What's new

Test Your Might...

Lucky_623

MKX XB1 & Cage Family Supporter
Okay.. How are people doing it?! The small circle targets on test your might are rage inducing and bring up flash backs to the ole get an electric toothbrush and run it across the NES pad in Track and Field days..

Anyone share their wisdom on how they conquer the harder Test Your Might Challenges?

Kaernak

Noob
I konpleted these tonight. Only titanium took a few tries. I turned my stick in my lap and drummed the buttons with both index and middle fingers quickly. The angle made it so my thumb could hit r2 while I drummed. Fairly certain I played a bad ass solo to break that thing.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I konpleted these tonight. Only titanium took a few tries. I turned my stick in my lap and drummed the buttons with both index and middle fingers quickly. The angle made it so my thumb could hit r2 while I drummed. Fairly certain I played a bad ass solo to break that thing.
Exactly what I've always done with TYM's. But on a pad. I drum myself, so I always tap my fingers to music. It goes right middle, right index, left middle, left index, and back to right middle.

Makes a nice little roll when you get going. Even then, the last break took a few tries.

Kaernak

Noob
Exactly what I've always done with TYM's. But on a pad. I drum myself, so I always tap my fingers to music. It goes right index, right middle, left index, left middle and back to right index.

Makes a nice little roll when you get going. Even then, the last break took a few tries.
I am a guitar player not a drummer but same rhythm skill set. I just tried it again and I definitely was tapping out "the trooper" by iron maiden.

Hades

Noob
You can take a cloth/rag/sock etc, wrap it around your thumb and just rub it across the buttons as fast as possible, then hit r2 with your leg
You are a reincarnation of jesus, god, allah, ganeesh,zeus, jupiter, hell every god in, on and under the sun. After absolutely destroying my thumb yesterday your rag trick into smashing the trigger on the knee worked a treat and my thumb didnt end up blasted to shit. I swear i was about to throw a swing at my tv. Your a fucking legend mate

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Solved it he moment I realized that I can use both hands (2 fingers each) for mashing while also reaching for strike button. I don't use pad though.

Honestly though I had to complete the tower for the second time after failing at step ten for the first time.

E

Eldriken

I just turn my controller sideways, take my thumbs and rapidly press the buttons. To activate L2 and R2, I just press 'em against my leg or something. The way R2 and L2 are positioned on the DS4 makes them really easy to press against almost any surface.

Beat every level of TYM on the first try like that.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm using the mkx fight pad. I turned it on its side and used both hands, my index and middle finger for all 4 buttons, then tapped lt with my thumb. The only hard one was the last one.

E

Eldriken

I'm using the mkx fight pad. I turned it on its side and used both hands, my index and middle finger for all 4 buttons, then tapped lt with my thumb. The only hard one was the last one.
A fellow side turner of controllers!

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
U just mashing it man , i did it with the first try the first two times but the third i was playing two player TYM with a friend and the last level took me a few tries

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I hold the left side of my joypad regularly while my right hand is free.
I then use my index finger on X and square, and my middle finger on Circle and Triangle, and just rapidly tap it.
Then just use the left trigger normally when i get in the range.
The titanium one took me 4 tries or something.

Some people have reported rubbing a pen over the 4 buttons is effective too, or a piece of cloth and use their fingers.

I honestly just do it like the rest. The real trick to it is pressing the button to hit. Levels 1 through 9 are all about speed. 10 is about speed AND precision. If you look close enough you can see the circle doesn't even get smaller just the window you can actually break the MK symbol opens up. I mean how small can that circle really go?

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
I put my hand under my shirt and used my index finger to go ham on the pad buttons.

Raider

Noob
Do we need to finish these 10 just once? I mean is there anything else to unlock? I finished it few hours ago, only 10th was little hard, and i can't even remember what i unlocked. Skin i guess. Lol

That's it?