What's new

That One SNES Game.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Contra III was stupid hard, but super manly.
Props to whoever said Alien 3 too. That game may have the best video game music I've ever heard.
OH, another one I forgot was Super Turrican. Awesome game.
Contra Hard Corps and Mega Turrican were way better, but then again SNES had Super Turrican 2 which was the best, and certainly had the better Alien 3.

IMHO Super Castlevania 4 is the best Castlevania.

Flagg

Noob
I had a plethora of games on the SNES, tons.

Greatest SNES game? That's a really, REALLY hard question. I played the Hell out of Mario Kart, the first Pro Evo Soccer games, SF II and MK II back in the day. So many great games, Super Probatector (Contra to you guys), Metroid, Super Ghouls n Ghosts, Super Castlevania, Doom, Act Raiser, Cybernator, Syndicate, Sim City, Super Mario All Stars, Zelda Super Mario World......

I think my favourite SNES game was Secret of Mana. I heard great things about Chrono Trigger which I sadly never played, but this was another RPG done by Square and it was simply amazing in every way. I think only FF VII is the only game I would consider greater than SOM

Havatchu

Noob
Contra III was stupid hard, but super manly.

U.N. Squadron is one of my favorite shooters. Super fun. Great progression. Great level design. GREAT music. Great enemy design too. That boss hanging on the upside down rail was DUMB.

Props to whoever said Alien 3 too. That game may have the best video game music I've ever heard.

OH, another one I forgot was Super Turrican. Awesome game.
Super manly is all I need.

I've yet to own a Contra game. I feel like I'm missing out in something good.

Super manly is all I need.

I've yet to own a Contra game. I feel like I'm missing out in something good. But Hell, I have the Metal Sug Anthology, so it's all good. Metal Slug X and Metal Slug 3 are easily the best run 'n gun games I've played yet.
If there is any Contra game you need to play it is Contra 3: Alien Wars.

In my opinion it is by far the best Contra game made. Some of the action sequences in that game are really intense, the 3rd stage with all of the grappling and climbing is awesome, with a constant stream of bosses.

The motor-cycle stage where you end up in the sky hanging onto and jumping between exploding missiles is also very memorable.

It is definitely one of the manliest games ever made.

If you enjoy Castlevania, i highly suggest downloading Harmony of Despair. 2-6 players at once. Plays like a SNES game, but with larger levels like Symphony of the Night. There are some classic chapters like playing through the original Castlevania together. It's really fun. You all should get it. Me and [MENTION=1465]xxteefxx[/MENTION] play it online together very often.
I spoke with Teef tonight about this. I haven't played any of the new chapters that were released beyond Dracula's Castle. I collected most of the rare items before there were any expansions (Wing Boots, Valmanway, etc.).

We need to plan to play this this weekend. I will get in contact with Teef and see if we can set this up.

U.N. Squadron is one of my favorite shooters. Super fun. Great progression. Great level design. GREAT music. Great enemy design too. That boss hanging on the upside down rail was DUMB.
U.N. Squadron feels epic right from the Character Select screen, the music in this game is really good. It's a shame this game wasn't more popular.

I also like the stage progression where you can select the areas, and use the money you have earned for Weapon Upgrades and purchasing new Airplanes.

Every once in a while I can actually make a successful run in this game and am able to purchase the $1,000,000 (All Weapon Upgrade) plane, always good. Usually making it past the Stealth Bomber stage ends up being a good run.

jamessmk

I am your god
Thanks for props guys. And thanks for memories of some classic games.

Classic games = skilled players

Next Generation= lil help please game

Earn it, do it, bitch it

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
U.N. Squadron feels epic right from the Character Select screen, the music in this game is really good. It's a shame this game wasn't more popular.

I also like the stage progression where you can select the areas, and use the money you have earned for Weapon Upgrades and purchasing new Airplanes.

Every once in a while I can actually make a successful run in this game and am able to purchase the $1,000,000 (All Weapon Upgrade) plane, always good. Usually making it past the Stealth Bomber stage ends up being a good run.
lol I obliterated that game. I played it so much that I used the very first jet and earned money allllll the way up to the very last without buying any other. It was mainly because of the upside down boss. The last jet is so broke it can carry twice the payload for all special weapons. 2 mega crushes is just too good hehehe. But your right the Stealth was tight. Homing missiles wouldnt home on it. Cheap cheap jet haha.

The 3 stealth fighters boss was cheap too. Hated those fuckers.

Damn that game was good. I need to go back and play that again.

lol I obliterated that game. I played it so much that I used the very first jet and earned money allllll the way up to the very last without buying any other. It was mainly because of the upside down boss. The last jet is so broke it can carry twice the payload for all special weapons. 2 mega crushes is just too good hehehe. But your right the Stealth was tight. Homing missiles wouldnt home on it. Cheap cheap jet haha.

The 3 stealth fighters boss was cheap too. Hated those fuckers.

Damn that game was good. I need to go back and play that again.
Cluster Shot + Bonus Stage = $$$$$

Could take out all of the turrets in one pass.

Earn it, do it, bitch it
James, what role did you have in game development for these games? You seem to have worked on a lot of games I enjoyed playing in my childhood haha.

As a lot of others have said, Maximum Carnage was an awesome game. Incredibly difficult, i've only ever gotten to Carnage on the rooftops once and he destroyed me.

jamessmk

I am your god
James, what role did you have in game development for these games? You seem to have worked on a lot of games I enjoyed playing in my childhood haha.

As a lot of others have said, Maximum Carnage was an awesome game. Incredibly difficult, i've only ever gotten to Carnage on the rooftops once and he destroyed me.
I worked various aspects from just bug testing, sound and graphic design. Level and character design.

I spoke with Teef tonight about this. I haven't played any of the new chapters that were released beyond Dracula's Castle. I collected most of the rare items before there were any expansions (Wing Boots, Valmanway, etc.).

We need to plan to play this this weekend. I will get in contact with Teef and see if we can set this up.
I hope so man. Thanks for the respect as usual.

Earn it, do it, bitch it
well said.

i sent you a friend request, james. thanks for everything man.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Could be any 16-Bit system of the 90s...yes even the Turbografx can be included. :china:

I personally grew up with the SNES and I swear, Chrono Trigger is one of the most incredible games I've ever played on the system. But if I had to have only one Super Nintendo game for the rest of my life it would be Donkey Kong Country 2. The soundtrack is amazing, the gameplay is fluid, and that cartridge is the key to a vault of childhood memories.

Megaman X2 comes to a close third, but I never owned the game in the original cartridge form.

What's your one game you have to have?

Fun side note: I haven't played the game in over a decade since I sold all my old game stuff to upgrade to a PS2 when they were just coming out along with my NES and N64. I'm getting it for Christmas and it should be here any day now. Needless to say, I'm stoked.

Discuss.
I'm with you: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest is such a good game! And it was my childhood all over it. I still can't decide between that one, Super Mario Kart, and Mortal Kombat 2.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
The only SNES game I ever owned was Super Mario World which came by default with the system, and, hell, I never needed another game! I played that game so much I am still in love with it 20 years later.