What's new

Combo List - Liu Kang The New and Improved Liu Kang Combo Thread

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Dualist combos:

Inputs:
1. b12, dd1, 113, b34, f44, fbf4, f213, db3 (until 1st charge) - 35% + increased damage;
2. 112, dd1, f44, fbf4, db3 (until 1st charge) - 24% + increased damage;
3. 4, dd1, 113, b34, f44, db3 (until 1st charge) - 28% + increased damage;
4. 112, dd1, f213, ex-bf1, 11, f213, fbf4, d2 - 43%;
5. 112, dd1, f213, ex-bf1, f213, fbf4, f213, bf2 - 43%.
Speaking of which, @FOREVER EL1TE do you have a list of the Dualist combos post patch?

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
New combos after f213 -> db2 in the corner for each variation:

Inputs:
1) 112, dd1, f213, db2, d12, fbf4, 112, bf1, db1;
2) 112, ex-dd1, f213, db2, d12, fbf4, bf1;
3) 112, DFC, f213, db2, d12, fbf4, 112, bf1.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
I found these combos about 5 months ago , you do 113 , 4 x iafb then ender, sorry dude . Old combos here :(

Sry man i should have checked first. once again i spammed the thread :(
But thanks for the answer you are awesome. Good luck tonight on esl bro^^

Is liu kang Dragons fire an easy character 2 play that takes no execution I had a conversation with a guy that said liu kang is the easiest character 2 play in the game other then kung jin maybe I'm just bad and don't have the execution for it but I think he's pretty tough 2 play making f213 jail is tough along with instant air fireball combos ?

Is liu kang Dragons fire an easy character 2 play that takes no execution I had a conversation with a guy that said liu kang is the easiest character 2 play in the game other then kung jin maybe I'm just bad and don't have the execution for it but I think he's pretty tough 2 play making f213 jail is tough along with instant air fireball combos ?
Highest execution character in the game in dragons fire, your friend doesn't know Liu kang if he's said that :(

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Salt has cosumed your friend.

Liu Kang was never as difficult as in this game. Flame Fist might be kind of a brain dead variation, but to use full potential of FF with DD1 into FBF4 requires high execution still. Dragon's Fire is definitely one of the hardest things to use that NRS ever created. If you don't practice his stuff on daily basis, you will start dropping FBRC and IAFB after some time on hiatus.

Liu Kang was never as difficult as in this game. Flame Fist might be kind of a brain dead variation, but to use full potential of FF with DD1 into FBF4 requires high execution still. Dragon's Fire is definitely one of the hardest things to use that NRS ever created.
Liu kang is higher execution than kabal if you do tricky mixups, there's literally lots of different mix ups he can potentially do.

Liu Kang was never as difficult as in this game. Flame Fist might be kind of a brain dead variation, but to use full potential of FF with DD1 into FBF4 requires high execution still. Dragon's Fire is definitely one of the hardest things to use that NRS ever created.
Liu kang is higher execution than kabal if you do tricky mixups, there's literally lots of different mix ups he can potentially do.

He's not my friend believe me haha thanks though guys u just had 2 make sure I wasn't crazy btw is there a trick 2 making f213 jail I can do it a bunch but if there's a way 2 make it easier I'd do that instead

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
He's not my friend believe me haha thanks though guys u just had 2 make sure I wasn't crazy btw is there a trick 2 making f213 jail I can do it a bunch but if there's a way 2 make it easier I'd do that instead
There is no easy way with Liu Kang.

He trained with Shaolin monks, his mentor is God of Thunder and his teacher is Bo' Rai Cho. Everything Liu Kang achieved throughout the story is through hard work only. If you want to succeed with Liu Kang, you must invest as much time as he did. Only then will you become worthy of a Mortal Kombat Champion title.

Get inspired, man!

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
So are there any 1 bar midscreen combos for dualist?
No :(

But he has a good setup in midscreen using 1 bar:

1,1,3 ~ B3,4 ~ F4,4 ~ EX reb orb ~ stop red orb ~ RUN ~ S1

If your oponent blocks, you will be plus on block; if your oponent does not block, you will be able to do a combo, and if he tries to do an armor move, it will be break :)

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I think he's easy to pick up. By that I mean no fbrc and no iafb. Just straight up play the character at a basic level and you'd find success with friends and probably online. Doing the stuff that makes him great is probably not gonna work though.

On another note. I've been doing these two combos in dragon fire:
Meterless: 112, frbc 113, u4, iafb x2, f44, bycycle kicks, 11, lowfireball 35%
1 Bar: f44, bycycle kicks, mb, iafb x2, f44 bycycle kicks, 11, lowfireball 41%

Are these smart combos? I can only get 2 iafb atm but I can sometimes hit 3 on the 1 bar combo for 44%

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I have been seriously considering picking up Liu Kang. I can't decide if I am better off with Flame Fists or Dragon's Fire though.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Dragon's Fire. I personally enjoy FF more, but if you commit to it DF is much better.
Awesome, are all the combos in OP still good to go? I was looking up some videos earlier for Liu only to find out some of them don't work/aren't the same anymore since they were made back when the game first came out and he has recieved changes since then, or that's what people in comments were saying lol

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Dragon's Fire. I personally enjoy FF more, but if you commit to it DF is much better.
Awesome, are all the combos in OP still good to go? I was looking up some videos earlier for Liu only to find out some of them don't work/aren't the same anymore since they were made back when the game first came out and he has recieved changes since then, or that's what people in comments were saying lol

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Yup, paulo lost all my respect. Obviously doesnt have a clue about balancing. A Salty xaraka. I moved to cage atm
Seems the witch-hunt was successful. While A list was and is better. I don't understand this community. They started with the Lao witch-hunt yeah in the beginning he was ridiculous but was toned down and became the most honest top tier character character in the game no 50/50 bullshit just +12, a d4 and a grab button. I guess blocking a d4 was to complex for the community to grasp not knowing when doing so his pressure ended. But imo cage is the best in the game and always was (A list) they will start with him soon just wait.