What's new

Test Your Rage Reptile vids (invis shenanigans)

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Over the weekend I attended a Virginia tourny which included players such as Swift Tom Hanks, Lionheart, Eazial, and Ryry. Muffin Muggers recently posted some invis tactics specifically doing 32invis and then from there mixing it up with either 32invis again and repeat or 321 if the opponent quits blocking.

Now this is the FIRST TIME I used 32invis on real opponents as a real tool. I have been using invis at the end of 321 and at the end of njp combos for a while but I never thought of pressuring with 32invis until Muffin Muggers made that thread. This being my first time utilizing the tool, I have not perfected it but so far I have been having success with it against very legit players.

Now people will say that the enemy can POKE out of 32invis. This is true, there is no denying that. However the reward compared to the risk is lopsided imo from what I have experienced so far. Because the point of the string is to use it when the opponent is conditioned to your 321acidhand. They will sit there and wait for the 1 to come out but then you go invis. From there you get a free chipping string or they fuck up and you hit them with a njp combo. When you condition them to poke the invis, then you instead just do the 321 string and can hit confirm the njp combo. This invis tool is very good and honestly while I was using it I felt like my pressuring raised to another level. Here are vids:

Snips v. Lionheart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mPuyWVoImJ8

At 6:30 I do 32invis, Sub Zero tries to punish but is late and then I get a free njp combo. There are other times I use the invis pressure but I gotta rewatch to find the time.

Snips v. Swift Tom Hanks

I don't recall the time periods but I do end up using it several times in here, I don't think I hit him with njp combo from the setup but I do punish him with 321 because he tries to jump away.

Snips v. Ryry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cGSPQ8Ov46M

I use the pressure a lot in this match, I do lose the set 2-3 but the matches were hella close. Also notice I put him in the corner and after the wall combo I go invis and just sit there and hold block baiting out the spin. Ryry is the best VA player and I am 2-2 against him in tournies (I'm salty and you will see me mentioning this often lol)

Snips v. Vegeta

This was after the tournament in a regional battle. Vegeta said he was really tired but still I go invis a lot so I'm posting hte vid anyways

Nice, Im glad these are working for ya, but I felt that you could have rushed a little more with reptile, you seem a little a rushdown shy.

CitizenSnips

Nice, Im glad these are working for ya, but I felt that you could have rushed a little more with reptile, you seem a little a rushdown shy.
Against who? If you mean against Kung Lao then yes I suck against Kung Lao. I am too patient against him at the wrong times and then I get aggressive at the wrong times. Honestly Kung Lao is my nightmare matchup and always has been. I rushed Swift Tom Hanks down very well never gave him space.

Against who? If you mean against Kung Lao then yes I suck against Kung Lao. I am too patient against him at the wrong times and then I get aggressive at the wrong times. Honestly Kung Lao is my nightmare matchup and always has been. I rushed Swift Tom Hanks down very well never gave him space.
Yeah the Kung lao matchup. I reccomend on Kung lao is to Literally give him no space, reverse it, be confident, Bait a teleport, Upper cut, Slow ball, pressure.. This is how I can mainly piss off kung laos, when they Low Hat, I acid spit.. and once I hit, i try to EX slow ball them, they either sit there, or I can bait a dive kick or teleport. This match is in reptiles favor if you put the proper rushdown/baiting on him, and it can really make reptile the nightmare!

CitizenSnips

Yeah the Kung lao matchup. I reccomend on Kung lao is to Literally give him no space, reverse it, be confident, Bait a teleport, Upper cut, Slow ball, pressure.. This is how I can mainly piss off kung laos, when they Low Hat, I acid spit.. and once I hit, i try to EX slow ball them, they either sit there, or I can bait a dive kick or teleport. This match is in reptiles favor if you put the proper rushdown/baiting on him, and it can really make reptile the nightmare!
Yeah I was having a lot of success baiting his teleport, what was irritating me is that a couple times I baited it and went for the uppercut but fucking acid hand comes out so Kung Lao can kick me and combo. That makes me rage so much because I did everything right except acid hand comes out? Wtf? What I've noticed is that I don't know how to approach Kung Lao. Often times I end up sitting there waiting for him to move first so I can react. This works for me a lot but at the same time I don't think it's the best I can do. I like to save my meter for breakers against Kung Lao because htey can just tele or divekick away from EX forceballs.

Yeah I was having a lot of success baiting his teleport, what was irritating me is that a couple times I baited it and went for the uppercut but fucking acid hand comes out so Kung Lao can kick me and combo. That makes me rage so much because I did everything right except acid hand comes out? Wtf? What I've noticed is that I don't know how to approach Kung Lao. Often times I end up sitting there waiting for him to move first so I can react. This works for me a lot but at the same time I don't think it's the best I can do. I like to save my meter for breakers against Kung Lao because htey can just tele or divekick away from EX forceballs.
Yeah, thats why when ever I fight Kung lao, I try the Guile technique.. Stay crouched . This way, the uppercut is nearly impossible to go wrong. And look, this might sound silly, but Meter blasting Kung lao with Acid balls and EH dashes is the best way to approach this, i've fought many Kung laos and they simply do the wrong stuff. Because, its the only thing you have against him, other wise, an amazing kung lao can just rush down you the whole game.. but with the meter on reptile, It makes Kung lao sit back, and think like a bozo.

redeyes

Button Masher
good shit snips. but im gonna D4 your ass out of you're invis pressure at NEC!

PS [MENTION=7158]Muffinmuggers[/MENTION] you may want to not have that as a picture you may get trolled like i did :/

good shit snips. but im gonna D4 your ass out of you're invis pressure at NEC!

PS [MENTION=7158]Muffinmuggers[/MENTION] you may want to not have that as a picture you may get trolled like i did :/
I don't care about trolls lol. and your d4 don't work on me :eek: Cuz I spam mileenas! XD

redeyes

Button Masher
Not if I expose the reptile vs mileena match ups!!! :O lol jk. Thats a secret I refuse to let out.
dash under u4 and make Mileena rage >:O, d4 any jump in, acid ball any IAS since it lowers your hit box. trade spit with ground sai. and Uppercut Telekick AS / Ex kick AS

dash under u4 and make Mileena rage >:O, d4 any jump in, acid ball any IAS since it lowers your hit box. trade spit with ground sai. and Uppercut Telekick AS / Ex kick AS
Haha Yeah. I just love dashing over the Mileena teleport and dashing back lmfao.. and yeah acid balls, and trading spit yup yup, I just happen to do them at all the right times XD

CitizenSnips

more power to you my friend. and they may not work on you but i will destory snips at NEC for my salty Runback from SJ >:O
At this point I'd much rather fight Mileena than Kung Lao. My record against Kung Lao at tournies is a disgusting 2-7 while my record against Mileena is 4-0. But then again the Kung Laos I lost to were Brady, REO, Ryry and some other really good Kung Lao.

redeyes

Button Masher
Haha Yeah. I just love dashing over the Mileena teleport and dashing back lmfao.. and yeah acid balls, and trading spit yup yup, I just happen to do them at all the right times XD
i hate that damn dash i cry so hard when i see a reptile dash under my U4 or when i telekick.

i hate that damn dash i cry so hard when i see a reptile dash under my U4 or when i telekick.
Lol I know, your started getting all salty at me! but then you realized im a nice dude who only spams that character XD like our first match haha, ohh man that was funny.

redeyes

Button Masher
Lol I know, your started getting all salty at me! but then you realized im a nice dude who only spams that character XD like our first match haha, ohh man that was funny.
yeah i get salty VS lao, raiden or reptile online. offline i could careless but online i cry tears of pure salt when i see dash, spin, or teleport ( raidens)

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I've just started incorporating 32 invisibility into my game and it's helped no end.

Followed by 4 Slide, 32 Dash, 321 Slide or 321 Acid Hand. Lovely stuff.