What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Hey is it just me or does the game feel slightly slower?
Either that or the window on combos has become tighter.
Yoshimitsu's NSS combo for example.
I could hit df2, f3+4, 1, b1, d1, f3+4. f1+2 very consistently in T6, but now I can barely do it.
Has the execution become more tight, or it is just me?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Everyone has a different style that a certain character fits. Ling is sort of like Liu Kang in this game with her mixups, except she has lower damage than normal(with a partner at least).

Maybe it is because she is kind of like a Leixia that doesnt suck complete dick.
Ling is nothing like Liu Kang, if she's comparable to anybody from MK I'd probably say she's like a lame Smoke. But even then its stretching it since there are literally 0 characters in MK that share similarities to her.

Couple questions.

Is there a block button, and how is online?

Haven't played tekken since ps2 can't remember it at all.
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Flagg

Noob
Couple questions.

Is there a block button, and how is online?

Haven't played tekken since ps2 can't remember it at all.
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
You hold back to block, i'm hearing that the netcode is the best netcode to date for a fighting game.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
how viable is solo mode? i wanna run solo alex as i dont like any other characters.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Apparently it's ban-worthy. Seems top players have found fucked up shit with it.
It looks like its fair IMO, they can't take red health off the opponent, but at the same time their opponent can take red health off of them.
Just dont TA! them, use tag buffered launchers instead.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It looks like its fair IMO, they can't take red health off the opponent, but at the same time their opponent can take red health off of them.
Just dont TA! them, use tag buffered launchers instead.
Still haven't figured this out entirely. I think I need someone to just say ... "look, this combo is better and here is why" type deal. I feel I have the hang of what i'm supposed to do.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I'm picking this up for 360 during my lunch, today.

So the general consensus is that Marshall Law is pretty much ass?

There is the possibility of playing solo against a team of 2 right? I won't be playing this game competitively, probably just with my friends.

Crathen

Death is my business
Ancient Ogre is kinda meh in ttt2 , Ogre seems good , Dragunov has a f3 wich he can cancel for very good wallcarry , good thing they fixed df2 i just wish they made his tackle game faster but i gotta mess a little with 1+2 into tackle....
Bryan still plays the same with a little more tricks , he has a new slow low d df 4 but it's cancellable on hit its something around +14 wich is good and -13 on block forcing crouch.....

This game CAN be played on bad. I have to hold it different. My thumb is usually lifted to touch both XO together, and i move from there. I Use R2 for 1 and 4 and L2 for 2 and 3

PeeJaeys

Sabi
Just got this game, never played it, ever. Good forum to learn the basics and level up? Thank you.

Also, any good fight stick for this game? Thank you links would be appreciated.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
hmm, well if im forced to learn 2 i'll just learn roger as well :p
Well even Alex himself might be banned for now until all of the console DLC characters are made public in December..

(probably won't have the game until then anyway #Kappa)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
pretty sure Alex isn't a DLC..... so idk honestly know what he's tlaking about up there.
Regardless, he's still a new character in a game that's already been out for a year in arcades. We wasn't exactly allowed to use Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain etc. in tournaments right away were we? Just sayin he might wanna look into an alt if TEO's aren't okay with it.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Regardless, he's still a new character in a game that's already been out for a year in arcades. We wasn't exactly allowed to use Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain etc. in tournaments right away were we? Just sayin he might wanna look into an alt if TEO's aren't okay with it.
its not been out in arcades in the UK, so if TO's over here ban it because the rest of the world are then fuck that.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I just wish you could play online 4v4 ala 4 different consoles (like SFXT) I had such a good idea for our STB clan. You can do online practice with someone else, but not on the same team :(.