What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

Lulzlou

Noob
The only legitimate answer I think we have is to not give a shit about these people who pick up Kabal for the sake of only winning. I don't pick up a character because I want to win; I want to have fun, be proud of myself and win.

I'm just going to tune out of streams when I see bums using Kabal, I don't care how theydo. I'm not tuning in to see some pathetic tier-whore win with broken iaFB and NMDc, I don't care. Call me whatever you want but that's broken garbage that I'll discredit anybody for using. I'll keep my integrity and hopefully other players will as well. Keep doing what you do! I don't need Kabal to win.
I am now officially confused with some of the people from TYM.

I only play kabal on psn and I have yet to get any hate for playing kabal. I did once but that was a random guy in ranked.
The only thing I've been getting is respect because of how I play kabal. They play long sets with me and don't complain once. I usually run into low tiers and still, I only get respect. People at tournaments respect me also.

Why does kabal have such an impact on you?

redeyes

Button Masher
Can you imagine how much more there would be had it not been Kabal? Lets say xSmokex vs Maxter or something... I'd say there'd be a lot more.
since when has someone playing a certain character started to effect streams? did i miss out on something or am i dumb? who cares if someone on stream is playing kabal watch streams for MK game play not what character is being played.

REO

Undead
Can you imagine how much more there would be had it not been Kabal? Lets say xSmokex vs Maxter or something... I'd say there'd be a lot more.
Actually Kabal is the most hype character in the game that draws the most drama and ratings. People want to see Kabal players lose. No one would care if it was Sheeva vs Sheeva. But people shit their pants for matches like Kabal vs Scorpion.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Actually Kabal is the most hype character in the game that draws the most drama and ratings. People want to see Kabal players lose. No one would care if it was Sheeva vs Sheeva. But people shit their pants for matches like Kabal vs Scorpion.
You do make a good point there.

Enenra

Go to hell.
You, sir, are my new best friend.

The animosity in this fucking thread is out of control.
Lately this site as a whole is full of animosity.

Everyone is leaving, everyone is either hating on Kabal or defending him to the death, the trolls are in full force, there is just a lot of anger and resentment. Which is silly, this is a video game where presumably everyone is here to level up, relax, and meet new people. I have even seen a mod or two get beaten down enough to make a pop off.

I hope Anaheim will unify us, we obviously can't do it ourselves.

Espio

Kokomo
I think you all just need a big group hug, this community is fabulous but damn the shenanigans are unrivaled lol.

The past few weeks have been hella dramatic.

Time to hit the lab:coffee:.

Is it possible for you to do a single post without accusing someone of being elitist?
You are am elitist.

Mostly I'm calling reo an elitist. But he has a bunch of band wagon broskis who are elitist wannabes. It gets complicated after that, ill make a pie chart or something.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
I am now officially confused with some of the people from TYM.

I only play kabal on psn and I have yet to get any hate for playing kabal. I did once but that was a random guy in ranked.
The only thing I've been getting is respect because of how I play kabal. They play long sets with me and don't complain once. I usually run into low tiers and still, I only get respect. People at tournaments respect me also.

Why does kabal have such an impact on you?
I think he holds back the majority of the cast from actually winning anything. I miss the variety we used to see. No other character has the best pressure and the best zoning... I don't know this debate is stupid.

I enjoy low-tier/mid-tier characters for the sake of being the under-dog...clearly that's not the attitude I'm supposed to have so says the "elitist offline crowd."

Enenra

Go to hell.
I think you all just need a big group hug/kiss, this community is fabulous but damn the shenanigans are unrivaled lol.
There are some people in this kommunity I will not hug.

But I'll hug you, get over here bro.

Off topic: You gotta hand it to REO, he is a champion at arguing. That "touch myself" part was gold.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It's not even that Kabal isn't hype; he isn't #1 by mistake.
It's just gonna suck if the diversity we still see in tournaments nowadays (Like UFGT; Sindel? Sheeva? Subby? Noob? Everybody and their momma got some airtime, which is awesome) ends up being widdled down to nothing but top guys playing the same characters. Will it happen? Very doubtful. But I'm not crazy about the idea of everyone abandoning their chosen warriors to go play Find The Drumstick with Kaptain Krispy. It's cheesy and you know it, but as you said, you don't have to care because you're the Oni Blaze of the Kabal Pyramid by far, and you've earned that right. But for the lot worried that this game's gonna devolve from "Who's the best?" to "Who's the best Kabal?", from either a spectator or competitive standpoint, it can get pretty disheartening/frustrating/WTFish.

That being said, should we ever cross paths in a tournament and you obliterate me, I will hold no qualm should you touch yourself in celebration. Wouldn't know whether to be honored or disturbed, but there would be no qualm.

And so what if I'm elitist, cocky, and touch myself after every win? Get over it.
Hey man you wanna hang out sometime? Maybe split a pizza, catch a flick. I hear Avengers was good. Do you like frozen yogurt?

Enenra

Go to hell.
If I were ever gonna pick up this game again, I would play Kabal. Id be stupid not to. He would give me the best chance to win.
I would use who I like to use. Whatever character I enjoy flushing out most is the one I would go with.

But when I make this decision, I am also choosing to accept that I will have to work to fight Kabals. And when I lose, I will smile and shake their hand. I am not doing it for the character's shoes, but because I have the most fun with that particular playstyle.

Playing to win is obviously also acceptable. Being competitive is good, but I'd rather be competitive with MY character. If you are being competitive to win, that just means you better win.

Lulzlou

Noob
I think he holds back the majority of the cast from actually winning anything. I miss the variety we used to see. No other character has the best pressure and the best zoning... I don't know this debate is stupid.

I enjoy low-tier/mid-tier characters for the sake of being the under-dog...clearly that's not the attitude I'm supposed to have so says the "elitist offline crowd."
Kabal has been like this for awhile and no one has complained this bad until recently.

But isn't that your fault for using those characters? It is you that chose to use low/mid-tier characters, not anyone else. No one is stopping you from choosing better characters. If you enjoy being the under-dog, you need to accept the bullshit that comes with that title.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I know this is the "Kabal crybaby thread", but man, never has a title truly lived up to it's name like this thread has. All I can really do is post a pic that sums up the thread since it's obvious this thread was meant to just complain.

Now, after you fools get your diapers changed, please realize no one has to atone to your opinions. You can cry all you want that Kabal is overpowered, but there's a line between complaining about a character, then complaining about people using that character. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Dark_Rob

Noob
I would use who I like to use. Whatever character I enjoy flushing out most is the one I would go with.

But when I make this decision, I am also choosing to accept that I will have to work to fight Kabals. And when I lose, I will smile and shake their hand. I am not doing it for the character's shoes, but because I have the most fun with that particular playstyle.

Playing to win is obviously also acceptable. Being competitive is good, but I'd rather be competitive with MY character. If you are being competitive to win, that just means you better win.
I still goof around occasionally with the game at VSM or at Rapzilla's house and in those situations I do play whoever I want because it doesnt really matter and nothings on the line. But a tournament is like a gun fight. You dont bring a knife to a gun fight, you bring an AK-47.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
This web site has become d-bag central. I'm sick to death of all the bullshit scrub, noob, learn your character, he needs it bull shit.

Everyone here is an elitist asshole trying to out asshole all the other assholes.

Here's an idea, maybe we should all talk about this sweet game that we all like? This site is casual and competitive. So everyone chill the hell out.

True, but if that's the case then the casual players should stick to playing other casual players since they obviously don't enjoy playing the competitive ones. If you don't like how someone plays, simply don't play them. Last time i checked there was no shortage of players around here.
Are you on XBL? Im pretty sure we played tonight.
NO.

Time to hit the lab:coffee:.
Someone gets it. That's the answer to most of the problems 99.9% of the time.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I still goof around occasionally with the game at VSM or at Rapzilla's house and in those situations I do play whoever I want because it doesnt really matter and nothings on the line. But a tournament is like a gun fight. You dont bring a knife to a gun fight, you bring an AK-47.
I'd bring an M40A5 and camp a mile away and shoot you, is that good enough?

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Heh.
If stating a fact is "crying" then I guess it's just relative to this thread. Continue on with the useless dick-patting though, guys.