What's new

The Mop Stop Special Edition: Scorpion Ban? Episode Feat: Pig of the Hut, REO, Tom Brady and m2dave

chores

bad at things
Seriously everyone who plays scorp needs to go out to CEO and prove that he is broken, that is the only chance we have at getting EVO to ban Scorpion. People can probably pick him up now and still show how stupid he is at CEO.
i know that in the long run it would be better for the community, but damn that would make CEO suck so bad lol. watching scorpion mirrors is like watching two retarded children playing hungry hungry hippos

Yeah MITDJT I feel you. I mean at the same time though, it's probably more damaging to scorpion's rep to have REO winning with him, by a large margin, and still saying he honestly felt it required little skill or thought to win. The people losing don't even have to say anything if that's the case, if some of the guys winning feel the same way.
I already know ppl are going to get behind him if he says that, that doesn't surprise me one bit, ppl can trust his opinion on something without a doubt. Like I said though, there are a lot of other issues heating up about things in this game that are getting kicked to the side right now, hopefully ppl dnt forget about those because if we really want this game to last as long as it should last, we need to address those without a doubt. Good thing I play a lot of characters, so I won't have an issue picking someone else at evo if he gets banned.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I already know ppl are going to get behind him if he says that, that doesn't surprise me one bit, ppl can trust his opinion on something without a doubt. Like I said though, there are a lot of other issues heating up about things in this game that are getting kicked to the side right now, hopefully ppl dnt forget about those because if we really want this game to last as long as it should last, we need to address those without a doubt. Good thing I play a lot of characters, so I won't have an issue picking someone else at evo if he gets banned.
The thing that sucks the most, is that I really wanted to see you back at EVO with Scorpion, after what happened last year in MK.. Hype

This community will be torn apart by its indecisiveness. We can`t agree on banning Metropolis (which we should). We`re talking about banning characters. Every week a different character is OP. We can`t even settle on a rule for selecting the freaking stage for the first round.

We look like fools.

What happened to my proposal of getting all the top representatives together on a podcast to simply determine all the rules for this game? We need to act fast. Get 10 guys together. Pig, Reo, Brady, 16 Bit, Dizzy, Storms, MIT, Perfect Legend, and whoever else. I`ll host it. Just determine the rules, and the community can fucking deal with it if they don`t agree.

AK Pig Of The Hut
this isn't a bad idea for sure, i'd like to get a podcast like that to happen, but I need to get a mic soon then haha. Me and my bro would be open to talking about IGAU. I'm sure others would as well.

The thing that sucks the most, is that I really wanted to see you back at EVO with Scorpion, after what happened last year in MK.. Hype
good thing I got a bag of characters I can use, but I need to settle on a main. Heck I might even make a poll/ thread and ask ppl who I should main based on my playstyle lol.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
so basically ur saying scorp is 100% fine and a-ok cuz slips tries to play him like a regular injustice char?
To be honest I don't have much of a deal with the character, in all honesty I play with Scorpion and I don't derp, online. It's true I haven't played a REO or PL, I'm in Portugal, and that factor alone can be intimidating, let alone the char in question and the way it can be played. It seems that playing Scorpion like that is shamefull, but I guess if its possible and works why stop right? However I think dat derpness will be figured out and an adjustment needs to be made to j3 I think, a not so strong hitbox or active frames. I don't think he's that broken at all.

So no, I don't think or saying that he's 100% fine. His j3 is too strong because you can jump all around and it's really dificult to AA or A2A, but from that basis to ban him, it goes a long damned way.

The way a character SHOULD be played, is using whatever best tools the character has. Its the fault of the character, not the fault of the player simply using the tools given to him.
I know, but the character has more to it than j2/3 ad infinitum and spamming teleport like mad. That doesn't prove that having a teleport that punishes you for being reckless or playing the way you want to play, zoning from afar and throwing stuff, makes the character broken or even ban worthy. However it proved that his j3, as I said above, is too strong as it is at the moment. I'd rather prefer for j3 to be fixed than his teleport rendered useless or him banned.

I will play the character regarding the fixes given to him, but if you please, don't cry rivers and make the char useless just because his a guest character or/and you don't like him and if it forces you to do some lab work.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Im not a high level player or anything, but I do feel that scorpion should be fixed or banned, everyone can clearly see he wasn't meant to be in this game. Its a shame too because scorpion looks so cool in this game, you could see why everyone would want to play him, but its inevitable that scorpions would clearly dominate this game and it would be scorpion mirror match ups all day. Sure, we could stop crying and learn the match up, but the scorpion player is also leveling up his Game as well. the advantage will always be in scorpions favor.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Wish I could contribute more to this discussion than my three post. I don't have much influence. You guys do however; not everyone will listen, but a few will. With MK9 dead I want this game to flourish. If not well GGA still plays MK.

Pl against the world and slips doesnt know how to play scorpion? Im sure slips is aware of the stupid stuff, maybe he has something even cheaper.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
To be honest I don't have much of a deal with the character, in all honesty I play with Scorpion and I don't derp, online. It's true I haven't played a REO or PL, I'm in Portugal, and that factor alone can be intimidating, let alone the char in question and the way it can be played. It seems that playing Scorpion like that is shamefull, but I guess if its possible and works why stop right? However I think dat derpness will be figured out and an adjustment needs to be made to j3 I think, a not so strong hitbox or active frames. I don't think he's that broken at all.

So no, I don't think or saying that he's 100% fine. His j3 is too strong because you can jump all around and it's really dificult to AA or A2A, but from that basis to ban him, it goes a long damned way.

I know, but the character has more to it than j2/3 ad infinitum and spamming teleport like mad. That doesn't prove that having a teleport that punishes you for being reckless or playing the way you want to play, zoning from afar and throwing stuff, makes the character broken or even ban worthy. However it proved that his j3, as I said above, is too strong as it is at the moment. I'd rather prefer for j3 to be fixed than his teleport rendered useless or him banned.

I will play the character regarding the fixes given to him, but if you please, don't cry rivers and make the char useless just because his a guest character or/and you don't like him and if it forces you to do some lab work.
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT

I have read your statements and you absolutely are not getting it.

The fact that you're listing scorpions other tools he has is a joke, you're missing the boat here. He might have 4000 tools but only needs to use 3-4 w no FG exp and can win. Why use the other tools when 3-4 guarantees a win

Vogue

Noob
I don't want Scorpion ruined at all. The proposed changes of making MB teleport only coming out on hit, both teleports hitting mid again and maybe giving more startup frames on j3 should fix him without making him unplayable.

I want every character to be tournament viable, but as it stands the game becomes a shallow, un-fun, no zoning, no different playstayles, only 1 player can use interactables, game in every match against a scorpion.

its not just that
I know that, but that is what a "majority" of ppl complain about. they say his teleport doesn't belong in a game where there is no block button/ that it is too easy for him to jump around all day and beat you just like that. Besides that, ppl say he controls interactables too well (which I know is true of course)/ makes you have to hold down and guess what he will do the whole fight. Also ppl say he "breaks the mechanics of the game". I'm going to say slips doesn't tele as much, jump as much, or abuse how scorpion controls interactables as much (but knowing slips, i believe he uses all these things since he is just a smart fg player in general, but maybe not to the extent of how REO uses them). GGA Slips, do you mind saying how you play scorpion?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Another great episode to get me through the combo grindhouse.

Bringing up a very important topic. I have not played Online Ranked because I can't make reads on what my opponent will or will not do in just one round - let alone Scorpion players.

My only option against Scorpion's teleport punish bullshit is Flying Grayson - and once my opponent adjusts to that I'm getting speared all day.

Ban this character until they balance him. I'm spending a lot of money to attend EVO. Getting sent to losers because someone has a 5 frame instant overhead into safe cross ups will seal the deal on my decision between KI and Injustice next EVO season.
You forgot the almost instant unlockable flame if you do intend on sitting there to block teleport. It's like Scorpion has a vortex anywhere on screen lol.
Not even Seth from SFIV AE was this bad. At least he had poor health and stun :)