What's new

Tech - Tanya Tanya air teleport into jik into air teleport?

I'm so confused, do you mean if you try teleporting in the air after you already teleported and then kick them she goes to the ground and then teleports or? Idk if this is because of patch because Xbox doesn't have the patch

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I'm so confused, do you mean if you try teleporting in the air after you already teleported and then kick them she goes to the ground and then teleports or? Idk if this is because of patch because Xbox doesn't have the patch
If you are in the air and do a straight teleport, then jik, before she touches the ground after the jik, she can do another straight teleport (forward through them or back away from them).

I suspect this was NRS way of giving Tanya some mind games/safety after an air teleport since she can no longer jip into a jailed blockstring.

It might be new to the patch, I'm on PS4.

SEV

Noob
He's saying you can air teleport twice without spending meter; you can cancel another teleport from the jumping kick similar to characters with air fireballs.

You could do this prepatch, but now it might have a use to make you safer possibly, since before you could just go into more pressure. I'm an xbox user and don't have the patch yet, so I still don't know how unsafe she is on landing yet.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
In training mode.
Messing around with Tanya.
Jump.
Air teleport.
Jump kick.
Air teleport.
Touch ground.

Known?
Buff?
Glitch?
Tech?
Good?
Bad?

Discuss.
Interesting. She definitely could not do that sequence before.

Edit. On block, yes

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Actually, never mind. On hit as well. On my unpatched xbone version now. There is a delay before you can do the second Tele. Never noticed that before.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Older than the Internet. Her j3 can avoid certain anti air attacks so in some ways it was better than jip.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Interesting. She definitely could not do that sequence before.

Edit. On block, yes
Yes, only on block. Forgot to mention that.

She recovers instantly too. You can go into normals or specials or throw them.

It only works if you hit them very high with the jik and then cancel the jik with teleport. Don't do the 2nd teleport until the jik is blocked.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Yes, only on block. Forgot to mention that.

She recovers instantly too. You can go into normals or specials or throw them.

It only works if you hit them very high with the jik and then cancel the jik with teleport. Don't do the 2nd teleport until the jik is blocked.
Even getting it on hit, prepatched as well. But as mentioned above, must be done low to the ground. And it seems kinda inconsistent.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It can still probably be punished by people running up during the recovery frames. But it catches people off guard at least.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Ok. Sorry it was known. Seems like it has more of an application now that air teleport into jip is like between -2 and -6 (estimated) depending on how low you hit it and if you used ji1 or ji2. Air drill and air splits are both -25 on block as well.

Jacqui was punishing it with her forces rush on reversal. If you teleport through them, they can't really reversal due to inputs being reversed. She does recover almost instantly upon touching the ground.

Can be done pre-patch, but the first teleport has to be done at max jump height. I could never find a practical use for it though

Zoidberg747

Ok. Sorry it was known. Seems like it has more of an application now that air teleport into jip is like between -2 and -6 (estimated) depending on how low you hit it and if you used ji1 or ji2. Air drill and air splits are both -25 on block as well.

Jacqui was punishing it with her forces rush on reversal. If you teleport through them, they can't really reversal due to inputs being reversed. She does recover almost instantly upon touching the ground.
Its definitely a lot better of an option now. Thanks for reminding us of it.

Zoidberg747

With further testing I dont really see how this can be applied in a real match. It has to be done so high up that they can very easily anti air you. This seems gimmicky to me, but ill try it out at my local tonight and see what happens.

Edit: The cancel window is also different on hit than on block.

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
With further testing I dont really see how this can be applied in a real match. It has to be done so high up that they can very easily anti air you. This seems gimmicky to me, but ill try it out at my local tonight and see what happens.

Edit: The cancel window is also different on hit than on block.
I can't get it to come out on hit at all. Not sure why you can and I can't. :(

When trying to get around zoning , it could possibly be used to stay safe/get on the other side of them, or avoid pressure from them blocking your tele~ji2.

And now I'm testing it on Jason, and I do the first teleport at a very high point, but then I do a low ji3 and the 2nd teleport comes out every time. If I do a high ji3 it wont come out at all. Maybe it's on a timer?