What's new

THE OFFICIAL Injustice 2 COMPLAIN/RANT THREAD

Meep8345

Noob
I don't understand why are the top tiers so easy to use its crazy. And why is the zoning actually this easy in this game. This game is really wild overall and its honestly pretty badly balanced.

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
Did adam really needed that much damage? He was top tier in injustice 1, why give him an advancing string and massive damage if he had so many tools already? 51% off 1 bar? With dive kicks, zoning, counter zoning options, preassure, god tier trait, wtf were they thinking?

It would actually make it a bad game instead of a janky good one
Nope. It would be difficult to implement given the control scheme.

THe reason it's necessary is because INjustice doesn't work with movement and block attached to the same input. The arenas are too big and the characters move at a reasonable pace. This makes rushdown more difficult than it should be. It's also why 99% of players turtle because they can gain a massive advantage controlling the tempo o a match with a character like black adam just by holding back.

If you had to stay in place while blocking the game would be a lot better.

It doesn't help that the inputs suck as well. So many moves that I should have successfully blocked have'nt because the inputs stink. Brainiac using his air move and landing on top of you, while standing and blocking or robin's charging sword. Neither of these are unblockable moves, yet each time they fail to block correctly.

Block button isn't the issue, most fighting games don't have block buttons. Having one would shift the focus to high low mixups, which the game isn't focused on.

Zoning isn't that effective, it's just laborious to deal with if you don't have a direct counter

Block button isn't the issue, most fighting games don't have block buttons. Having one would shift the focus to high low mixups, which the game isn't focused on.

Zoning isn't that effective, it's just laborious to deal with if you don't have a direct counter
most fighting games arent injustice

Did adam really needed that much damage? He was top tier in injustice 1, why give him an advancing string and massive damage if he had so many tools already? 51% off 1 bar? With dive kicks, zoning, counter zoning options, preassure, god tier trait, wtf were they thinking?
Dive kick FULL SCREEN HITCONFIRMS SAFE ON BLOCK BABY woo hooo WE MAHVUL NOW

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Forget about zoning, inputs are the biggest issue.

Also why do stages have to have visual obstacles? Do we really need blinding sunlight shining in from the background?

zoning is a major problem.

Spaming moves over and over, constantly walking away such that your opponent cannot get in AND you are blocking simultaneously?

The projectile speed is ridiculous. most zoners have tools to deal with people pressuring. The whole thing is a hot mess. Darkseid is so broken i don't know how else you can save the game without deleting him. That obiusly won't happen, but NRS has created a dreadful environment.

I'm sick of putting in work and losing to stuff that is so basic it shouldn't be this effective. Don't tell me to 'git gud', tell me that this shit is unacceptable. Losing to a fair balanced fight where my opponent prperly engages is fine. Losing to some cheap cunt spamming the abusive projectile of choice while using the laziest shit in the game is not fun and it sure isn't engaging.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
NRS has created a dreadful environment.
Preeeetty much. I won't even try to play Deadshot online because I know 90% of people won't put up with it.

Although (RANT AHEAD), this might be the most interested I've ever been in the "first big patch after EVO" scenario, because if it's this much of a hostile jungle now, I can only imagine what waits on the other side. In NRS's defense, the last patch they gave MKX made it arguably the best it had ever been (unless you mained Lackey Torr), so it isn't unreasonable to hold out hope that things will pan out as time goes on. But with that being said, I am still and will continue to be dumbfounded as to how Brainiac and Swamp Thing were allowed into this game in their current states.
In both cases, even if they were going to end up low tier regardless, the things that make them both appealing enough to put up with the struggle are barely functional. Brainiac's Trait is almost useless, which makes his keepaway/you-have-to-knock-down-the-fortress style design completely self defeating. Why have all these get off me options if either A, you have no way to drum up a life lead to force them in, or B, you're going to get outzoned like no one's business?
And as far as Swamp Thing, whoever designed his Whip attacks needs to find a new line of work. I don't get how you go from Lasher/Shirai Ryu Takeda, where anything that was whip-related was consistent and effective, to ST who has garbage for buttons to begin witb AND has to redirect the whips according to distance AND it doesn't matter because the damn things STILL whiff/don't combo in most cases. Abigail's Garden is literally the Bitch Stewie version of Erron Black's Caltrops; a completely disfigured, cutely colored shell of what the move is supposed to acomplish. Like, it really pisses me off. I WANTED to main Swamp Thing. I was all friggin' set. And then this is what we ended up with.

Darksieds zoning isn't that good. No-one's using Darksied for his zoning at a higher level. It's the minion setups into mixups that are dangerous.

Brainiac isn't a keep away character, he feels like a vortex character like Crimson Viper. He also feels like hot garbage but he is a high technical character so it's not like you can just pick up and play him.

If you mainly rely on a projectile that's high, you're going to get crouch walked down to the point where you can't spam that because you'll get blown up.

The bigger issue is how much meter you build and how easy it is to drag out even if you don't achieve much, there's no reason not to if it's something you can ply. Even robin can be a zoner in the right matchup

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
@Strangeotron - It honestly sounds like you just have no idea what you're talking about or have much understanding of the game (in the nicest way possible). It's also pretty clear that you lack patience. Getting in on zoning isn't difficult, just tedious.
How about uploading a set of yours so people can help you realize what you're doing wrong?

Also, stop using the word spam, that's the word that filthy online randos use that have no idea how to play.

Sasuga

Noob
Forget about zoning, inputs are the biggest issue.

Also why do stages have to have visual obstacles? Do we really need blinding sunlight shining in from the background?
I'm not at all bothered by visual obstables. The problem I have with the backgrounds is that I'm never sure where the corners are. So I just go for midscreen combo's, sometimes accidentaly triggering a stage transition while I much rather have them in the corner.

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
I still can't believe there are specials and combinations in the game, that the frame data says is safe on block, and ONLY COMES OUT ON HIT. I mean whats the point of giving Cyborg mb powerfist being safe for pressure, only to discover that situation to take advantage of it doesn't exist in game? And to rub salt on the wound they dare make it a overhead. Reminds me of Superman's f2,d1,3 overhead on INJ1. I bet he still has it...

EDIT: He does...>_<

@Strangeotron - It honestly sounds like you just have no idea what you're talking about or have much understanding of the game (in the nicest way possible). It's also pretty clear that you lack patience. Getting in on zoning isn't difficult, just tedious.
How about uploading a set of yours so people can help you realize what you're doing wrong?

Also, stop using the word spam, that's the word that filthy online randos use that have no idea how to play.
I do lack patience, you're absolutely right. And that characters in this game can frustrate their opponent by trutling in a fighting game is a sign of poor design imo.

Now you can criticise me for lacking the patience to put up with that and work my way through all the BS to get to my opponenbt. I don't mind. But when you have a game design that fundamentally allows the stupidest stuff to be so powerful you have a problem. This game is predicated on really fast ranged (actual or relative) moves that opponents cannot react to you have a problem. You're not encouraging players to poke or interact, which is the most enteratining aspecct of these kinds of games. You just have a really unfun scenario which is compounded by half the roster being functionally useless.

If i can get SFV to work online, I'm going to ditch this game, even though it's much easier to play. I don't think I can wait for NRS to get off their pedestal and wake up to its many issues and I don't think I can bear to have my CPU melt when running this. I've never seen a game push a system this hard.

Meep8345

Noob
I got done playing ranked and these players are just nutty lol. I fought players that would always mash on hit or if I'm plus. They don't care if you're +2 or +20 they'll still try to poke or mb b3. And they always wakeup doesn't matter if you blew their wakeup 5 times they'll do it again its like they don't know you can just block on wakeup.