What's new

Teleport Punishes

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
So I know there are several posts scattered around on how to punish certain teleports but thought it would be useful to have everything in one place. I'm sure it could be useful for maximising punishes.

Here's a rough start. I'd rather keep really hard stuff out such as d1~lift as most people seem to struggle with it.

Cyber SZ
2~lift, dash x2, b2~air fan, dash, fan, dash, 2~fan, dash, 2~cutter

Cyrax
D1~cutter
d1~ex fan, dash, 4~fan, dash, 4~cutter
d1~fan, 2~lift, dash, b2~air fan, dash, fan, dash, 2~fan, 2~cutter (Does this work?)

Freddy
Full punish?

Kung Lao teleport~3
Duck, no block 2~fan, 2~lift, dash x2, b2~air fan, dash, fan, dash 4~cutter

Mileena telekick/ballroll
2~fan, 4~lift, dash x2, b2~air fan, dash, fan, dash 4~cutter

Mileena ex telekick (Must block 2nd hit low)
d1~cutter
d1~ex fan, dash, 4~fan, dash, 4~cutter

Raiden
d1~cutter

Smoke whiffed iAT
d1~cutter
2~lift, dash x2, b2~air fan, dash, fan, dash, 2~fan, dash, 2~cutter

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Mileena telekick/ballroll
2~fan, 4~lift, dash, b2~air fan, dash, fan, dash, 2~fan, 2~cutter
I'm pretty sure I tested different punishments on ball roll and simply punishing with b2~air fan did more damage due to scaling. Or maybe it was that it did the same damage, but was easier than maxing out the other one. I forget most of what I discover in practice mode within about an hour.

Also, shouldn't you be able to punish a whiffed smoke iAT with 2~fan?

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I'm pretty sure I tested different punishments on ball roll and simply punishing with b2~air fan did more damage due to scaling. Or maybe it was that it did the same damage, but was easier than maxing out the other one. I forget most of what I discover in practice mode within about an hour.

Also, shouldn't you be able to punish a whiffed smoke iAT with 2~fan?
Just did a quick test on mileena and found the 2~fan starter seems to do more:
2~fan, 4~lift, dash x2, b2~air fan, dash, fan, dash 4~cutter 39%
b2~air fan, dash, fan, dash, 2~fan, 2~cutter 36%

Smokes iAT can be punished with 2~lift but not sure on 2~fan, 2~lift at its lowest point. Need to test.

aj1701

Noob
So you can punish Mil's telekick with 2~lift? Is that only if they don't do tk~air sai? Alot of the Mileena's I've fought lately always do air sai after telekick (ex or not) and I've been having a hard time at it. I think extelekick~air sai is safe actually. I will try b2~air fan, b/c I can't seem to get the 2~lift out :(

So you can punish Mil's telekick with 2~lift? Is that only if they don't do tk~air sai? Alot of the Mileena's I've fought lately always do air sai after telekick (ex or not) and I've been having a hard time at it. I think extelekick~air sai is safe actually. I will try b2~air fan, b/c I can't seem to get the 2~lift out :(
I think there is a small gap between the extelekick and air sai that you can d1 it, or that's after the air sai.

redeyes

Button Masher
d1 cutter EX kick to air sai. thats what 16bit does to me. d1 to lift is to hard.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
To punish Mileena EX telekick with sai block it low(you can transition to low block if you block the first high) then let go of block and stay crouched to duck under the sai. Then d+1~whatever.

aj1701

Noob
d1 cutter EX kick to air sai. thats what 16bit does to me. d1 to lift is to hard.
To punish Mileena EX telekick with sai block it low(you can transition to low block if you block the first high) then let go of block and stay crouched to duck under the sai. Then d+1~whatever.
Thanks guys I'll give it a whirl. I've been able to do d1~cutter a few times, but I always felt like there was more I could do.. maybe not. Also I think I keep holding block while they do the air sai, lol. Gotta stop that..