What's new

Testers and Early Tournaments

F4tal

Noob
I don't see a problem with the testers
You can't control people having the game early. For all I know everyone had the game early. I personally didn't, but that's just something you can't control because what if they didn't tell anyone?
Okay.. Then why should testers be banned for playing it early and not people who paid extra to get early. It is literally the same thing. I blew up Chris G online in the first 2 days of playing like 25-6 this game doesn't have a huge learning curve or catching up to do.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Then what about your Houston buddies that had the game like a week before it came out? They should be banned to right?
This is a valid point, as the only one to beat R.E.O was Cat. Although there is definitely a difference between playing the game for 2 months and for an extra week.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Okay.. Then why should testers be banned for playing it early and not people who paid extra to get early. It is literally the same thing. I blew up Chris G online in the first 2 days of playing like 25-6 this game doesn't have a huge learning curve or catching up to do.
If I had it my way I would say yes. But the fact of the matter is that you can't regulate that. How would you know who had the game early? If it wasn't for people spamming twitter we wouldn't have known ANYONE had the game early. I'm literally saying a tournament in the first few days. Congratulations on your Chris G set win btw, you must be really good then.

F4tal

Noob
If I had it my way I would say yes. But the fact of the matter is that you can't regulate that. How would you know who had the game early? If it wasn't for people spamming twitter we wouldn't have known ANYONE had the game early. I'm literally saying a tournament in the first few days. Congratulations on your Chris G set win btw, you must be really good then.
I don't care about a online set win I am just using it as an example. I had the game for 2 days and he obviously tested and played longer than me so if I am able to do well against a tester I am sure others can as well lol.

Oh the tears are strong lol. Didnt Detroit beat dizzy at gga???........ Maybe it is because he looked past the testing business and decided to just go all out and get the win. Also i hope ppl realize that if u let the testers not play then we could miss out on some important aspects of the game that we need to know. Second thing, even without testing REO and TOM would have been grand finals lmao, let us be real now.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
What I don't get is why wait till after you lose to get testers banned for a certain amount of time? Why not do it way before the event starts lol
Because I DIDN'T KNOW THEY WOULD BE THERE. There was literally nothing about it. Sorry I wasn't spamming refresh on Tom's twitter page.

Hades

Noob
Were these tournaments streamed? Is there any footage or whatever?

Anyway my opinion on the matter is that the tested should absolutely be able to play. People have advantages in any sport whether its more funding or early access to technology that grants them an advantage. You should change your view from thinking you're entitled to play in a level playing field, fuck no thats never going to happen. You have to outplay your opponent despite the advantages present. I don't get this mentality that it's all about the money, play the game to enjoy the game.

Anyway you were at a tournament with great players like reo and tom brady. Pick their brains for opinions on the game mechancics etc. play them in games, level up and learn. Look at the positives not the negatives

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Because I DIDN'T KNOW THEY WOULD BE THERE. There was literally nothing about it. Sorry I wasn't spamming refresh on Tom's twitter page.
Quick question how long have you known about these tournaments? Before they were ran?

Zoidberg747

What I don't get is why wait till after you lose to get testers banned for a certain amount of time? Why not do it way before the event starts lol
Because he probably didnt know they were even there. Hell I live in Dallas and I was kind of shocked to see them there, especially in the tournament.

Zoidberg747

Anyway you were at a tournament with great players like reo and tom brady. Pick their brains for opinions on the game mechancics etc. play them in games, level up and learn. Look at the positives not the negatives
This is where I stand on the issue also. I definitely get Pnuts frustration and point of view, but to me seeing their commentary and matches was enough to override those things.

Edit:

Also: http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/reo-wins-epicgls-premier-weekly-dallas-tx.50399/#post-1666835

Reactions: Cat

F4tal

Noob
Haha this guy, "I can blow you up online"

I will gladly money match you at any offline event that I go to. Of course I know you won't after the way you ran away from the MM with SonicBoomBrad last minute.
Yeah sorry I didn't want to trade my job for $100.00. You sound stupid. Let's see if you actually show up to an offline event that isn't in your backyard first.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Like 2 days before they happened.
Would it have been possible for you to convince the T.O. that testers should be banned? So even if you didn't know you would be safe from being unfairly beaten by testers aha