What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I think it would overly complicate things for the online infrastructure if you could opt to rematch after a ranked match and make it switch over to a player match. Ranked matches have always been like this and will probably continue to remain that way because that's how they function.
Its not that complicated. It wouldnt change the function of ranked match or player match, nor change the infrastructure of either. It would just be a more seamless way to transition between the two. Anyway its a moot point since it wont happen

E

Eldriken

Its not that complicated. It wouldnt change the function of ranked match or player match, nor change the infrastructure of either. It would just be a more seamless way to transition between the two. Anyway its a moot point since it wont happen
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind it doing that if you wanted to. I just don't foresee it ever happening.

Start a room titled TYM...... DERP..
There's already a TYM room with two whole people.
You are on test your might, a site dedicated to finding matches both offline and online.

What are ya doin dood? Find matches here! There are HUNDREDS of people wanting to get games in!
You're right, but I would also like the luxury of occasionally fighting randoms on matchmaking due to the convenience.

E

Eldriken

There's already a TYM room with two whole people.

You're right, but I would also like the luxury of occasionally fighting randoms on matchmaking due to the convenience.
Join rooms and look for people to challenge or wait for people to challenge you.

i think rooms should be open for everyone this iis important (no region lock) , and ranked games should defenetly be region locked on the opther side

People in ranked games tend to have better connections on my end, so i'd be all for it. Hell some of my best connections have come from games where my opponent was pinged as red. It's weird.

sars

Noob
Online isn't that bad for me so I would def like 2 out of 3 games. I think people are making a bigger deal about online than it is. That's just my opinion though. I don't think it's any worst or better then most games out there.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Online isn't that bad for me so I would def like 2 out of 3 games. I think people are making a bigger deal about online than it is. That's just my opinion though. I don't think it's any worst or better then most games out there.
Have you played other games? I mean it's so much worse. . . it's infinitely worse than KI/Skullgirls/3SOE. It's much worse than SFIV/TTT2/SC5/AKsys and it's still appreciably worse than stuff like UMVC3. The only game that's close is KOFXIII.

Also discussing online options and best of 3 or best of 1 with netcode like this, is basically the same as debating about whether it's pistachio or peanut chunks in the dog turd you're holding.

can anyone explain me how the ranking system leaderboards work? I was ranked top 10 with 380 wins / 11 losses as Takeda in 1vs1 ranked
but I tried to play some other characters in 1vs1 ranked and I lost all my progress, now my win ratio is 17/4 with another character
is this a glitch?

does that mean whenever I use another character my leaderboard ranking gets reseted?

Hades

Noob
Can i complain about the people complaining about online? I live in new zealand and it is so bloody hard to find anyone for games online that doesn't disconnect. In my 184 ranked matches i've had 64 disconnects. For some reason that doesn't count games that dc before the character screen even appears and those count as wins. When i got my 10 win streak for the achievement in ranked it took me at least 30 matches with dc's all counted as wins to get this achievement. Even mk9 connects me to better connections than mk x....

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
This game is lacking a Soul Stealing Sorcerer.

Seriously though, I'm not a fan of the Tbagging douches.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
i only complain about Kitana and especially assassin. Best zoner in the game, zone on the ground even faster then kabal MK9 in air. Has big combos and many opportinities to start them everywhere, and ofc she is pretty safe 90% of time or hard to punish. Thx to QA GGA 16BIT, i think he never tryed to balance his character, why do not have god tier main ?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cyrax is gone.

I could put up with fucking anything if he were still on deck.

"BUT CYRAX WAS EVEN MORE BROKEN OMFG HWPQMZXL."

Aye, he was. He killed scrubs by the hundreds. And if he were here, he'd consume the scrubby with plumes of fire from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

BUT HE FUCKING ISN'T :(.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
It's important that a fighting game have a well-developed and functional netcode. We believe that online play is just as important as offline play.

You should support this petition so that NetherRealm Studios can see that a lot of people DO play fighting games online and that it is very important that it functions as fluidly as possible.

In our opinion, a major game developer such as NetherRealm Studios should have gotten it right. They simply have not.

So we, the Online Warriors respectfully request that NetherRealm Studios does right by its fans, its supporters, the fighting game community, and everyone who spent hard earned money on MKX by changing its netcode to GGPO!

by
Christopher Porter

https://www.change.org/p/netherrealm-studios-change-the-netcode-in-mkx-to-ggpo?recruiter=235424976&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=mob-xs-no_src-custom_msg&fb_ref=Default

Sign Please!!!!!

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Way too late for this. Sorry but its not like changing the kind of tires on a car. You code your netcode into your fighter you code it DEEP. Its less like if you have bad teeth and replace them with dentures that work better and more like if you have nerve damage; you can't replace a nervous system because its tied to everything else that interacts with it. Netcode is like the nervous system .It is highly unlikely they can just swap out the entire system ever. They can only really work to improve upon the stability of what they have now.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Way too late for this. Sorry but its not like changing the kind of tires on a car. You code your netcode into your fighter you code it DEEP. Its less like if you have bad teeth and replace them with dentures that work better and more like if you have nerve damage; you can't replace a nervous system because its tied to everything else that interacts with it. Netcode is like the nervous system .It is highly unlikely they can just swap out the entire system ever. They can only really work to improve upon the stability of what they have now.
Arghhh!!!

Have they ever heard of a game called Killer Instinct!!!!!?

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I just hope since we all know MK11 is coming around, that they just outsource the netcode to people who can make it from here-on out. Netcode is such a big deal for a game's lifespan nowadays, and I really wish NRS did a beta test for it like how Capcom plans to do with SFV.