What's new

Strategy - Erron Black The Erron Black Gameplan & MU Thread *Updated*

Im So Salty right now Just lost a buttload of games to a scorpion that would do nothing but jump over my head with punch into run cancel pressure nonsense and back to jumping over my head. Any D2 or low profiling failed horribly. I know anti airs suck in this game but I thought I'd ask if anyone has found a reliable way to deal with these type of braindead shenanigans?

Again, so salty.
Yeah after reading this i decided to test a few anti air options and this is the best tool i think for countering jumpin's clean. Also decided to try a sand grenade setup afterwards which i plan to do more of with more practice.

KNX

Noob
The problem with b1 anti-air is that it has to be pre-emptive. You can't beat Scorpion's ji3 on reaction. To be fair though, very few characters can, the idea is to space yourself so you can trip guard or run under without getting touched.

The problem with b1 anti-air is that it has to be pre-emptive. You can't beat Scorpion's ji3 on reaction. To be fair though, very few characters can, the idea is to space yourself so you can trip guard or run under without getting touched.
Yeah i agree that if your spacing isn't perfect you shouldn't even hit a button against his JI3 its not worth it. What i need to do more in the matchup is move in and out of erron's d4 range or challenge his jumpin's sometimes by max distancing erron's 11 jabs to hit him right as he jumps and follow with a 21122 setup. How do you play the matchup KNX? I could use some advice on it tbh.

KNX

Noob
Yeah i agree that if your spacing isn't perfect you shouldn't even hit a button against his JI3 its not worth it. What i need to do more in the matchup is move in and out of erron's d4 range or challenge his jumpin's sometimes by max distancing erron's 11 jabs to hit him right as he jumps and follow with a 21122 setup. How do you play the matchup KNX? I could use some advice on it tbh.
Depends what you're having trouble with in particular, but assuming we're talking Hellfire here and just in general. Obviously spacing yourself so his ji3 wont blow you up or force you to block is key. I don't bother with Sand Grenades in neutral, he can reaction teleport every time. Also be wary when poking with d3 or d4 as he can Flame Aura to counterpoke. You can punish Flame Aura on block with 11 or 211 but it's tight. Respect his ground game because d4 is good and he has the Flame Aura option if it isn't active already. And of course, try to keep mobile since there's always the threat of his unblockable whenever you're at a distance (EX Hellfire can catch you even when running, useful to keep in mind).

Regarding his 214 run cancel blockstring, 2 is a high so be sure to check him a few times with d4 to make sure he doesn't just run in and 214 you for free. If you're forced to block it, his stamina will give you an idea of his next option (either to continue pressure or go for a mixup). The mixup is typically throw or low so guess accordingly. His threatening overhead (f3) is reactable and his faster overhead (b2) will only knock you down. I generally block low or I'll njp if I predict a throw; while f3 is slow, it can also catch you jumping and still lead to a full combo so it's just a case of you making the right read. And finally, a nice option against his pressure midscreen is to purposely eat the last hit of 214. It'll knock you away then you can tech roll safely out of pressure (playing so much Erron and D'Vorah helped me in this scenario), in some situations it's better than eating the chip damage and/or the mixup. If a Scorpion reacts to this they'll hold the fireball and release on your wakeup, it's high though so just neutral duck it. If they read that you're going to take the hit, they can go straight into EX Spear which is safe and will combo. Again, all about making the right read and mixing up your options.

Inferno is a little more straightforward. Any blockstring into low or overhead Minion is pretty gimmicky but I've seen it work in tournaments. EX Sand Toss (Outlaw) or EX Slide to interrupt will cover both options without even needing to react to the overhead or low. You can run past the Minion projectiles if he's throwing them out in neutral. In situations where you have to block the Minions (like on wakeup or no stamina), generally just block low and react to the overhead (definitely harder online but perfectly doable). Eating 9% from just the overhead is straight better than eating a full 30%+ combo from the low Minion... That's just a rule I follow anyway.

Ninjutsu... Haven't really ran into any outside of online so I dunno. I've just heard from Scorp mains it isn't worth using.

At first I was convinced Scorpion won this matchup, but nowadays I'm thinking it's even. I go with Outlaw because EX Sand Toss and njp add a lot to Erron's neutral game. They at least ensure that he can't bully you with d4 on the ground for free.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Could someone give me a general gameplan against tanya? My problem is I find myself chasing her the entire time.
Play the match up as marksmen EB. Full screen db1 (unload) is great. EB walking backwards makes the teleport whiff. It being 3 shots, even if it's pyromancer and she chucks a fireball, it won't reach you and she'll get hit on her way down. i use db4 with some success mid screen as well. I've found that as long as you can show Tanya teleport isn't (as) free, the match is so much easier. For outlaw I imagine making good use of that great NJP goes a long way. The nerf on ex teleport helps soooo much on its own. I still prefer marksmen for the match up though. Seems easier. Try it if you havnt already.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Haha Hell no. Maybe one day when people stop exaggerating how good Erron is we might see some Marksman and Gunslinger buffs.
Gunslinger does well against demolition sonya.
Considering people dont know her potential, him being able to zone her out helps alot.

cambros22

I want to put up a few videos of Gunslinger vs Sonya matches. Which thread should I them in?

Last edited:

cambros22

here is some matches of me and my buddy. Im playing gunslinger and he is Demolition.
There is a swap to different stages in between sets because game desynced.
We both have played each other probably over 1000 times so we know each others tendencies but this is post patch demoltion so I wanted to get her E.B matchup against her on the map for people to see. Feel free to comment and I'll explain what I can about certain situations.

InFlames

dead
Care to explain why?
SOS 4 is a really good counter zoning tool vs Sub. If you see them ice clone from a distance you can SOS 4 on reaction and they have to respect the 2nd shot since it catches slide and iceball. I also think SOS 3 is a good option to have post clone on block when you don't have meter.

cambros22

SOS 4 is a really good counter zoning tool vs Sub. If you see them ice clone from a distance you can SOS 4 on reaction and they have to respect the 2nd shot since it catches slide and iceball. I also think SOS 3 is a good option to have post clone on block when you don't have meter.
subzero punishes SOS 3 on block.

Im So Salty right now Just lost a buttload of games to a scorpion that would do nothing but jump over my head with punch into run cancel pressure nonsense and back to jumping over my head. Any D2 or low profiling failed horribly. I know anti airs suck in this game but I thought I'd ask if anyone has found a reliable way to deal with these type of braindead shenanigans?

Again, so salty.
What can I use to anti air people with erron?
I main Marksman and I always do B2, DB2, RC 21122, Slide. The only problem is the B2 takes a bit before it comes out so you have to do it on reaction as soon as they start jumping. This has worked for me about 75% of the time.

With Outlaw, I do the B211 string and that seems to work as well.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
In the latest parch, Tanya lost her invincibility frames on non ex teleports; sharpen up your read game guys 'cus this bitch is toast!
(She got heavily, imo overly, nerfed)

Be on the lookout for Stealth Erron nerfs too.

lil freshie11

sargentsackslap
can anyone help with the takeda match for marksman? couldn't seem to get in or zone him out because of teleport and it was incredibly frustrating.

HaZed

Noob
Hey guys, really struggling with the kung lao and Kano matchup, Tempest Lao and Cybernetic Kano to be more specific. I play outlaw and I have a hard time getting out of their pressure and in the case of Kano, his knives. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Noob
What are good follow ups, mixups after doing and ex-sand grenade but the opponent blocks it?

My go to is 21122, 11, D4. Wondering if there is anything better?