What's new

Combo List - Kano The Kano Combo Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
It's a 1 frame link so the timing is very tight. I can do it about 30% of the time in practice mode, and once ever in an actual match.
That's what I figured. Honestly a decent buff for cutthroat would just be to make that a five frame link

Dukmunky

over the line in my eyes. the damage you get from it is too much.
Well it's doable now. It's just hard as hell. I would argue it's not over the line since doing it mid screen and burning 2 bars only nets you about 50-55% - Quan chi nearly gets there with no bar. With 1 bar Kung Jin and D'vorah can get there. In the corner you can get 75% with three bars but you still need to land another tough link with b312 b312 112 db1ex... And then you have no meter.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
B312 linking into B312 is definitely a link a have a hard time with. I have a really hard time catching with the second B312 in time, I won't even attempt that juggle in match yet still, I just go for 35% with B312,11,11,112xxRib break

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
why not 2 or 3-4. The bug lady's cancels are in that range and arguably has more uses. Sure we get damage, but the huge stuff needs lots of meter and positioning and how often do you hear meter is life in this game.
2 frames is acceptable, 3 frames is pushing it. Anything higher than that though is too far. Of course this is talking in a world where B1 can be confirmed off D1

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
B312 linking into B312 is definitely a link a have a hard time with. I have a really hard time catching with the second B312 in time, I won't even attempt that juggle in match yet still, I just go for 35% with B312,11,11,112xxRib break
I don't know what it is, but the audio cues really helped on that one.

FlappyDaniel

What do you use to cue? I have asked a think 2 times before for tips on making this link and nobody has posted anything. I'm looking for ANY little things you look for animation wise or stuff like sound cues to time with. I've spent a lot of time in training with it and still can't get it consistently. I maybe shouldn't even bother, every decent player I play just blocks low.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
What do you use to cue? I have asked a think 2 times before for tips on making this link and nobody has posted anything. I'm looking for ANY little things you look for animation wise or stuff like sound cues to time with. I've spent a lot of time in training with it and still can't get it consistently. I maybe shouldn't even bother, every decent player I play just blocks low.
I it's all about button presses in related to those head clanks for me. Not right after, but it's sooner than you'd think

Also, B312 3xxdf2 112xxdbf4 does the same 40%

Dukmunky

I it's all about button presses in related to those head clanks for me. Not right after, but it's sooner than you'd think

Also, B312 3xxdf2 112xxdbf4 does the same 40%
I play on stick, so just as that second headbutt hits I start moving my fingers, so the combo comes out just as his head is pulling back. I've noticed it's easy to mess up with the stick and accidentally press 1+3 instead of 31, so try to coach yourself into slowing down after 3 a bit and pressing the buttons deliberately. It just takes a ton of practice. If it is too tough, or you are playing online, you can give up 5% and do 312 32 112 db1EX jip 112 bf3

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I myself use the cue of trying to hit them JUST before their head turns back to face Kano after the B12~DD3EX but it's not consistent. Damn 1 frame links...

FlappyDaniel

I'm talking just the B312 into another B312, scrubby I know but was just wondering if anybody noticed any li'l tricks or whatever. I'll just keep labbing it and get more consistent. I'll try the other combo too, didn't even think you could juggle after normal knife in the corner off of something.

edit: that's good tip for the 1 frame though too, thx.

Dukmunky

I'm talking just the B312 into another B312, scrubby I know but was just wondering if anybody noticed any li'l tricks or whatever. I'll just keep labbing it and get more consistent. I'll try the other combo too, didn't even think you could juggle after normal knife in the corner off of something.

edit: that's good tip for the 1 frame though too, thx.
yeah that head-coming-back-cue is the best advice I can give for b312 b312. You can also make adjustments based on what happens when you miss:

if you have 1 or b1 come out, that means you are inputting b3 a split second too early.
if b312 comes out but you aren't landing 112 either: 1) their body is juggled at or below your knee and you are getting the combo out a little too late and might not be able to combo into 112 or 2) they hit the ground after your second b31, then you are even later and need a bigger adjustment.

FlappyDaniel

my biggest issue is just not catching them with the 112 after the second B312, just nowhere near high enough it looks like. Will keep practicing and adjusting. I kinda put off practicing it for a while since it only gets me 5% more then an easy combo but is a good thing to be able to do.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You'd all be better off subbing the inputs for 2-3% less damage, but 99% more consistency. Especially those who use Cutthroat where the damage is huge.

FlappyDaniel

definitely what I do in match, it's more important to get the ender for the followup then get blown up because somebody falls out.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I am using the B312, 32, 11, 112xxRib Strike.

It's 38%, meterless, universal, and is not to hard to pull off online. If you are deep in the mud, just ditch the 11 and end the combo with 112xxRib Strike and it does (I think) 35% with all the perks. Just my .02

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I am using the B312, 32, 11, 112xxRib Strike.

It's 38%, meterless, universal, and is not to hard to pull off online. If you are deep in the mud, just ditch the 11 and end the combo with 112xxRib Strike and it does (I think) 35% with all the perks. Just my .02
Props for getting that online. I can't.

I do b312, 32, rib breaker for 30% for ease

If memory serves me right 32, 112, rib breaker ender was 37%. That's why I quit practicing the 11 since its 1% extra.

So what about few updates. Midscreen upball makes 2 hits instead of 1 of straight (if connected right, timing isn't strict), so it makes ~1% damage more.

CT

Midscreen no meter

- F212, F212, Run, 112 xx DB2 - 31%

Midscreen 1 bar

- 112 xx DB1EX, F212, Run, 112 xx DB2 - 38%

Corner no meter

- F212, B312, B121 xx BF3 - 34%

Corner 1 bar

- 112 xx DB1EX, NJP, JI4, B121 xx BF3 - 38%
- F212, B312, 32 xx DB1EX, NJP, 112 xx BF3 - 41%

Last edited:
Not sure if I have seen these on here. Came up with them on my own in the lab, but always possible someone else did it before:

Cybernetic

One Meter Corner

112xxdb1, b312, 32, b13(2+4)EX, NJ1, FJ1, 32xxbf3 (41%)

112xxdb1, b312, 32, b13(2+4)EX, NJ1, FJ1, 112xxbf3 (42%)

I found the second one easier. Both depend on getting the 32 out quickly after the b312 juggle. If not, the b13 misses or the kanoball at the end whiffs. The second one is my bnb and is very reliable, even online. First one not so much. Highest one bar percentage I can do.

Edit:

112xxdb1, b312, 32, b13(2+4)EX, NJ1, FJ1, b13(1+3) (41%) is a very nice restand. Makes for a nice 50/50 with throw or another b312 starter, etc.

Last edited:
Not sure if I have seen these on here. Came up with them on my own in the lab, but always possible someone else did it before:

Cybernetic

One Meter Corner

112xxdb1, b312, 32, b13(2+4)EX, NJ1, FJ1, 32xxbf3 (41%)

112xxdb1, b312, 32, b13(2+4)EX, NJ1, FJ1, 112xxbf3 (42%)

I found the second one easier. Both depend on getting the 32 out quickly after the b312 juggle. If not, the b13 misses or the kanoball at the end whiffs. The second one is my bnb and is very reliable, even online. First one not so much. Highest one bar percentage I can do.

Edit:

112xxdb1, b312, 32, b13(2+4)EX, NJ1, FJ1, b13(1+3) (41%) is a very nice restand. Makes for a nice 50/50 with throw or another b312 starter, etc.
I use 112 xx DB1, b312, b1,b1,b1,b132+4EX, NJ1, b1,112 xx DB2 - 43%

Last edited:
I use 112 xx DB1, b312, b1,b1,b1,b132+4EX, NJ1, b1,112 xx DB2 - 43%
I wish I could be consistent with all those b1s. Have seen that combo listed and a couple others like it, just can't get the timing right. Have seen anti air start that way too, I just haven't got it down. The 42% I listed is the highest I can pull off and I can do it fairly easily now 9 out of 10 times. Sometimes the final 112 is under the opponent so well it seems like I could have stuck another 11 in there or something. Will work with the b1s. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.