What's new

Team DES Presents: Body Shop Saturdays 11: MK9 Bi-Weekly Tournament- Blackwood NJ 5/28

Team DES Presents: Body Shop Saturdays 13: MK9 Bi-Weekly Tournament- Blackwood NJ 7/23

Team DES Presents: Body Shop Saturdays 13: MK9 ,MvC3, SSFIV AE Bi-Weekly Tournament- Blackwood NJ 7/23
Date: Saturday, July 23rd
Time: 2pm-2AM, Casuals at 2, Tournaments at 7-9ish
Location: Next Level Videogames 1031 Little Gloucester Rd. Blackwood NJ, 08012 Next Level VIDEOGAMES - BUY. SELL. TRADE. CLASSIC GAMES. MODERN GAMES.
Entry Fee: $5 for venue,$ $10 For MK9, $10 For MvC3, $10 for SSFIV AE
Stream URL: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/body-shop-saturdays
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamDontEverStop
Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-DES/119220164807664?ref=ts
Phone: 856-308-3256

Hope everyone had fun at ECT. Evo is upon us so lets have 1 Body Shop go down to get you guys ready. This is Body Shop Saturdays 13!!!

This event is being held at Next Level Videogames in Blackwood, NJ, which is about 45-60 minutes from the Shore and Delaware, 45-50 mins from 8 on The Break and only 15-30 minutes from Philly. There are plenty of sources for food in the area, along with a special discount if you mention the event to the pizza place right next door, and plenty of parking at our location.

The entry fee to show up and play casuals or just hang out will be $5. When arriving please pay your entry fee at the register and please have cash with you to make the running of the tournament much smoother. Rules for the tournament will be posted below.

Also, we will try to have as many setups as possible for all to come out and have fun and play, even while the tournament is running. Most setups will be PS3s and we will have others as well, such as a dedicated Neo-Geo cabinet for Garou: Mark of the Wolves free play all night. If you have any games that you would like to play casuals, please request them in the thread and we will do our best to make sure that game is there for all to have fun with.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me or just post them in the thread. Hope as many players as possible can make it out and have a ball. Peace Out.

-Thomahawk-

MK9 is to be played and Streamed on PS3
SSFIV AE is to be played on PS3
MvC3 is to be played on PS3
Bring your own Stick/Pad
2/3 Matches. 3/5 for Finals

UGH. My family had this bright idea to have the easter dinner on saturday for the first time ever, and of all times the day of the tournament. I might show up to the tournament late but the rest of the team will be holding it down.

Not doing a tourney this weekend? bummed.. I am getting a early Christmas present today or friday :) we should def get something casual/tourney going somewhere in NJ on sat

Not this weekend but next weekend is our tournament. We run Bi Weekly which is every other Saturday. As for this saturday im pretty sure me and friends are going to the Grand Masters tournament ran by Big E and Hubbs at Classic Game Junkie in PA. Hopefully some MK will be jumping off then.
And on Tuesday I plan on going to the release party at classic game junkie where everyones gonna be there.

I just checked & Classic Game Junkie is 80 mins from my house so I will be coming out on saturday. What time are u guys going there? Are they running a tourney or its just casuals for the day? Im down either way, just wanna get some live action going.

I have to see about tuesday night since I work until 8 & have work the next day as well.

I just checked & Classic Game Junkie is 80 mins from my house so I will be coming out on saturday. What time are u guys going there? Are they running a tourney or its just casuals for the day? Im down either way, just wanna get some live action going.

I have to see about tuesday night since I work until 8 & have work the next day as well.
I think they're just doing super and marvel. But there should be casuals there for Mk9. I should definitly be there tho so Ill see u then.

After speaking w/ The HuBBs , it doesnt look like any MK9 will be going on tommorrow. :( so I will not be driving down for the day, I am dieing to get some casuals going this weekend if anyone else is interested. Had today off from work so already started my MK weekend wit the game. Need some competetion!

bump for this Saturday.. 1st MK9 Tourney in NJ, Lets Go!!

Hope to meet some more TYM peeps. I see alot complaining about online play, well if u live in NJ here is your chance for some MK fun & competition! Im driving almost 2 hours to get there

bump for this Saturday.. 1st MK9 Tourney in NJ, Lets Go!!

Hope to meet some more TYM peeps. I see alot complaining about online play, well if u live in NJ here is your chance for some MK fun & competition! Im driving almost 2 hours to get there
BTW the tournament will be streamed. I know Easter falls on the next day which is inconvenient since I know some people are celebrating saturday. Me included. I might have to come to this late or pick which one ima go to. What a dilemma.

Here are the results for the Mk9 tournament. Videos will be uploaded soon.

MK9:

1: DES Thomahawk (Noob Saibot)
2: Demon Hyo (Kabal)
3: Jim Coastin (Kung Lao)
4: Gladiator 10Stars
5: Meteo
5: Shirokuma
7: DES REFan
7: David
9: DES Blasian
9: Stefan
9: Dr. Chaos

GGs to all. Hope to see more players next time.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
your first post says May 19th, Saturday but the 19th is a Wednesday... you mean May 14th, I guess I missed something?

Also, as soon as I confirm this information I'll front page your 1st post. Thank you.

your first post says May 19th, Saturday but the 19th is a Wednesday... you mean May 14th, I guess I missed something?

Also, as soon as I confirm this information I'll front page your 1st post. Thank you.
LOL. Man I messed that up bad. But yea the tournament is this Saturday May 14th. And big thanks!!

Yes matches will be streamed and recorded. As for the sonyas stance cancel I thought everyone is banning it because the only way out is to get hit. I beleive its getting patched too. But if im wrong on this let me know.