like Saucy right now because I'll double any amount of money that no one can block this setup against me if I do it to them in a game speed setting more than 50%. No one. You wanna take me up on this? Anyone?

Until then, shhh.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Because 1) it wasn't the same setup and 2) there's a difference between practice mode and game speed.

1) If you're going to use a video to demonstrate how to stop what the OP complained about, at least show what the OP complained about. There's a huge, huge reason why not showing the correct setup is inaccurate. Not my job to explain why unless an accurate video was provided to discuss. But you guess ate it up though.

2) When the actual setup is done it won't be blocked. Ok, maybe 1/20 was too much. 3/20 is better? I feel like Saucy right now because I'll double any amount of money that no one can block this setup against me if I do it to them in a game speed setting more than 50%. No one. You wanna take me up on this? Anyone?

Until then, shhh.
You claimed that it was literally unblockable because you were unaware that in this game, if an overhead and low hit on the same frame while blocking they are both blocked. I don't care what set up you were referring to, it was not literally unblockable as you initially claimed.

And you completely missed the point of the saucy challenge. People were saying those 50/50s were easy to see and react to so he was challenging that. No one was saying the cassie set up was easy to react to, just that it wasn't "unwinnable" and "unblockable"

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You claimed that it was literally unblockable because you were unaware that in this game, if an overhead and low hit on the same frame while blocking they are both blocked. I don't care what set up you were referring to, it was not literally unblockable as you initially claimed.

And you completely missed the point of the saucy challenge. People were saying those 50/50s were easy to see and react to so he was challenging that. No one was saying the cassie set up was easy to react to, just that it wasn't "unwinnable" and "unblockable"
I play Kano and Jacqui. I know when OH/Low hits at the same time it's a 2 hit knockdown. Jacqui's nets me 18%. Cassie's setup doesn't hit on the same exact frame, but it isn't Doomsday's "just block it" either. I'm referring to the setup the OP was referring to, that REO spread the word about, that if you take 5 minutes to actually execute you can see why it isn't going to be blocked. Ok it isn't "unblockable", but coming from a Tekken background, it sounds as bad as me telling people to use their available defensive options against my Bryan Fury taunt cancels in the corner. It ain't happening. But you're right, I shouldn't have said "unblockable".

The point was Saucy shutting up everyone and their mother who kept saying it was easy to see and block, and that players needed to play better defense, which was false. Just like some people are saying that this setup can be blocked consistently, posting inaccurate videos of it, saying using your other options, etc etc etc. I'm saying that's false and challenge anyone who downplayed it in any thread to prove they can block it "consistently with practice". You quoted me saying "1/20" and I dong think I'm far off. Maybe that was a bit much, but not a single person is blocking the setup in the corner, while under heavy pressure, not getting hit by anything because they blocked well, more than 3/20 times. No one. At all. Which may not be "unwinnable", but it's the closet thing to it outside of a glitch or broken game mechanic.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I play Kano and Jacqui. I know when OH/Low hits at the same time it's a 2 hit knockdown. Jacqui's nets me 18%. Cassie's setup doesn't hit on the same exact frame, but it isn't Doomsday's "just block it" either. I'm referring to the setup the OP was referring to, that REO spread the word about, that if you take 5 minutes to actually execute you can see why it isn't going to be blocked. Ok it isn't "unblockable", but coming from a Tekken background, it sounds as bad as me telling people to use their available defensive options against my Bryan Fury taunt cancels in the corner. It ain't happening. But you're right, I shouldn't have said "unblockable".

The point was Saucy shutting up everyone and their mother who kept saying it was easy to see and block, and that players needed to play better defense, which was false. Just like some people are saying that this setup can be blocked consistently, posting inaccurate videos of it, saying using your other options, etc etc etc. I'm saying that's false and challenge anyone who downplayed it in any thread to prove they can block it "consistently with practice". You quoted me saying "1/20" and I dong think I'm far off. Maybe that was a bit much, but not a single person is blocking the setup in the corner, while under heavy pressure, not getting hit by anything because they blocked well, more than 3/20 times. No one. At all. Which may not be "unwinnable", but it's the closet thing to it outside of a glitch or broken game mechanic.
Okay, I see your point. I still think it was a knee jerk reaction to this setup, but I can see why people saying it's easy to block would infuriate you. If this was a thread dedicated to blowing up stupidity, I'd have singled them out too. But this is a thread for highlighting salt, which you and fractured shadow showed plenty over with cassie :p

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
The difference between Batgirl and Quan is that Quan is punishable. EX rune into B2 can be backdashed, bat can be armoured through, he doesn't have control from everywhere on the screen and his wakeup is shit.
His wake up might suck, but who else in this game is as difficult to block as Quan?

He doesn't need a wake up lol. All he needs to do is block one thing and then go LOLB2 ex rune guess!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Okay, I see your point. I still think it was a knee jerk reaction to this setup, but I can see why people saying it's easy to block would infuriate you. If this was a thread dedicated to blowing up stupidity, I'd have singled them out too. But this is a thread for highlighting salt, which you and fractured shadow showed plenty over with cassie :p
Haha yea man I think the "just delay your wakeup" and "go to the lab" responses were turning my salt into a factory. I was like "really"? Lol

Week 3 salt I think is going to stay with Kung Jin, and whoever wins Paradise Found (me :D) this weekend.

D

Deleted member 9158

I find it hilarious that people are salty over Quan, considering how shit on he was in mk9

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Kids abandon their characters if they can't just mindlessly flowchart them, dat actually having to think about footsies turns em off I guess.....

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Both console are powerful it has nothing to do with being multiplat. Now you just damage controling no w. Neatherrealm sucks at making game run good online