What's new

Guide - Kobu Jutsu Tanya Rekka Guide

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The fist move of its kind in a NRS game, the rekka is most famous from Fei Long in Street Fighter. This move is built to be a mind game. It has great range, its easily hit confirmable into a full combo, and has delay options that change its frame data.

This guide talks about a few things.
1) Rekka delay and how to use it
2) Rekka pressure on hit
3) Meter building
4) EH Rekka and armor.

Sorry for the length but it couldn't be avoided.

Tanya's meter building tactics and chip damage (more in depth than the video)

To build 1 bar:
17 specials whiff or hit (all specials are the same...no exceptions)
16 blocked normals (same with normals)
8 blocked specials (same here too)

Ex moves on hit build no bar whatsoever.

Chip damage:
112 - 2.25%
11u4 - 2.75%
B12+4 - 2.75%
F1 - 1.75%
Ex df2 - 3.51%
Df2 df1 df2 - 4.63%

Alright...so lets look at her mid screen bnbs

1 bar launcher into knockdown:
B12+4 df2 df1 df2 ex jk tele njp b12+4 df2 df1 df2 for 37%
*6 specials (6/17 x 100 = 35.3% of a bar built)

1 bar standing reset:
B12+4 ex df1 jip b12+4 df2 df1 for 30% and +10
*2 specials (2/17 x 100 = 11.7% of a bar built)

Block strings after this that are guaranteed are 112, 11u4, and b12+4. If we were to do simply b12+4 df2df1df2 it would yield us an extra 7.78% which compensates for the damage lost not going for the launcher combo which normally does 37%. It also builds much more bar
3 blocked normals - 18.75%
3 blocked specials - 37.5%

The Bnb now becomes
1 bar standing reset:
B12+4 ex df1 jip b12+4 df2 df1 (chip) b12+4 df2df1df2 for 30% + 7.78% ~ 38%
*2 specials 11.7%
*3 blocked normals - 18.75%
*3 blocked specials - 37.5%
Total bar built = 67.95 ~ 68%

Conclusion:
The standing reset Bnb does the same or more damage (if you can make them guess tele cancels and block more it's even better) and builds twice the bar.

Video References:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Let me leave it here for all the whining sorrylosers that can't read frame data for a tournament and then creak about not punishing something so glaring.

Rekka1 - i14, -12b
Rekka1MB - i12, -8b
Rekka2 - i20, -13b
Rekka2MB - i17, -4 <~ NOTE: You cannot MB Rekka2, you have to MB Rekka1 to follow up with this version. Which is -8. Which can be poked if you blocked it.
Rekka3 - i13, -28b <~ NOTE: Unsafe as shit. If you can't punish it on block, you deserve to lose to it.
Rekka3MB - i10, -7b <~ Even meter-burn Rekka can be poked, armoured, spin-punished etc.
Nerf what now? The 4f launcher? Yepppp.

So again you can be hit by
i14(-12) xx i20(-13) xx i13(-28)
or
i12(-8)MB xx i17(-4) xx i13(-28)
or
i14(-12) xx i20(-13) xx i10(-7)MB
or
i12(-8)MB xx i17(-4) xx i10(-7)MB <~ This shit is two bar and STILL not "safe" as you can punish it with a full combo on block.

Shut. The. Fuck up.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Let me leave it here for all the whining sorrylosers that can't read frame data for a tournament and then creak about not punishing something so glaring.

Rekka1 - i14, -12b
Rekka1MB - i12, -8b
Rekka2 - i20, -13b
Rekka2MB - i17, -4 <~ NOTE: You cannot MB Rekka2, you have to MB Rekka1 to follow up with this version. Which is -8. Which can be poked if you blocked it.
Rekka3 - i13, -28b <~ NOTE: Unsafe as shit. If you can't punish it on block, you deserve to lose to it.
Rekka3MB - i10, -7b <~ Even meter-burn Rekka can be poked, armoured, spin-punished etc.

or
or
or
i12(-8)MB xx i17(-4) xx i10(-7)MB <~ This shit is two bar and STILL not "safe" as you can punish it with a full combo on block.

Shut. The. Fuck up.
If you want to act like a dumbass then prepare to be treated like a dumbass.

You're an idiot.

You can't poke between Rekka1MB and Rekka 2 because Rekka 1 is -8 on block.

Blocked =/= canceled out of.

Also MB Rekka 3 is -2, LOTF showed it in the video. Why are you saying it's -7?

Almost everything you said is false. You can only poke out of her stuff if they're delayed. If you don't delay anything there are no gaps, but unsafe if you don't burn meter.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Rekka1 - i14, -12b
Rekka1MB - i12, -8b
Rekka2 - i20, -13b

or
or
or

Shut. The. Fuck up.
The push is only -28 if you don't delay it at all, which would be stupid to do at a high level(you would MB it if you wanted uninterrupted chip). Her EX one is only -7 if not delayed at all, and even then is almost a frame perfect punish for SOME characters. It is about as safe as it could ever get. (Note: it takes one frame to let go of block, so you would have to have a 6f move to punish).

It is irrelevant that the EX one can be poked because you should always delay it at least a little. Even if they try to armor through the gap it has two hits so it breaks armor. If you barely delay it it becomes safe, and armoring through it only works if you delay it as long as possible(which you dont really need to as anything -6 and below is safe).

There are holes in her pressure but the risk/reward is STRONGLY in her favor at all times. Trying to armor through anything runs the risk of Tanya MBing the last rekka and blowing it up(poking would be stupid as if you are off at all you will trade and therefore give her the frame advantage). You say some of this is full combo punishable when it really isnt at all, save for maybe Cassie cage with her 5f reversal. Her pressure is insanely good and trying to get out of it is a huge risk.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The push is only -28 if you don't delay it at all, which would be stupid to do at a high level(you would MB it if you wanted uninterrupted chip). Her EX one is only -7 if not delayed at all, and even then is almost a frame perfect punish for SOME characters. It is about as safe as it could ever get. (Note: it takes one frame to let go of block, so you would have to have a 6f move to punish).

It is irrelevant that the EX one can be poked because you should always delay it at least a little. Even if they try to armor through the gap it has two hits so it breaks armor. If you barely delay it it becomes safe, and armoring through it only works if you delay it as long as possible(which you dont really need to as anything -6 and below is safe).

There are holes in her pressure but the risk/reward is STRONGLY in her favor at all times. Trying to armor through anything runs the risk of Tanya MBing the last rekka and blowing it up(poking would be stupid as if you are off at all you will trade and therefore give her the frame advantage). You say some of this is full combo punishable when it really isnt at all, save for maybe Cassie cage with her 5f reversal. Her pressure is insanely good and trying to get out of it is a huge risk.
I'm reading her frame data, and have been poked and armored out of, but that's online, and that's me, not a good player doing it.
Frame data has been wrong before, not surprised that what I'm reading is inaccurate. Maybe the whole delaying thing needs adjusting so it's less ridiculous, I'm not sure.
Thing is, I'm really happy that I finally have a main that isn't garbage, but I don't want her to be Over9000 levels of ridiculous because who the fuck wants to play a character that's imbalanced, right? Nobody will want to fight you.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I'm going by the actual frame data and the fact that I've had people armor out before.

Go fuck yourself.
I'm reading her frame data, and have been poked and armored out of, but that's online, and that's me, not a good player doing it.
Frame data has been wrong before, not surprised that what I'm reading is inaccurate. Maybe the whole delaying thing needs adjusting so it's less ridiculous, I'm not sure.
You're going by frame data that you don't even understand.

You're one of the most vocal shit-posters around here and you always post garbage about how a character sucks and whatever while you don't even know basic game mechanics nor understand basic frame data concepts.

"I have been poked online so frame data must be wrong"

LMAO

Fly explained how everything works IN THIS VERY THREAD. All you have to do is watch the video and learn, but you don't want that. You just want to post shit like you've been doing since 2012.

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Where did you read this frame data? Cuz that's not even what the game says... Did you just pull some numbers out of your ass? Did you test anything at all?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Where did you read this frame data? Cuz that's not even what the game says... Did you just pull some numbers out of your ass? Did you test anything at all?
The frame data project.
Which was taken from the game. So it has to be saying the same thing, unless it got changed and the frame data project did not.

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The frame data project.
Which was taken from the game. So it has to be saying the same thing, unless it got changed and the frame data project did not.
What frame data project? The game does not say the same thing at all... The game is like 95% right at this point. No reason to go to a separate source. And if you're on PC, I don't even think you have the latest patch, do you?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
What frame data project? The game does not say the same thing at all... The game is like 95% right at this point. No reason to go to a separate source. And if you're on PC, I don't even think you have the latest patch, do you?
The one where people went and put everything from the game into a google doc. I'm surprised you have no idea, it's a big thing. They may not have double-checked and fixed the frame data.
I'm pretty sure PC is up to date currently. Watch Tremor make it be 2 patches behind again though. lol

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The one where people went and put everything from the game into a google doc. I'm surprised you have no idea, it's a big thing. They may not have double-checked and fixed the frame data.
I'm pretty sure PC is up to date currently. Watch Tremor make it be 2 patches behind again though. lol
Tell them they need to update the rekka frame data. I just use the in game data because it's actually quite accurate at this point.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The frame data project.
this is your problem. the frame data project was out dated the moment the second to last patch came out.

3rd hit EX rekka hasn't been -7 since CEO.

Watch the video dude and listen to my golden smooth voice very closely. Everything in there is the most current and accurate information.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
this is your problem. the frame data project was out dated the moment the second to last patch came out.

3rd hit EX rekka hasn't been -7 since CEO.

Watch the video dude and listen to my golden smooth voice very closely. Everything in there is the most current and accurate information.
Days ahead of you, man. Thanks for the vid, it opened my eye to a few things.
The execution window of R1 on B3 is pretty strict though. Hate online even more.