Grandmaster/Cyromancer Sub Zero
Sonya Blade
D'Vorah
Heavy Weapons Jax
Outlaw Erron Black
Updated list.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
You should teach fred grandmaster subzero. The number #1 auto pilot character in the game and the number 1 easiest character to pick up for casual players.

Last edited:

Ra Helios

Quan chi is a easiest character. He is too 5 easiest characters to pick up and win with. Rm Empyrean pick the character up 3 weeks ago. His first week he was playing like a high level quan chi player. Almost unblockable vortex for days.

Im in arguing mood. So lets get it

Ra Helios

@Peckapowa you talk a lot about how quan is a seemingly easy character to use and should be winning everything using unblockables and such. Why don't we mirror this Sunday on @Pig Of The Hut stream? Because I have moderate success using quan without the unblockables. So if you use them surely you can beat me quite easily. I'd like to prove that solid fundamentals spacing and game knowledge trump gimmicks

Level up

A jump kick to the face in this game is + on block.

I mean, I love this game, and there's definitely skill involved to be good and win tournaments.... But figuring out the most braindead strategy is an excercise in splitting hairs.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Quan chi is a easiest character. He is too 5 easiest characters to pick up and win with. Rm Empyrean pick the character up 3 weeks ago. His first week he was playing like a high level quan chi player. Almost unblockable vortex for days.

Im in arguing mood. So lets get it
Quan Chi is a noob destroyer. You can pick him up and hard-to-blockable against noobs for days online, but when it comes to real competition thats when Quan is forced to play footsies and work (most of the time) for his wins.

Ra Helios

Quan Chi is a noob destroyer. You can pick him up and hard-to-blockable against noobs for days online, but when it comes to real competition thats when Quan is forced to play footsies and work (most of the time) for his wins.
Its the player. Once you get quan chi started its hard to stop him. He always will have meter, and his 50/50 is very strong, and its safe. Like I said quan will always have meter. Yes the only flaw about him is the wake up suck, but if you try to make no mistake he is amazing.

Last edited:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Its the player. Once you get quan chi started its hard to stop him. He always will have meter, and his 50/50 is very strong, and its safe. Like I said quan will always have meter. Yes the only flaw about him is the wake up suck, but if you try to make no mistake he is amazing.
He is a very, very good character with a very, very defined weakness. It's all good.

On an actual serious note, it's part of how I learn any character to figure out what their Fred strategy first. That is, knowing as little as I possibly can, how can I be the most with this character?

For Kotal Kahn it was
1. D1, command grab /F1b2 mixup
2. Approach by run into jump (run prevents spacing to tripguard) because j1 is stupid good
3. Profit.

For CO Sonya it was
1. End combo with EX arc kick, put them in the corner
2. b14/b33 ~ Military Stance
3. Profit.

In a way, it kinda let's you "distill" a character down into their basics, and you build from there. I've found starting to learn a character by going after anything but a Fred Strategy turns out to my detriment.

And when you think of it, what's the first thing we teach our friends who are trying to get into Mortal Kombat X if they've never played a fighting game? You teach them a Fred Strategy. You want them to instantly start having fun, even if they aren't necessarily playing super good. You just want to show them the satisfaction of getting alot of mileage out of figuring out how to do dumb-but-effective stuff.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
We're playing MKX. Fred can pick up 95% of the cast with ease and still have success because this game requires almost no execution, teaches you that mindlessly jumping is okay, and allows you to mash buttons on negative frames rendering counter-poking almost non-existent.

*Whispering voice* But don't tell Fred I told you this, because a lot of people here are in denial that the series we love has become frustratingly casual :DOGE