What's new

The Fall Classic Results!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Sorry I don't keep records and data of the viewership for the past 6 years. But I have notice that the viewership has decline at a rate for this game compared to the past games. Not only for just streamers but tournaments. This is going off how new this game is and comparing it to the numbers of other fighting games that are streaming.

This is the first time I said something about this and its me complaining?
How do you know it's a decline if you don't know how many people watched last year? What if more people actually watched TFC this year? You'd have no way of knowing, so you just repeat someone else's talking point.

You say you've been watching for 6 years.. But apparently you don't remember that less than two years ago, when we had random people streaming event pools, we were getting like 3-500 viewers in pools for major events. How many viewers did we have in pools for SCR on the EGP stream? Summer Jam on the KN stream? People were lulled into a false sense of pride by having the Top 8 on TeamSpooky or LevelupLive where there were thousands of viewers who mainly play other games.

This year we are building *our* community. NRS streaming has resulted in higher numbers of viewers for pools than we've ever had. FunkyP wasn't notching 3-4k viewers to watch MKX pools for Final Round. The Top 8' numbers are going to be lower because it's just our fanbase, but this means that everyone tuning in to the NRS streams actually cares about and is there to see our games.

This is something we can build that will actually last us well into the future, but everyone is so busy whining and repeating incorrect tropes about viewer numbers that they're completely missing the opportunity.

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
How do you know it's a decline if you don't know how many people watched last year? What if more people actually watched TFC this year? You'd have no way of knowing, so you just repeat someone else's talking point.

You say you've been watching for 6 years.. But apparently you don't remember that less than two years ago, when we had random people streaming event pools, we were getting like 3-500 viewers in pools for major events. How many viewers did we have in pools for SCR on the EGP stream? Summer Jam on the KN stream? People were lulled into a false sense of pride by having the Top 8 on TeamSpooky or LevelupLive where there were thousands of viewers who mainly play other games.

This year we are building *our* community. NRS streaming has resulted in higher numbers of viewers for pools than we've ever had. FunkyP wasn't notching 3-4k viewers to watch MKX pools for Final Round. The Top 8' numbers are going to be lower because it's just our fanbase, but this means that everyone tuning in to the NRS streams actually cares about and is there to see our games.

This is something we can build that will actually last us well into the future, but everyone is so busy whining and repeating incorrect tropes about viewer numbers that they're completely missing the opportunity.

Do you know how many viewers we had with all the examples you posted from 6 years ago till now?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Do you know how many viewers we had with all the examples you posted from 6 years ago till now?
Yes -- I know the general range, and the numbers we were pulling for pools weren't even close to what NRS brought in this year. We went from hundreds-1.2 k on a good day, to multiple thousands of viewers this year.

Again, the only times Top 8 streams were higher is when they were Spooky's viewers or Valle's viewers, not ours. A bunch of people spamming "When's Mahvel" and "ResidentSleeper" but watching anyway because it happened to be on the main stream. No actual NRS-community streamer was pulling numbers to compete with the bigger FGC streamers.

Half the time people didn't even know which stream pools were on, or what time it would actually start. This year has been a major improvement.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I have no agenda or anything. I was merely pointing something out. I expected it to have more viewers than it did, which is why I was surprised at the lack of them.

I wasn't complaining about anything. I just made a statement.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Yes -- I know the general range, and the numbers we were pulling for pools weren't even close to what NRS brought in this year. We went from hundreds-1.2 k on a good day, to multiple thousands of viewers this year.

Again, the only times Top 8 streams were higher is when they were Spooky's viewers or Valle's viewers, not ours. A bunch of people spamming "When's Mahvel" and "ResidentSleeper" but watching anyway because it happened to be on the main stream. No actual NRS-community streamer was pulling numbers to compete with the bigger FGC streamers.

Half the time people didn't even know which stream pools were on, or what time it would actually start. This year has been a major improvement.
Since you know the number I would like you to compare the number of the past years till now to see how we have grown and decline.

Also if anyone is going to express concerns or criticisms to other games in the FGC, are you going to come at them with "How are you going to grow the scene" as well?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I have no agenda or anything. I was merely pointing something out. I expected it to have more viewers than it did, which is why I was surprised at the lack of them.

I wasn't complaining about anything. I just made a statement.
Yeah, but please answer the question -- I was asking honestly.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
alright guess i have to be the one with the balls to break it to In-denial Shadow

inj 2 is boring and trash to watch not only in general but even for nrs players . just make it 50/50 fest games again so they can hold the attention span of the people who u guise just love to brag about buying these games in the first place lul then maybe sales numbers will reflect .00001% of the viewership finally so gdlk

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I think tournament overload is a major factor too. When there'd be one regional or major every couple of months we'd be waiting in anticipation no matter what NRS game was hot at the moment.

These days I miss at least three tournaments for every one that I do catch and half the time it's because they're overlapping lol. It's ridiculous.

And honestly, if there are ones that we should be watching over others I can't say this website's been nearly as reliable at promoting that fact as they used to be either.

EDIT: Case in point lol:

So...who won?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I think tournament overload is a major factor too. When there'd be one regional or major every couple of months we'd be waiting in anticipation no matter what NRS game was hot at the moment.

These days I miss at least three tournaments for every one that I do catch and half the time it's because they're overlapping lol. It's ridiculous.

And honestly, if there are ones that we should be watching over others I can't say this website's been nearly as reliable at promoting that fact as they used to be either.

Well shit, I just got into this FGC but i do believe this is a very valid point. I was watching some random tournament that got uploaded to Youtube recently where PG Punk won as Black Adam. Now and this happened yesterday this past weekend i believed. and im pretty sure its not The Fall Classic

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...

I think you're right. Everyone is kinda burnt out from the pace of ips. School started back up, football is back... I wouldn't be surprised if active players/viewers took a dip every September.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It be better if the focus was more on less tourneys and bigger pots. That way, people would have more time to practice in between constant updates and new characters that keep rolling in.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I do think overload is becoming a factor. There are SO MANY tournaments for so many games right now, and MvCI released 8minutes ago and has already had 13 tournaments, four Evo's, a Community, some drama, and additional shiny bits.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Ya um. Agenda? Look at the character forums, they are dead. That's a fact not opinion or agenda.
Yet pools for this year have higher viewership than we've ever had.

My point about the character forums was, if you want them to be more active, contribute to them. 70% of the people complaining either aren't contributing much to their own forums, or thought it was cool to take their knowledge to PM/Discord, watched the PMs/Discords die, and then come back to TYM to complain about how the character forums are dead. Makes no sense.

I don't mean this toward you, specifically -- but it's true for a lot of the people complaining; they won't mobilize themselves to actually help with any of the issues they name.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I'll give you an example -- people were complaining about EVO attendance. I registered for EVO even though I couldn't physically go due to work. That means my money went towards the pot/tournament and entrant numbers. That was my way to help.

If I'd kept my money and just complained about registrant numbers after the fact, what good would that have done towards helping the community? Absolutely none. This is the point I'm trying to make.

Every time someone is about to complain, there's probably something they could do to help instead if they're willing to look for it.

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I'll give you an example -- people were complaining about EVO attendance. I registered for EVO even though I knew I couldn't physically go due to work. That means my money went towards the pot/tournament and emtrant numbers. That was my way to help.

If I'd kept my money and just complained about registrant numbers after the fact, what good would that have done towards helping the community? Absolutely none. This is the point I'm trying to make.

Every time someone is about to complain, there's probably something they could do to help instead if they're willing to look for it.
I feel you 100% and that's pretty fuckin' awesome of you.

THIS right here is a good way to start the discussion what can we do to build the scene. In ANY scene you involve yourself in, support is a major key. That's what a lot of ppl do not realize. It doesn't have to be money, it could simply just be time, or showing up to events (which I plan on doing and turning up lol), or even making it known that tournaments are coming up. I have no idea when tournaments are happening or even know where to look, but it would be hella nice to see somebody post about them now n then.

I believe all Crimson is saying is SUPPORT the scene. And from the sounds of it, this whole complaining and not doing nothing about shit has been on the rise. So lets nip this shit now, and from HERE ON OUT, do our part to make this great like we all want it to be.

Whoop there it is!

E

Eldriken

Yeah, but please answer the question -- I was asking honestly.
I have no idea. I wasn't comparing it to last year's numbers for TFC. I was stating the numbers were low compared to what I was used to seeing based off of other tournaments.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Honestly people probably just didn't realize this was going on. With these recent tournaments, I saw articles on tym and even videos on FB about it from NRS. With this tournament, didn't see anything about it really.