What's new

TekkenMaster vs SonicFox runback @NEC17?

Do you want to see an Exhibition match of FT10 between TekkenMaster and SonicFox at NEC17?

• Total voters

loogie

Noob
Hi All,

One of the most epic fights in MKXL competitive scene, was when TekkenMaster took SonicFox to the wire at EVO16... to the point where Sonic had to ditch his lucky hat :D

Well, we all want more of the same at NEC17!

So who all wants to see an EXHIBITION match between these two?
Please take this poll, and let's make it happen!

A runback of this!!

@BigE
@SonicFox5000

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Exibition matches are trash and dont mean shit. So please, no, dont make this epic showdown into childs play. I DO want to see the runback, but it should be grand finals runback, not some petty exibition noone (and especially players themself) take seriously.
I agree with this sentiment. An exhibition between these two competitors would murder the perception of rivalry that we, the community, have built up to be. These two players are giants in terms of generating hype and giving good matches. I feel it should be natural, as in, these two should, if they can, Duke it out in Grand Finals of NEC should both of them make it. Hell, I'd even be hyped for a top 8 match-up between these two.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Problem is, that there's no drama between the two. So outside of a tournament match, I don't think either would care that much. It's not like cowboy vs king or sonic vs pl where these were must-win matches for everyone involved. At the end, the loser would just be like "it was just an exhibition, I didn't care"

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
If it was me, i'd challenge Sonic to a 500$ MM FT5 or so.
He would say no. Sponsorship dictates matches on their terms. In addition, why gamble with your own money when the money can be provided? From there, they set the stage and he just needs to show up and be Sonic Fox.

Parasurama

Dragon
I think the Forever King/Wound Cowboy and Sonic/PL exhibition matches were epic for different reasons.
My point is that exhibition matches are entertaining.

Reactions: GAV

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Hi All,

One of the most epic fights in MKXL competitive scene, was when TekkenMaster took SonicFox to the wire at EVO16... to the point where Sonic had to ditch his lucky hat :D

Well, we all want more of the same at NEC17!

So who all wants to see an EXHIBITION match between these two?
Please take this poll, and let's make it happen!

A runback of this!!

@BigE
@SonicFox5000
I think the even more exciting part if that they could face each other at NEC this coming weekend.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Tournament is the only place it'd count because there's no beef.

But I highly doubt BOTH players will make grand finals of NEC
Just out of curiosity, what makes You think so ? I understand that
He would say no. Sponsorship dictates matches on their terms. In addition, why gamble with your own money when the money can be provided? From there, they set the stage and he just needs to show up and be Sonic Fox.

Fuck, I didn't thought about it...you're absolutely right man.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Just out of curiosity, what makes You think so ? I understand that

Fuck, I didn't thought about it...you're absolutely right man.
Thanks.

If I could weigh in on Foxy's point, I agree with him. Sonic is the best and Tekken Master is one of the best, but its hard to predict the top two of any tourney at NEC's level just because so many players there are capable of making it. It boggles my mind how players can re-create their success consistently against so many killers.

Both of them are not making grand finals lol.

It's gonna be a very dense tournament.
Nodick riding but I see u in grand finals lol but to saying fox or tekken no making grand finals is stretching alil far as much as something saying that about my comment with u. Especially tekken because I doubt any body here has done major sets with the man

But sonic is a free agent is he not ? Didn't he also tell young monster to a 1,000 mm ft20 jaquci mirror ? I'm sure sonic wouldn't care putting up some of his own money

GAV

But sonic is a free agent is he not ? Didn't he also tell young monster to a 1,000 mm ft20 jaquci mirror ? I'm sure sonic wouldn't care putting up some of his own money
He has said no on these forums to a few challenges. Since he can beat anyone, this had to be the reason.