What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
God I need Tekken in my body right fucking now.

I've been going through withdrawals since I transitioned from PS3 to PS4. MK is like my favorite fighting game from an overall standpoint but when it comes to gameplay and match enjoyment Tekken is my lord and savior.

Shame 3 out my 4 mains aren't even in T7(yet).

No Marduk, no Alex/Roger Jr., and no Bob. Still got Boss-Pimp Heihachi though.

And Gigas looks like he'll suffice since I don't have Marduk or True Ogre.

This game needs to release on PS4 nowwwwwwwwwww.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
What? Man you gotta come play some MKX! Lol
We'll possibly make a day out of that soon. Me being lazy as fuck, I will have to throw out the fact that you're always welcome to come to my crib as well. I got a second controller and all that.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
We'll possibly make a day out of that soon. Me being lazy as fuck, I will have to throw out the fact that you're always welcome to come to my crib as well. I got a second controller and all that.
Hell yea no doubt. Lemme know. I can def drive out there as well. We'll have to set somethin up soon man.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Hell yea no doubt. Lemme know. I can def drive out there as well. We'll have to set somethin up soon man.
Oh you gotta whip [In dem boroughs], nice! Yeah, I'd have to bus and train / N or R it up there [Think you're in the Bronx right?] Will shoot you a PM and we'll set something up no doubt. Sounds like a plan.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Jin, looks like a polished diamond in this game, EWGF that launches without being a counter.
Safe zenchin stance, he now can actually do juggles.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Unlike Patch City, if it isn't broken don't fix it!

Legacy advantage >

:coffee:
Didn't you talk about a 10-0 earlier somewhere? Huh... :coffee:

Lol tell me if any of these guys are in because they're who I played in the other Tekkens I've played:
Hwoarang, Eddy, Nina, Law, and Paul (obviously but maybe not so obviously if you don't know my name which you do now)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Didn't you talk about a 10-0 earlier somewhere? Huh... :coffee:
Hahahaha!!!!! Bodied me! Lol!!!

Lol tell me if any of these guys are in because they're who I played in the other Tekkens I've played:
Hwoarang, Eddy, Nina, Law, and Paul (obviously but maybe not so obviously if you don't know my name which you do now)
Eddy and Nina aren't announced yet, but Eddy looks like he got cut this game. The rest are in.

Marte

Noob
I don't really like the fact that sidestepping is pretty much useless at this point, and many other little things... But hey, can't wait to play it.

All the new characters suck ass so far tho.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Hahahaha!!!!! Bodied me! Lol!!!

Eddy and Nina aren't announced yet, but Eddy looks like he got cut this game. The rest are in.
I see, what makes you think Eddy's out? Eddy is one of my favourites because I like his fight stance and I've always been a fan of characters with, to use the formal term, spinny moves (Mileenas roll/U4/B14, Batgirls cartwheel, WoWos B3/F3/lasso spin, I guess Kano spins his knives Kappa) and Hwoarang kinda for the same reason. I just seemed to win more with Nina in the one(s) I played and I enjoyed Law's backflip so much all I would do with him is try and do just that move lol.

What new characters are there? I've seen Josie(?), Shaheen, Lucky Chloe, I might be forgetting some.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I see, what makes you think Eddy's out? Eddy is one of my favourites because I like his fight stance and I've always been a fan of characters with, to use the formal term, spinny moves (Mileenas roll/U4/B14, Batgirls cartwheel, WoWos B3/F3/lasso spin, I guess Kano spins his knives Kappa) and Hwoarang kinda for the same reason. I just seemed to win more with Nina in the one(s) I played and I enjoyed Law's backflip so much all I would do with him is try and do just that move lol.

What new characters are there? I've seen Josie(?), Shaheen, Lucky Chloe, I might be forgetting some.
Yea new characters are those 3, Katarina, this Brazilian chick with a lot of savate-like kicks in her moveset. Claudio, this noble looking flamboyant white suit guy with magic hands/powers. Gigas, some big humanoid Bane type hooked up on something guy. And Kazumi Mishima, Heihachi's wife and Kazuya's mom who can literally tiger uppercut you with a tiger lol.

I'd be surprised if Nina wasn't back. Too iconic. It'd be like a SF without Chun-Li or a SC without Ivy. Very hard to imagine.

Eddy/Christie on the other hand possibly might be out because of Chloe, like how Josie is replacing Bruce. They've already covered the Brazilian nationality with the new character Katarina, and Lucky Chloe has a lot of her moves. A lot of her kicks and up kicks look veryyy similar to Chloe's, and one of her grabs is almost an exact copy of Eddy/Christie. Looks grim for the duo.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So after playing every other day, and about 9-10 hours yesterday and today (worse than drugs) I have some thoughts.

-Shaheen is the only character I would consider "broken". Safe on strings, launchers, etc. Extremely fast frames and recovery. Free OTG damage for 50% combos. Free mixups off of slide. Good range. Good everything. No wonder all of Asia has him ranked S or SS. Crazy. It's almost certain that he'll be toned done for the console version.

-My main Bryan. What can I say? He is amazing. Godlike footsies. Still requires game knowledge and great spacing to maximize him. Many counter hits lead to juggles, more than most. He capitalizes one of the most off of the new ground breaks and juggle system. Qcb3 now can combo off of counter hit, 3+4 crumples like T6 on counter, etc. Amazing wall carry. Taunt cancel is still good, especially near the corner. Still one of the best characters around if you are strong with your footsies. My main since T5 5.0, and no reason whatsoever to change. Very pleased.

-Josie. Played her the 2nd most because I like her more than all the other new characters. She's fun to play and really good, somewhat different than Bruce. She doesn't have the range or the damage that Bruce had. She has a little more difficult execution than Bruce also. In return she has a few faster moves, strong pokes, strong low pokes, and more cancel opportunities into dash stance cancel and a new back sway stance. A solid replacement for Bruce imo. She plays more aggressive than Bruce with better and faster mixups. Back sway 1 is a crumple on regular hit, allow free combos on a good read. Her cancels make opponents want to push buttons, which they lose. This girl is danger. I'll be riding her and Bryan this go around as my duo.

-Steve. If it wasn't for my new found Josie, Steve would be getting his usual #2 spot. Just as good as ever. Combos are a little diff, and for what it's worth he feels "easier" on the execution in this game for his BnB's. 112 can duck cancel now. With the changed oki system FF2 is a killer on grounded opponents. Overall, Steve is still Steve.

-Asuka. Depressing. She just isn't that good. Unless you're just a fan there's probably not much of a reason to use her. Low damage, weak mixups, suffers from oki change, crappy frame speed, unsafe, just bad. Bad. Not "worst in the game bad (I think), but pretty damn bad. I wouldn't main her unless I was a true loyalist. Hoping there really is a console patch because she is severely outclassed right now.

-Claudio. Tekken 7's Shinnok, but even easier. If you want a character that has all the tools while at the same time is one of the best, pick up Claudio for 5 minutes and you're set.

-Jin. My friend main's Jin so obviously I've played more Bryan vs Jin than any match. This is probably his best version since the T3 and T4 days of doom. He "has everything", just not as absurd as DJ or Shaheen and not as braindead as Claudio. If I had to pick the prototype character that should represent the game it's him. His footsie game is super solid, he has a lot of defensive options, just a strong overall toolset with nothing out of whak. Though my endless T4 salt would never allow me to touch this character, I can say after having played him many times now that he is legit. Better than I thought and no doubt better than T6 and TTT2 Jin.

-Kazumi. Not sure what to say here. She seems "ok" but her gameplay feels very one dimensional and repetitive for her best success. Wasn't really feeling her.

-Paul. There is some dude who plays TTT2 religiously we've been running into that uses Paul. Seems pretty good in this one. Feels like fighting TTT2 Paul. Not sure if it's because this guy is just better using his old tech or the character hasn't changed. Need more time.

-Law. Very, very, very good. He's Law on steroids. Double edge sword, Super high reward/Super high risk. When he's on, he's on, but lots of getting punished if you make bad reads or wrong pressure options. Kind of like Ermac without OS. But stronger of a character.

-Heihachi. Oh do I miss the days of EWGF'ing opponents to death. Hey Heihachi? Remember when you were a Godlike character? Yea, the good ol days huh? In seriousness, he's still good, but kinda toned down so I didn't use him too much (yet). Only a little because whenever I started with him good players came so I had to bring out my Bryan/Josie. I need to see if the God of Top Tier has fallen to mid for myself though.

-King. My friends secondary. Picture the King you know. Now picture him better in every way. This is what happened to Jin and King, and lucky me to face them for years.

-Lily. Laughable garbage. So garbage that when you see someone pick her you should begin to laugh.

That's all I got for now. Any questions feel free to ask. Oh and yes, the game is utterly amazing and I'm taking an extended lunch break to go play tomorrow instead of eating since I can walk 5min there. Yes it's that serious.

@ando1184 @Eddy Wang @D. R. @Protagonist_1 @Soul Bound X @FlappyDaniel @WidowPuppy @XxTheGoblinX @Pterodactyl @EveryOtherTekkenHead

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm glad Lili is garbage, I fucking hate that character in every possible way.

Happy to hear how the characters are standing, still a shame there aren't many revealed that have my interest.
Haha yea me too. I hated her from day 1 and couldn't be happier about how crap she is in this one lol. It seems like the majority of the characters have really strong tools. Out of the whole cast the only ones who blatantly feel weaker than the others are Lili, Asuka, Lucky Chloe, and Gigas. Everyone else seems to be good, really good, or amazing.

That sucks. I have a friend who his main's are Nina and Bob, so he's pissed that neither are announced yet. I can't imagine a Tekken without Nina so I think there's so more reveals left.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
So after playing every other day, and about 9-10 hours yesterday and today (worse than drugs) I have some thoughts.

-Shaheen is the only character I would consider "broken". Safe on strings, launchers, etc. Extremely fast frames and recovery. Free OTG damage for 50% combos. Free mixups off of slide. Good range. Good everything. No wonder all of Asia has him ranked S or SS. Crazy. It's almost certain that he'll be toned done for the console version.

-My main Bryan. What can I say? He is amazing. Godlike footsies. Still requires game knowledge and great spacing to maximize him. Many counter hits lead to juggles, more than most. He capitalizes one of the most off of the new ground breaks and juggle system. Qcb3 now can combo off of counter hit, 3+4 crumples like T6 on counter, etc. Amazing wall carry. Taunt cancel is still good, especially near the corner. Still one of the best characters around if you are strong with your footsies. My main since T5 5.0, and no reason whatsoever to change. Very pleased.

-Josie. Played her the 2nd most because I like her more than all the other new characters. She's fun to play and really good, somewhat different than Bruce. She doesn't have the range or the damage that Bruce had. She has a little more difficult execution than Bruce also. In return she has a few faster moves, strong pokes, strong low pokes, and more cancel opportunities into dash stance cancel and a new back sway stance. A solid replacement for Bruce imo. She plays more aggressive than Bruce with better and faster mixups. Back sway 1 is a crumple on regular hit, allow free combos on a good read. Her cancels make opponents want to push buttons, which they lose. This girl is danger. I'll be riding her and Bryan this go around as my duo.

-Steve. If it wasn't for my new found Josie, Steve would be getting his usual #2 spot. Just as good as ever. Combos are a little diff, and for what it's worth he feels "easier" on the execution in this game for his BnB's. 112 can duck cancel now. With the changed oki system FF2 is a killer on grounded opponents. Overall, Steve is still Steve.

-Asuka. Depressing. She just isn't that good. Unless you're just a fan there's probably not much of a reason to use her. Low damage, weak mixups, suffers from oki change, crappy frame speed, unsafe, just bad. Bad. Not "worst in the game bad (I think), but pretty damn bad. I wouldn't main her unless I was a true loyalist. Hoping there really is a console patch because she is severely outclassed right now.

-Claudio. Tekken 7's Shinnok, but even easier. If you want a character that has all the tools while at the same time is one of the best, pick up Claudio for 5 minutes and you're set.

-Jin. My friend main's Jin so obviously I've played more Bryan vs Jin than any match. This is probably his best version since the T3 and T4 days of doom. He "has everything", just not as absurd as DJ or Shaheen and not as braindead as Claudio. If I had to pick the prototype character that should represent the game it's him. His footsie game is super solid, he has a lot of defensive options, just a strong overall toolset with nothing out of whak. Though my endless T4 salt would never allow me to touch this character, I can say after having played him many times now that he is legit. Better than I thought and no doubt better than T6 and TTT2 Jin.

-Kazumi. Not sure what to say here. She seems "ok" but her gameplay feels very one dimensional and repetitive for her best success. Wasn't really feeling her.

-Paul. There is some dude who plays TTT2 religiously we've been running into that uses Paul. Seems pretty good in this one. Feels like fighting TTT2 Paul. Not sure if it's because this guy is just better using his old tech or the character hasn't changed. Need more time.

-Law. Very, very, very good. He's Law on steroids. Double edge sword, Super high reward/Super high risk. When he's on, he's on, but lots of getting punished if you make bad reads or wrong pressure options. Kind of like Ermac without OS. But stronger of a character.

-Heihachi. Oh do I miss the days of EWGF'ing opponents to death. Hey Heihachi? Remember when you were a Godlike character? Yea, the good ol days huh? In seriousness, he's still good, but kinda toned down so I didn't use him too much (yet). Only a little because whenever I started with him good players came so I had to bring out my Bryan/Josie. I need to see if the God of Top Tier has fallen to mid for myself though.

-King. My friends secondary. Picture the King you know. Now picture him better in every way. This is what happened to Jin and King, and lucky me to face them for years.

-Lily. Laughable garbage. So garbage that when you see someone pick her you should begin to laugh.

That's all I got for now. Any questions feel free to ask. Oh and yes, the game is utterly amazing and I'm taking an extended lunch break to go play tomorrow instead of eating since I can walk 5min there. Yes it's that serious.

@ando1184 @Eddy Wang @D. R. @Protagonist_1 @Soul Bound X @FlappyDaniel @WidowPuppy @XxTheGoblinX @Pterodactyl @EveryOtherTekkenHead
That's a shame about Asuka, hope they improve her. Josie... Cancels... More technical than Bruce you say... I'm in there! Lili garbage? You mean broken or bad? Awesome write up though, thanks for that.

I NEED a Chang!

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_

Bro you gotta try out my boy yoshimitsu. If you have the time