What's new

The laziness of the MK community - by Perfect Legend

REO

Undead
It's so sad that Perfect Legend now has to resort to attacking top players in order to legitimize himself. Everyone knew that PL wasn't a threat in this game after his dismal performance at UFGT. PL finally believes he is a good player after playing scorpion but he is no more than a coward. Never before have we seen such a coalition of top players take up arms against this travesty of a character. Yet Carl, 3-time EVO Champion, is the only player advocating Scorpion's remaining tournament legal? After Scorpion is banned, PL will drop out of the limelight and will regress into the lackluster player he has always been and all of you who have been listening to PL can hold that.

great post i agree

btw big fan of ur kabal but not ur scorp

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I agree with GGA Slips thoughts one hundred percent. Bonus points for the Bush example(I was thinking of the same thing earlier today).

Honestly it took me 5 minutes in the lab to come up with something that beats 4/5 options from a jump and only gets beat by MB Teleport. With time the MB teleport could be dealt with too.

The thing is people are afraid to learn this game. They are afraid to learn new footsies, afraid to learn interactables, and afraid to learn Scorpion. This game has a relatively good practice mode(some issues but w/e) and yet people seem allergic to it. Practice mode is there for a reason, time to put your big boy pants on and hit the lab.

Also as much as you want to "Save Injustice" by banning scorpion so some players wont leave, whose to say that the Scorpion mains won't quit as well? Are they less important because they play a character you all deem scrubby. Is it fair to compare the desire to not learn 1 MU to the desire to not learn a BRAND NEW CHARACTER in like 2 weeks(hint: That is 22 MUs to learn as opposed to 1).

This blog was actually concerning...

1. It implies that NO ONE is or has been putting time into breaking Scorpion down, which is false. People are trying to break him down constantly, the problem is that no one has an answer.

2. I have no issue with the speed of Scorpion, I play this game VERY fast and have no speed issues. The issue the MB teleport breaking the mechanics of the game which makes him hard to fight.

3. PL apparently is the ONLY one who understands how to blow this character up. This may actually be true.. The problem is that when REO offered to play him on stream Scorp vs PL's Batman, Superman, and Doomsday it became an issue. This wasn't to discredit PL.. This wasn't about will PL beat REO.. In fact, no one even cared if PL had more wins, it was about PL showing us something on how to deal with it. People didn't care if PL would have lost 20-19 vs REO's Scorpion, we know PL's new main isn't batman/doomsday/superman, we just wanted to see what PL was saying so we can all say "ok, I see what he is talking about now". The disturbing thing is that even PL, the guy who is supposed to REALLY know how to blow up Scorpion, will no fight another pro Scorpion without using Scorpion himself. This alone speaks to the point at hand.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I agree with GGA Slips thoughts one hundred percent. Bonus points for the Bush example(I was thinking of the same thing earlier today).

Honestly it took me 5 minutes in the lab to come up with something that beats 4/5 options from a jump and only gets beat by MB Teleport. With time the MB teleport could be dealt with too.

The thing is people are afraid to learn this game. They are afraid to learn new footsies, afraid to learn interactables, and afraid to learn Scorpion. This game has a relatively good practice mode(some issues but w/e) and yet people seem allergic to it. Practice mode is there for a reason, time to put your big boy pants on and hit the lab.

Also as much as you want to "Save Injustice" by banning scorpion so some players wont leave, whose to say that the Scorpion mains won't quit as well? Are they less important because they play a character you all deem scrubby. Is it fair to compare the desire to not learn 1 MU to the desire to not learn a BRAND NEW CHARACTER in like 2 weeks(hint: That is 22 MUs to learn as opposed to 1).
I think the problem that people have is that he forces you to play a game that isn't what you've been playing. The only thing I really find he has to break the game is teleport not because of it in itself, but how it affects the game, I.e pretty much death combos on some stages.

If teleport didn't cross up or simply wasn't as good a tool for pretty much everything that it is now, this wouldn't be a problem.

Please don't call me a scrub ;_;

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
This blog was actually concerning...

1. It implies that NO ONE is or has been putting time into breaking Scorpion down, which is false. People are trying to break him down constantly, the problem is that no one has an answer.

2. I have no issue with the speed of Scorpion, I play this game VERY fast and have no speed issues. The issue the MB teleport breaking the mechanics of the game which makes him hard to fight.

3. PL apparently is the ONLY one who understands how to blow this character up. This may actually be true.. The problem is that when REO offered to play him on stream Scorp vs PL's Batman, Superman, and Doomsday it became an issue. This wasn't to discredit PL.. This wasn't about will PL beat REO.. In fact, no one even cared if PL had more wins, it was about PL showing us something on how to deal with it. People didn't care if PL would have lost 20-19 vs REO's Scorpion, they just wanted to see what PL was saying so we can all say "ok, I see what he is talking about now". The disturbing thing is that even PL, the guy who is supposed to REALLY know how to blow up Scorpion, will no fight another pro Scorpion without using Scorpion himself. This alone speaks to the point at hand.
Thanks for staying logical about this. Great points, great post, great tournament, great experience

Zoidberg747

He could have at least tagged himself the right way: REO
We might seriously have to enforce a rule on this kind of posting/trolling. You're only going to have others that will want to follow you...

Tim Static
Aren't multi-accounts not allowed anyway?

But I agree with you that others may follow and god help us all when that happens.

Zoidberg747

You have to learn 22 MU's, the people learning the Scorpion MU have to learn a whole new game.
No, they have to learn that MU. Changing the way you play the game does not force you to learn a new game, in fact it should be easier since apparently you dont have to worry about learning interactables, footsies, or anything but stuffing jump ins.

Seriously give me a break, he isn't "gamebreaking" unless your game disk breaks when playing as him.

Zenrot

Noob
No, they have to learn that MU. Changing the way you play the game does not force you to learn a new game, in fact it should be easier since apparently you dont have to worry about learning interactables, footsies, or anything but stuffing jump ins.

Seriously give me a break, he isn't "gamebreaking" unless your game disk breaks when playing as him.
My game disc DOES break when someone picks Scorpion, it sets itself on fire like a buddhist monk.

"Beating Scorpion is easy"

Then go on to whatever stream PL refused to go on and SHOW US. Show us the tech that will beat him, don't just say it with no evidence.

Still won't attack a player I don't know personally but this really fucking pisses me off

People have ulterior motives for getting Scorpion banned and scorpion players DON'T have ulterior fucking motives? Let's be serious, PL is the only fucking scorpion player saying to keep the character legal and he dares to say others have ulterior motives. This is fucking disgusting.

I lost a lot of respect for him. He may be an amazing player, but he's clearly only doing it for the paycheck/recognition. Because anybody that cared about the community and game wouldn't be so blind.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I lost a lot of respect for him. He may be an amazing player, but he's clearly only doing it for the paycheck/recognition. Because anybody that cared about the community and game wouldn't be so blind.
Well... Wouldn't you?

Zenrot

Noob
Well... Wouldn't you?
Not the person you asked but I'm nosy so I'm gonna comment anyway.

I don't think that inherently wanting to win is a bad thing. You cannot EXPECT someone to willingly accept a limitation. However, when that limitation is "being bound by the same laws as everyone else" you lose a lot of credibility.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Wow really? Jeez and this is MKs Representative is like this. Damn.
I guess hes somewhat of a Filipino Champ of NRS