What's new

The MAD Science of Interactables -- (controlling combo carry distance for interactable spacing)

Dude, this video is a MUST SEE for everyone who plays this game. With all the drama going on in this community lately, it`s a much needed breath of fresh air. Also, your notebook pictures are awesome! That`s some old school grind right there!
Thanks a lot for your incredible work, I really hope it makes people start working on finding stuff like this for their characters... I know I will. ¡Muchas gracias, saludos desde Chile!

Vagrant

Noob
Both of you stop immediately. I don't care who started it. If you're going to snipe at each other go do it in another thread.

Wat.... I was tagged in some persons post and I replied...

I do that when people address me in their posts.

You don't like it..... well that sucks mayo... But I'm still gonna respond when people address me.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Wat.... I was tagged in some persons post and I replied...

I do that when people address me in their posts.

You don't like it..... well that sucks mayo... But I'm still gonna respond when people address me.
Yeah he shouldnt have tagged you "calling you out" in this thread anyway. You were right to respond. I just didn`t want to see it go on endlessly. Trying to prevent his response to you, and then yours, and so on...into....OBLIVION.

Art

Grave_Intent
Good Stuff! My question IS what about Power Characters? I've noticed most can combo on a jump-in to grab n' throw (high placed) Interactable for big damage but what about ground placed ones?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Good Stuff! My question IS what about Power Characters? I've noticed most can combo on a jump-in to grab n' throw (high placed) Interactable for big damage but what about ground placed ones?
This theory can be applied to all characters, if not offensively then defensively. Take your character into the lab and experiment with the distances you can take them on different stages from whatever hit confirmable part of your combo you have.

1) confirm you hit them
2) know where you are
3) know where you want them, and you, to be
4) know what combo to do to make that happen

If your character doesn`t have good options for hard knockdowns, or the ability to explode interactables, you still have this as a defensive option. Hit your opponent, realize that your normal BnB will cause them to land near an interactable that they can use against you, so you direct them somewhere else by changing your combo.

Power characters can use it as well. Both offensively and defensively. Green Lantern for example. He has hard knockdowns with his Lift. So ending combos with 223 lift, B13 lift, 2 lift, 22 lift, etc, will effect where he and his opponent are when the knockdown hits. So he should know which way to end his combo based on where he is and where he wants to be.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Holy shit. I just remembered Nikollas was using this shit with CW when we were playing and i was like wtf ?! Good stuff as always and thnx for making a video for this Mayo.

EDIT: Dat sexy music starting at 05:40.

Art

Grave_Intent
This theory can be applied to all characters, if not offensively then defensively. Take your character into the lab and experiment with the distances you can take them on different stages from whatever hit confirmable part of your combo you have.

1) confirm you hit them
2) know where you are
3) know where you want them, and you, to be
4) know what combo to do to make that happen

If your character doesn`t have good options for hard knockdowns, or the ability to explode interactables, you still have this as a defensive option. Hit your opponent, realize that your normal BnB will cause them to land near an interactable that they can use against you, so you direct them somewhere else by changing your combo.

Power characters can use it as well. Both offensively and defensively. Green Lantern for example. He has hard knockdowns with his Lift. So ending combos with 223 lift, B13 lift, 2 lift, 22 lift, etc, will effect where he and his opponent are when the knockdown hits. So he should know which way to end his combo based on where he is and where he wants to be.
The reason I asked is the ground Interactables for Power characters take quite a long time to do start-up frames, and on a hard-knockdown they still may be able to escape (in theory). I was just curious if anyone had some good tech or advice for using them?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
The reason I asked is the ground Interactables for Power characters take quite a long time to do start-up frames, and on a hard-knockdown they still may be able to escape (in theory). I was just curious if anyone had some good tech or advice for using them?
To be honest, I didn't do this video to help power characters use interactables... lol. I think they use them just fine as is.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
To be honest, I didn't do this video to help power characters use interactables... lol. I think they use them just fine as is.
I don't think it comes down to as simple as power characters versus gadget characters, in this case. I play a gadget character - Deathstroke - and he has relatively few ways to carry people, no way to pull them backwards that I know of, and almost all of his combos leave him in a suboptimal state for any interactable follow-ups. His combos out of them aren't great either, due to his middling mobility. People are going to have to explore every individual character to see what their options are for exploiting this, because it's not as simple as power vs. gadget.

Remember when they first showed gameplay for IGAU? They showed batman and the flash being able to slam opponents heads into a car? Has that been taken out of the game because I have no idea how to do it otherwise D:
look at 0:40 seconds.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Remember when they first showed gameplay for IGAU? They showed batman and the flash being able to slam opponents heads into a car? Has that been taken out of the game because I have no idea how to do it otherwise D:
look at 0:40 seconds.
There are some cases where you can do it(Robot on hall of justice, tree on themyscira).

But no you cannot do it on cars.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Cancelling into ground interactables using any ground string is the way to go.
Shazam gets a free Piano reset on Great Room off of his 1, 1, 2 string, and I'm sure other Power characters do as well. (On more than just the Piano..)

Art

Grave_Intent
Yes the math is cool, yes the set-up potential is amazing, BUT... In the heat of battle are you really going to remember all this?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Yes the math is cool, yes the set-up potential is amazing, BUT... In the heat of battle are you really going to remember all this?
I do, and it has totally changed the way I play.

As soon as I confirm that I hit you, I'm able to think about where we are as I'm inputting Back3. From there, it's extremely easy. All you have to know is the carry distance of your different combos, which takes maybe an hour.