What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Guys, i know any of you don't speak portuguese, my Kuni is collecting salt tears right now, is hella hilarious.

In the picture Mc Lyron (uncle kick) is saying he will never playing against Kunimitsu ever again, like ever, he also aknowledges me as the TTT2 champion back then, saying Kunimitsu is a bug character full of mistakes, no wonder i won the tournament, everyone is laughing their arses so hard now.

Kuni is awesome, i know a lot of ppl say she has an overrated oki game, my play game with Kuni is just nuts lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Top 8 with Jin, this is too juicy.

It would be 2 Jins in top 8 if Amigo could've taken the entire final team with his Jin alone.

I know Shudy is great, but Amigo is a much better fundamental japanese Jin, but lets see how this pans out.

I'm laughing my ass off into Tondakurabu's name, Tondaku doesn't mean anything in portuguese, but the way you say RABU is just as portuguese ppl says RABO, which means @$$

So cheers up to Tondaku-ass lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Shudy will be mopped up by Nobi, that is why i preffered Amigo's Jin.

Edit: Lost the Shudy Match, dunno who won, but Nobi was winning 1-0 before my internet backstab me.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Guys I made a mistake. I started watching Tekken and I don't think I can stop. I don't know character tools or even the meta of how to play and I'm so excited.

Can someone explain how people get away with constant wave dashes really close. Or the sporadic movement when close? I get that from further out it's just movement and spacing and you could end up sidestepping a bit more and dodge something. But when say DJ or another character is like dancing and rubbing against his opponent. Why does that happen?

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Guys I made a mistake. I started watching Tekken and I don't think I can stop. I don't know character tools or even the meta of how to play and I'm so excited.

Can someone explain how people get away with constant wave dashes really close. Or the sporadic movement when close? I get that from further out it's just movement and spacing and you could end up sidestepping a bit more and dodge something. But when say DJ or another character is like dancing and rubbing against his opponent. Why does that happen?
VS. Mishimas, you gotta respect that electric. And if playing/wavedashing VS a button presser, someone throwing out something unsafe to try to blow up the wavedashing... Through all that motion, the Wavedash can be kept safe and used to bait out a punish. Knowing the characters options out of the wavedash would help on deciding your best options against it.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Push a button and find out. :DOGE

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
tell me when nina's announced, my poor heart can't deal with that announcement saying it's not her
I stopped watching the moment Shudy got eliminated, still salty cause i think Amigo deserved that spot better than him, sadly Amigo's team lost in the finals after he took the entire team by himself, his last partner threw away all into the wind. Well, surely the announcement is after this even, but i'm not watching anymore.

Mishimas have a 50-50 mixup out of a wave dash with hellsweep and Overhead launcher, the hellsweep will always deal chip damage, but take as many and can do quick damage, all hellsweeps are launch punishable, the overheads only works at short range and are all safe, and the electric is the safest option to not lose momentum and keep applying pressure since is +5 on block but hits high.

When Knee finds himself an opening, he will wave dash in front of you as your character is recovering, with the intent of applying these 3 options, if you try to retaliate and he reads that you will press a button, you will get launched by EWGF. Regular Jin game is so good now, that his current wavedash pressure is equal to any mishima, and far better due the counter hits that grants him ridiculous combos with ridiculous damage, and CDS wallsplats 50-50 mixups.

Sadly there is only 4 Jins in consideration now.

Orenge, Knee, Cherryberrymano, and Amigo. These 4 are the real deal, and are on a level of their own, anyone else (even me) are all frauds.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
VS. Mishimas, you gotta respect that electric. And if playing/wavedashing VS a button presser, someone throwing out something unsafe to try to blow up the wavedashing... Through all that motion, the Wavedash can be kept safe and used to bait out a punish. Knowing the characters options out of the wavedash would help on deciding your best options against it.
I stopped watching the moment Shudy got eliminated, still salty cause i think Amigo deserved that spot better than him, sadly Amigo's team lost in the finals after he took the entire team by himself, his last partner threw away all into the wind. Well, surely the announcement is after this even, but i'm not watching anymore.

Mishimas have a 50-50 mixup out of a wave dash with hellsweep and Overhead launcher, the hellsweep will always deal chip damage, but take as many and can do quick damage, all hellsweeps are launch punishable, the overheads only works at short range and are all safe, and the electric is the safest option to not lose momentum and keep applying pressure since is +5 on block but hits high.

When Knee finds himself an opening, he will wave dash in front of you as your character is recovering, with the intent of applying these 3 options, if you try to retaliate and he reads that you will press a button, you will get launched by EWGF. Regular Jin game is so good now, that his current wavedash pressure is equal to any mishima, and far better due the counter hits that grants him ridiculous combos with ridiculous damage, and CDS wallsplats 50-50 mixups.

Sadly there is only 4 Jins in consideration now.

Orenge, Knee, Cherryberrymano, and Amigo. These 4 are the real deal, and are on a level of their own, anyone else (even me) are all frauds.
So then what I was describing only really happens with the Mishimas?

@SaltShaker you don't get a quote but that shit was funny though.

Why are the healthbars flashing? (not rage. they are constantly glimmering. Like a faulty fluorescent light.)

With the movement, with any character. When it's the sporadic looking neutral dashing and sidestepping. Is that calculated or more just making yourself as mobile as possible?

Even high level Law can't stay away from the allure of the double somersault. :(

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese

@SaltShaker you don't get a quote but that shit was funny though.

Why are the healthbars flashing? (not rage. they are constantly glimmering. Like a faulty fluorescent light.)

With the movement, with any character. When it's the sporadic looking neutral dashing and sidestepping. Is that calculated or more just making yourself as mobile as possible?

Even high level Law can't stay away from the allure of the double somersault. :(
Not only with the mishimas. And the sporadic looking movement is definitely calculated.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Both calculated and staying mobile.

In Tekken the absolute last thing you want to do is be still. Too many set ups from too many characters. The movement you're seeing (as in all characters "freeze skipping") is used to cause whiffs, throw off timings, a ton of uses. As a Bryan main, if I'm in a certain situations I'll pressure with that movement. The opponent has no idea what's coming and it would be stupid to just push buttons against Bryan with his billion counter hit launcher set ups. That gives me time to make my read, go for a launcher, low, poke, mixup, taunt cancel, or CH. A lot of options lol.

You can help your positioning with side step walking too. So linear attacks can end up whiffing on you a ton easier if you're in that direction and make the right read, and then punish. It also helps grabs be tougher to see.

Now say if I just walked up or dashed, it would be a lot easier to react for the opponent while making if harder for me to block or get them to whiff or bait an attack or taunt or nearly everything.

It's deeper than this but that's an easy way of trying to explain why it matters more.