What's new

General/Other The Deathstroke Problem

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Don't forget to tell people about this site to get them to come in and learn. There will probably be a lot of people playing this game that don't know about TYM. Probably a lot of people that don't know much about competitive fighters.
*Tells randscum noob to go to TYM to level up*

*Gets a wall of txt about how I need a life, am fat, and need to get laid*

I'll pass.....

Don't forget to tell people about this site to get them to come in and learn. There will probably be a lot of people playing this game that don't know about TYM. Probably a lot of people that don't know much about competitive fighters.
I see what you did there...aka"Feed meh moar scrubzz!!!" Nah I'm just teasing.

As most of you are aware, at low standards of play Deathstroke is S+++++++, new players are completely free to use of a single special move, over and over for the entire match.

Now, they all want him nerfed through the ground. We don't want balance decisions even slightly coloured by low level concerns. But we do want new players to enjoy the game enough to put the time in required to become proficient. As it stands they won't, they'll lose over and over to one move and give up.

There is a solution; put information in the online lobbies about how to deal with basic zoning. Have a scroll bar along the bottom or put it in the loading screens.

"To overcome purely projectile based gameplay hold down to block, then dash forward immediately after blocking, repeat until you've closed the distance."

"Black Adam can be used to beat simple keep-away tactics, it's as easy as jumping and divekicking."

Crucially we don't just tell them how to beat DS by working twice as hard as the "spammer" but how to do it using just as little effort and thought.

or... stfu... go into training mode and figure it out. this generation of gamers needs to man up. there are plenty ways around DS your just not using your brain... so you are probably an online warrier

Or you could tell the new players to come to TYM to deal with with zoning. :D

...but yeah, I can see where your coming from though. I honestly would like people to learn to get around it.

When I faced Kano in MK9 before the patch I got beat by his zoning and didn't get around it. Though I didn't say "f*ck, friggin spamming man!". I took it as a lack of matchup experience. If only more new players were like that, Kano wouldn't be what he is today......

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The only "problem" I'm worried about is NRS having another knee-jerk reaction to all the online scrub complaints. The players who cry the loudest are the ones who would gain absolutely no benefit from in-game anti-Deathstroke tutorials. Unless you give them a Kill-Deathstroke button, they won't be satisfied.

Deathstroke is meant to be a zoner, and if they give in and remove his ability to zone efficiently, we'll be left with another trash-tier character. He's already taking some heavy nerfs just before release. Let's hope that's at far as it goes.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Btw the original post here was to help people that will have issues getting around this and may not know what to do -- so PLAYING TO W1N I feel you, but he wasn't crying -- he was offering to help before masses of frustrated people playing online end up getting the character nerfed.

And if this character ends up beating 99% of people that play the game for free, it WILL likely be nerfed regardless of what top/competitive/hardcore players can do against him. So, anyone that doesn't want that to happen should probably be spreading info like he was saying.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
The only "problem" I'm worried about is NRS having another knee-jerk reaction to all the online scrub complaints.
How does anyone even know that they reacted to online scrub complaints? Isn't it more likely that they watched the tournament footage, coupled that with thoughts or ideas they already had, then implemented them? I think NRS deserves more credit than that.

The only "problem" I'm worried about is NRS having another knee-jerk reaction to all the online scrub complaints. The players who cry the loudest are the ones who would gain absolutely no benefit from in-game anti-Deathstroke tutorials. Unless you give them a Kill-Deathstroke button, they won't be satisfied.

Deathstroke is meant to be a zoner, and if they give in and remove his ability to zone efficiently, we'll be left with another trash-tier character. He's already taking some heavy nerfs just before release. Let's hope that's at far as it goes.
agreed. i zone. i play sim. i love making people mad. death stroke is just like sf4 sim. one people get ontop of him, he has a very hard time getting them off. i played perfect legend last night for 2 hrs and he was adapting and finding ways in

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
How does anyone even know that they reacted to online scrub complaints? Isn't it more likely that they watched the tournament footage, coupled that with thoughts or ideas they already had, then implemented them? I think NRS deserves more credit than that.
I guess there's no way to know for sure, but I thought that was the generally-accepted way things went down, seeing as they nerfed him, buffed him, and re-nerfed him, all in accordance with what the online masses were going on about. I'm no NRS employee and this happened ages ago, so I could be totally wrong.

Btw the original post here was to help people that will have issues getting around this and may not know what to do -- so PLAYING TO W1N I feel you, but he wasn't crying -- he was offering to help before masses of frustrated people playing online end up getting the character nerfed.

And if this character ends up beating 99% of people that play the game for free, it WILL likely be nerfed regardless of what top/competitive/hardcore players can do against him. So, anyone that doesn't want that to happen should probably be spreading info like he was saying.
dash... then block... dash... them block... dash then block then your in... go to work

dont jump... you have to be patient and walk your way in. if you jump they will insta air gunshot or meter burn allll the guns (trip guard)

if you trade with a projectile... dash in... do not try to out zone him bc his gunshot is 11 frames... thats fast. just block and walk/dash your way in.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Well, it's not like it's the wrong thing to do -- millions of people will buy this game, and a few hundred of them will be tourney players. So NRS has to make sure the game stays fun for the majority of people that play it; why wouldn't they?

My wishes as a guy who memorizes frame data and learns tech are totally different from the experiences of 99% of people who will play Injustice.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
agreed. i zone. i play sim. i love making people mad. death stroke is just like sf4 sim. one people get ontop of him, he has a very hard time getting them off. i played perfect legend last night for 2 hrs and he was adapting and finding ways in
You've definitely got the best Deathstroke I've seen, and I've watched every stream and youtube vid I could get my hands on. Watching all that other footage really shows off how easily Deathstroke can get blown up if his player doesn't know what he's doing and doesn't play intelligently. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your gameplay on stream!

Cyborg cannot out zone him. if you time a grappling right... it has armor and its a free way to get in without being punished depending on which gun was used.

wow i didn't know you could tag people in posts on TYM now! its been awhile since i have been balls deep in NRS games. good to be back

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I do agree that any knee jerk reaction is bad. Let the game develop for a long time this time, then slight adjustments where necessary. Although, they aparantly have a system built into injustice that makes it really easy for them to make damage and frame adjustments without having to do major patch updates. So now it is more likely that they will continue to watch and pay attention and make adjustments, rather than leaving it behind like some people feel happened to mk. Hopefully the new system works well and the game can stay healthy because of it