What's new

Guide The Destroyer of Worlds. Doomsday Guide.

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
Are you using 2,3 ES MB or 3 ES MB. Pretty sure mid screen 2,3 ES MB will not let you hit a B3. 3 ES MB, B3 works
Jump in d3,3,es mb,back3, jump 3, 2,2, venom
It works, I've connected the back3 a few times, but super inconsistent.

BigD

Noob
balrog er doomsday army unite!

Doomsday play a lot like balrog (not sure which version cvs1,st,sf4) if you keep that in mind while playing him it will make the transition easier . And yes I know balrog doesn't have anything like a supernova but how doomsday functions is very similar.

Thanks for all the vids Tony T before, i came to this thread I was 130-2 and I sure this will help me out a lot more!

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
B3, jump in 3, F2,3, Venom. Midscreen 31% meterless. 36% with MB. You have to hit with the jump in 3 at the height of the bounce.

Actually found it you have to time the jump up 3 so that Doomsday is slightly under the opponent in the air and close to the ground and it connects every time. completely viable knowing that.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
GGA Jeremiah, on the Jd3, Ex ES, D2, B3, J3 combo, if you end it with AS it deals 38% dmg.

In general i believe finishing his combos with AS is the best solution cause of the hard knock down which allows more setups imo.

Slavi

Noob
I have 2 combos with Doomsday starting with F3

f3, deep jump 3, d2, from here you can do f2, df3 for 28% or f2, Super for 39%
The timing for Jump 3 and d2 after is somewhat hard. Pretty sure there will be bigger combos than this, but in general i think combos with Jump 3 or the juming d3 splash can lead to more damage.

GGA Jeremiah, on the Jd3, Ex ES, D2, B3, J3 combo, if you end it with AS it deals 38% dmg.

In general i believe finishing his combos with AS is the best solution cause of the hard knock down which allows more setups imo.
I already have it at 38%. It is under the position reverse combos. I put the 37% one in the normal combos because it does not position reverse. I feel that Doomsday has amazing corner pressure, so against most characters I try to push them towards the corner whenever possible.

I added more damage to the non position reverse Doomsday 1 bar of meter Jump d3 combo. It does 1% more damage than the one Metzos came up with. Use this new one if you want to push the opponent towards the corner, or use Metzos' one if you want to position reverse them to the corner. I like using both of these options depending on where I want my opponent. But also use Metzos' one if you want them to be in untechable knockdown for setups.

Jump D3, 3, DF 2, MB, d2, b3, (delayed jump 3) 2,3 DF 2. 39% 1 bar of meter.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I find myself barely ever using his trait anymore. It breaks momentum to activate it and people just run away anyway. Anyone else finding any real reason to use it?

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I find myself barely ever using his trait anymore. It breaks momentum to activate it and people just run away anyway. Anyone else finding any real reason to use it?
use it after you knock them down to prevent thier wake up attempts

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
I like to activate it off his overhead setups so it looks like f2, 3 xx Power

What I like about this is most of the time I'm usually doing f2, 3 is from a shoulder knockdown. If f2, 3 actually connect I can just shoulder charge in while power is active and if they block everything I'm still in their face while power is on so it doesn't matter if the string is a hit or blocked

If you do activate it, 1 dash and you are very close, if they jump away do the upward venom move. Or you can use just regular venom to get in. Remember it is not full combo punishable with gimmick on. Just use 1 dash and that move and you are in. If they jump do upward venom because every move is safe when you are gimmicked.

The last two steps, really. Hitting 'em with low "X" is damned near impossible. I keep being told it's actually not me so mich as the Xbox D-pad. :/

Jip 123 123 d1b2

d1b2 seems to be my windmill.

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Start the second 123 right after you see the 3 hit then do another 123 right after. Turns out recovery after 123 on hit is really good so you can do it right away so the second 123 can pop him up high enough for d1 to hit

The last two steps, really. Hitting 'em with low "X" is damned near impossible. I keep being told it's actually not me so mich as the Xbox D-pad. :/

Jip 123 123 d1b2

d1b2 seems to be my windmill.
If you are having trouble with that one. Try mine, it is a tiny bit easier.

Jip 123, 23d1, DB2.

Azazel

Noob
I start the combo, get to the Earth Stomp section, do it, hit the meter burn, but I get nothing for it. No EX stomp. Just regular. I'm really getting quite pissed off at this. Anyone got any advice?
I was having trouble too. Obviously the MB is slightly delayed but my solution was to be patient and input the DF2 as his 3 animation starts instead of trying to input the 1st 3 attacks in immediate succession.