What's new

The Great Experiment!

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
nice idea. though it may not truly represent the tiers. i still like to see the results of character usage

NLBC Top 8:

1. CDjr - Superman/Cyborg/Black Adam 7 points
2. ChrisG - Green Arrow/Black Adam 6 points
3. EMP Dragon God - Black Adam 5 points
4. BIFU Insaynne - Flash 4 points
5. FieryIce - Green Lantern 3 points
6. Flux - Killer Frost 2 points
7. Mojo - ??? 1 points
8. Johnny Topside - ??? 0.5 points

Note: If anyone could tell me what characters Johnny Topside/Mojo played I'd appreciate it. I didn't see them play on stream and their characters weren't posted on challonge

Dann

Noob
I think this is an awesome concept man. keep it up. I admire your dedication and its obvious you spent a good amount of time on this. I find that the top Ten spots are pretty accurate in what I believe to be the best characters in the game as of now . all with the exception of killer frost. it will be really interesting to see which characters move up and down. Don't listen to the haters this is a pretty awesome thread

WNF Top 8

1. RDK Tyrant - Grundy/Green Lantern/superman 7 points
  2. RDK Godspeed - Black Adam/Aquaman 6 points
  3. Aris - Deathstroke 5 points
  4. xblades - Nightwing 4 points
  5. EGP Krazie - Catwoman 3 points
  6. EGP WonderChef - Nightwing/Green Lantern/Wonder Woman 2 points
  7. EGP Solid - Nightwing/catwoman 1 points
  8. P Gorath - Ares .5 points
dem yoga pants - 100 points:joker:(watch the vod)

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I like this thing, it's based on statistics and is basically impossible to argue with. I expect to see a rise in Flash stock fairly soon. Maybe Lobo stock although I can't tell if he's good at just a scrub/casual level or if he's good at a tourney level as well.

This thread is awesome.

Also fascinating to see those last 2 tournament results - aquaman dropping off already (small sample size I know), and a Grundy for the winner of one.

Can I clarify - does every character used get 0.5 points regardless of placing? Because I have seen Harley, Bane and Shazam used in tournament footage. Also, a tournament on the front page of TYM (Toryuken 2) had a lex player in the top 8.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
WNF Top 8

1. RDK Tyrant - Grundy/Green Lantern/superman 7 points
  2. RDK Godspeed - Black Adam/Aquaman 6 points
  3. Aris - Deathstroke 5 points
  4. xblades - Nightwing 4 points
  5. EGP Krazie - Catwoman 3 points
  6. EGP WonderChef - Nightwing/Green Lantern/Wonder Woman 2 points
  7. EGP Solid - Nightwing/catwoman 1 points
  8. P Gorath - Ares .5 points
dem yoga pants - 100 points:joker:(watch the vod)
5 and 6 are the same placing (5th) as are 7 and 8 (7th) so they should be worth the same # of points

This thread is awesome.

Also fascinating to see those last 2 tournament results - aquaman dropping off already (small sample size I know), and a Grundy for the winner of one.

Can I clarify - does every character used get 0.5 points regardless of placing? Because I have seen Harley, Bane and Shazam used in tournament footage. Also, a tournament on the front page of TYM (Toryuken 2) had a lex player in the top 8.
Every character gets the same points for what place they take. So a first player that uses Superman/Flash both Supes and Flash get 7 points. If I didn't catch the other characters used by a player then I can only give points for the characters I saw them use. That's why its really important for me to know all the characters used by the Top 8 players.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
That makes no sense, especially in light of you giving multiple characters the same person uses full points. Like at the last WNF you had tyrant using Grundy/GL/Superman - so you gave all 3 characters 7 points each, even though GL was used for all of one round (a loss) and Grundy just for two matches (a win and a loss) and Superman the entirety of the rest of the tournament? So GL gets 7 points for losing a match while Wonder Woman places 5th and gets 2 points instead of 3 because Wonder Chef is lower on the alphabet than Krayzie?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
My only issue is.. If it is about the "characters" then it should only account for character used to win.. Not a combo? I understand that in areas multiple characters are used.. But let's make an example: say Pro 1 uses Superman, Batman, Lex Luthor... Pro 1 wins 1st with that line-up..What if Lex was the only chatacter that Pro 1 lost with.. And Supes had to come in to clean up and do all the heavy lifting and brought home the victory.. Is Lex worthy of getting max points just because his player Pro 1 used him?

I think the theory of this chart gets jaded by player skill.. And that is not all together a good thing with the outcome you want.... Character worth, not player worth.

But it is only my opinion.. I salute you for your effort and hope you keep it up.

My only issue is.. If it is about the "characters" then it should only account for character used to win.. Not a combo? I understand that in areas multiple characters are used.. But let's make an example: say Pro 1 uses Superman, Batman, Lex Luthor... Pro 1 wins 1st with that line-up..What if Lex was the only chatacter that Pro 1 lost with.. And Supes had to come in to clean up and do all the heavy lifting and brought home the victory.. Is Lex worthy of getting max points just because his player Pro 1 used him?

I think the theory of this chart gets jaded by player skill.. And that is not all together a good thing with the outcome you want.... Character worth, not player worth.

But it is only my opinion.. I salute you for your effort and hope you keep it up.
In the case of multiple characters being used by a player. I kind of use a Wrestling rule for that. say your 135lb and 150lb wrestler lose but the rest of your team wins. The team as a whole gets credit for first place regardless of those two guys losing.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
In the case of multiple characters being used by a player. I kind of use a Wrestling rule for that. say your 135lb and 150lb wrestler lose but the rest of your team wins. The team as a whole gets credit for first place regardless of those two guys losing.
I can see that.. But this isn't a team game.. With the wrestling rule.. You are not taking into account individual performances but lumping them together as a team.
Now lets look at the wrestling rule:
Sure the team as a whole gets credit.. But when broken down wrestler per wrestler per weight division... Your 135 and 150 would not be positive since they are the only two that lost.

If anything..perhaps a hockey +\- scale would be more beneficial for scoring?

Edit: so with my previous example... Supes did a majority of lifting and scored the victory.. +/max points... Batman won only 1 match- +/ some points awarded... Lex got beat- -/ loss of points or just no points at all... Make sense?

I can see that.. But this isn't a team game.. With the wrestling rule.. You are not taking into account individual performances but lumping them together as a team.
Now lets look at the wrestling rule:
Sure the team as a whole gets credit.. But when broken down wrestler per wrestler per weight division... Your 135 and 150 would not be positive since they are the only two that lost.

If anything..perhaps a hockey +\- scale would be more beneficial for scoring?
I'm not familiar with Hockey rules at all, but this is the first time ive tried anything like this. If I have to change anything to improve the point system itll have to be done after I reset the points after Evo. Im open to suggestions

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I'm not familiar with Hockey rules at all, but this is the first time ive tried anything like this. If I have to change anything to improve the point system itll have to be done after I reset the points after Evo. Im open to suggestions
Hockey +/- system....if a player is on the ice during a goal scored by his team.. He gets a +, of a player is on the ice during a goal scored by other team.. He gets a -..... At the end it all balanced out.. And technically speaking.. The better your +\- at the end of the year, the better you played.. But again.. Kind of faulty seeing as it is an individual ranking system for a team.. Since this is an individual game.. Perhaps player used majority of the time by placing players get the credit? It's a tough call man..

Hockey +/- system....if a player is on the ice during a goal scored by his team.. He gets a +, of a player is on the ice during a goal scored by other team.. He gets a -..... At the end it all balanced out.. And technically speaking.. The better your +\- at the end of the year, the better you played.. But again.. Kind of faulty seeing as it is an individual ranking system for a team.. Since this is an individual game.. Perhaps player used majority of the time by placing players get the credit? It's a tough call man..
I like that they get full points because some characters are just good for counter picking. Even if they only get played once they played a part in getting top 8. Thats just the way I feel about it.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I like that they get full points because some characters are just good for counter picking. Even if they only get played once they played a part in getting top 8. Thats just the way I feel about it.
I get that man.. I do.. I just feel you are sabotaging your own system with player interference than the stats of "what character won". That's all.. I want this to succeed.. Will be interesting to see how it stacks up against tier lists.

I agree a + for winning and a - for losing is probably the best way to measure a character. However, how the hell will you get all that? I think you're on a pretty good approximation (for the regularly played characters).

On the Edge 3 Top 8​
  1. KN CD - Doomsday/superman 7 points
  2. EMP Reo - Black Adam/Nightwing/Superman/Grundy 6 points
  3. VSM/OBS/EMP Maxter - Aquaman/catwoman 5 points
  4. Rico Suave - Black Adam 4 points
  5. VSM Rapzilla - Batman 3 points
  6. Classy Sasquatch - Superman 2 points
  7. VSM Claude Von Stroke - Killer Frost 1 points
  8. VSM Scoot Magee - Green Arrow .5 points
Salt Fest top 3
1. Konqrr (Killer Frost)
2. 801 Strider (Batman, Superman)
3. ll Nooby ll (Grundy, Aquaman)
4. Big D (not the guy from Florida) (Doomsday)
5. Jebailey (Batman)
6. The Ultimate (Grundy)
7. Johnny Park (Flash)
8. Justin Wong (Batman)

Vindication Top 8 *correction made*
thanks to Flawedzilla

1. RDK Godspeed - Black Adam/Aquaman +7
2. DJT - Green Lantern +6
3. RDK Tyrant - Superman +5
4. Flawedzilla - Aquaman/Nightwing +4
5. Kaotic Colonel - Doomsday + 3
6.Morty - Nightwing +2