What's new

The Last Son of Krypton -- Superman General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Volt

Noob
So what different mixups are you guys doing after a d+3 knockdown at the end of your combos? Theres the obvious meaty jump in, dash up throw, and f23, 223, 22scoop, etc... Anyone found anything tricky they'd like to share?

MrAvA

Smashing.
So what different mixups are you guys doing after a d+3 knockdown at the end of your combos? Theres the obvious meaty jump in, dash up throw, and f23, 223, 22scoop, etc... Anyone found anything tricky they'd like to share?
I like to cancel my B3 or f3 to a throw or low scoop for a full combo.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

I like to use air ground smash to stuff wakeups and, if they're blocking low, they also get hit. Not to mention if you hit the sweet spot and crossover with it you can d1, MB breath for a good 40 or so percent.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Why is it whenever I watch a Superman on a stream like CDjrs Superman they always end midscreen combos with bf2 or some other random non hard knockdown ender? Is there something I missed out on? Why don't people end their midscreen combos in f2d13. I believe those are the notations, haven't played in a week or so my memories a little rusty. The damage isn't drastically better if at all and they're not ending the round with it. Trying to figure out the logical justification for people not using a hard knockdown ender.

Xstreme

Help me out of this scrub-hole.
Why is it whenever I watch a Superman on a stream like CDjrs Superman they always end midscreen combos with bf2 or some other random non hard knockdown ender? Is there something I missed out on? Why don't people end their midscreen combos in f2d13. I believe those are the notations, haven't played in a week or so my memories a little rusty. The damage isn't drastically better if at all and they're not ending the round with it. Trying to figure out the logical justification for people not using a hard knockdown ender.
If by bf2 you mean bf3 (the superman punch) it's usually used to take the opponent to the corner. I can't remember if f2d13 does that as well so correct me if I'm wrong. If you meant the rising grab attack into air laser then yeah that isn't that good unless you can end the round with it.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
People haven't realized the power of F2D13 as a hard knockdown ender. CDjr plays intuitively and doesn't visit the forums often, so it's likely he just doesn't know about it.

Bf+3 for wall carry
DF+2~DB+1 for damage
F2D13 (provides most +frames) for hard knockdown mix-ups involving high / low / throw / airdash nonsense

That's how i do yo

Solo

Shadow Priest
People haven't realized the power of F2D13 as a hard knockdown ender. CDjr plays intuitively and doesn't visit the forums often, so it's likely he just doesn't know about it.

Bf+3 for wall carry
DF+2~DB+1 for damage
F2D13 (provides most +frames) for hard knockdown mix-ups involving high / low / throw / airdash nonsense

That's how i do yo
I've been doing this for a while now. Although, it was originally wasn't apart of my game play. I saw another Superman player using it and I copied him. I sometimes end my combos like that after Ice Breathe.

If my opponent isn't a good blocker, or doesn't do a wake up, I either air dash into a cross up or grab.

I use bf3 randomly or if I use low scoop as a wake up. I don't care if my opponent is in the corner or not. I'm the Man of Steel.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I've been using b23 as well for the hard knockdown for shits and giggles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Crathen

Death is my business
Am i late to the party or you guys already know that EX dash punch gets 1 hit of armor when the EX kicks in? Just noticed this randomly in the lab

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Am i late to the party or you guys already know that EX dash punch gets 1 hit of armor when the EX kicks in? Just noticed this randomly in the lab
The last two hits of [MB] Flying Punch are overhead too. It catches so many people off-guard.

MashBot

You're over matched.
Can anyone explain why I was able to block during the startup of heat zap? Maybe it was just cuz it was online but here (5:17):
I know i seen this somewhere i was playing a KF last night and blocked maybe 4-5 of her ice things off zap start up(after 5 straight loses she started to play lame) and once the heat zap even came out. do here ice have fireball properties? is it the hit? where other fireballs have bigger hitboxes and hits supes hurt box where the ice hitbox is small enough to where it dont? :eek:

tazzmission

Banned
word going around is at the 2014 hall of fame itll be paul bearer and jake the snake roberts

roberts mentioned his goal was to be in the 2014 royal rumble

i met him at c2e2 looked great and a all around nice guy

ps. meeting scott hall and rikishi in 2 weeks

video

tazzmission

Banned
The dirt sheets should catch you up but youtube that clip it's worth it. Plus it was on Cena which makes it all the more better

eh still dosent change the fact the writters are burying axel when it comes to booking

i mean twice now he wins without a pin or submission?

if they want to really get him over have him win the right way not by a old story line ( hhh losing via w/e) or countout

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Writers actually protected him. He supposedly beat HHH so bad he couldn't even stand up. That makes him look strong. And last week where he won by DQ, that makes him look good as well. It protects everybody, that way HHH/Cena didn't job to him clean but Axel didn't lose either. I hate giving ANY credit to WWE but they are doing well w/him so far. Paul Heyman as his mouthpiece is nothing short of genius, cause by himself, he's another cody rhodes: excellent wrestler, zero personality

tazzmission

Banned
Writers actually protected him. He supposedly beat HHH so bad he couldn't even stand up. That makes him look strong. And last week where he won by DQ, that makes him look good as well. It protects everybody, that way HHH/Cena didn't job to him clean but Axel didn't lose either. I hate giving ANY credit to WWE but they are doing well w/him so far. Paul Heyman as his mouthpiece is nothing short of genius, cause by himself, he's another cody rhodes: excellent wrestler, zero personality

id like to see axel succeed but having him win the way he is isnt doing much really in my eyes its weak execution from a creative point

i think what they should do is start him in the i.c belt division have him win it and have him feud with a returning cm punk or have him face someone like jericho

i mean holy shit dude there packaging him after his grandfather and dad.

at least with rocky maivia they did him right until the fans you know chanted rocky sucks and all wich led to his heel turn and name change

Status
Not open for further replies.