What's new

Combo List - Takeda Takeda Practical BnBs Thread

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
With jump ins, SR/Tak's max damage is 31% meterless, 46% 1 bar, and 53% 2 bar. Right? I've been dying for a new meterless. So if you have a better one, please reply.

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
With jump ins, SR/Tak's max damage is 31% meterless, 46% 1 bar, and 53% 2 bar. Right? I've been dying for a new meterless. So if you have a better one, please reply.
Unfortunately, so far, this is the best m/less combo and I doubt there will be better.
At least not before a major patch with some changes... hopefully in the future they'll buff at least 1 variation to go beyond low/mid tier.

Stay strong! :)

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
F122+4(First Hit) xx Teleport, nJP, Jk, Air Spear now does 25% instead of 27% for Shirai Ryu.

Looks like Air Spear/Air Spike damage scaled much lower.

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
F122+4xxdb3,NJP,RUNxx44xxbf1 is now the only damage optimized meterless combo. Just a heads up for anyone that didn't know.
Isn't it enough only to buffer a step forward, after njp?

P.S. I can't get into the lab at the moment, that's why I'm asking.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I'm pretty sure 28% is correct.
This damage is way too high. Takedas damage output is too high in general. I demand another nerf. I mean Takeda already has the best range in the game and after all his recent buffs at least his damage should scale properly. 23% on his BnB seem fair to me! I mean, look at the range and the priority of his moves!

@st9rm

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
This damage is way too high. Takedas damage output is too high in general. I demand another nerf. I mean Takeda already has the best range in the game and after all his recent buffs at least his damage should scale properly. 23% on his BnB seem fair to me! I mean, look at the range and the priority of his moves!

@st9rm
Yeah, I totally agree - let's give KL more m/less dmg coz 40-42% is not enough compared to his slow, and unsafe on block, strings!

:D

StealthyMuffin

@st9rm
:DOGE

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
it's a lot more inconsistent
After trying it, it seems to be even easier to execute (and more consistent) w/o making any steps or run cancels...
f122+4(1st hit) xx tele, njp, 44xxSpear - yes, it requires some timing - if you're not executing it perfectly every time 2nd hit of "44" might whiff or target drops low if you delay it even slightly.

Correct me if I'm wrong

st9rm

viennality.com
After trying it, it seems to be even easier to execute (and more consistent) w/o making any steps or run cancels...
f122+4(1st hit) xx tele, njp, 44xxSpear - yes, it requires some timing - if you're not executing it perfectly every time 2nd hit of "44" might whiff or target drops low if you delay it even slightly.

Correct me if I'm wrong
you're completely right, but the 2nd hit of "44" missing could cost you the round
i usually end w/ 33xxfist flurry, which is 26% and leaves the opponent unable to tech roll :)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'd just remove the NJP and go straight to the 44. I've seen way too many players dropping NJP links in tournament situations (both offline and online) -- it's definitely not worth it given that Takeda is often fighting from a deficit to begin with.

That's been called the "10/10" rule and I think it's really important.

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
I'd just remove the NJP and go straight to the 44. I've seen way too many players dropping NJP links in tournament situations (both offline and online) -- it's definitely not worth it given that Takeda is often fighting from a deficit to begin with.

That's been called the "10/10" rule and I think it's really important.
So...is that why a lot of Takeda players do not follow NjP confirm with b21xxTele~33xxSpear and instead they go for NjPxx33spear? Yes, I've seen few whiffs of b21, but still... :)

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable

@st9rm
Lmao you just suck

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Everyone can play Takeda! Easy as it gets! NJP all day!
1-on1 ft. 5 Takeda mirrormatch, if you are not afraid! I NJP you all day! And I am not even a Takeda main. lol'd!
you better level up! lol'd!
Oh yeah? Hop online/locally with Ronin and then tell me that everyone can play Takeda lol. I'd love to see that. I can't speak for the other variations since I don't play them but you definitely need to put in the time to play Ronin. "Everyone" can't play that variation.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Try pressing up and then 2! It is called NJP and it will make your winrate with takeda go skyrocket. especially online!

DHERO

Noob
Moving on...!

Sometimes I catch people with...
EN Air Tele
EN Air Spear
EN Kunai

And I just end my combo very basically because these conversions are rare and I haven't practiced them.

What's the most damaging combo meterless/1 bar after these? Kinda asking for a lot, but it would be gladly appreciated. Trying to up that Shirai game! :D

StealthyMuffin

Moving on...!

EN Air Tele
EN Air Spear
EN Kunai

And I just end my combo very basically because these conversions are rare and I haven't practiced them.

What's the most damaging combo meterless/1 bar after these? Kinda asking for a lot, but it would be gladly appreciated. Trying to up that Shirai game! :D
I also need to research this. I'll post results in 2-3 hours .

StealthyMuffin

Moving on...!

EN Air Tele
EN Air Spear
EN Kunai

ExAirTele,njpRUNxx44xxbf1 24%
ExAirTele,njpRUNxx44xxEXbf1,RUNxxb21xxbf1 32%

ExAirSpear,njp,jikxxbd3,f21xxbf1 33%
ExAirSpear,njp,jikxxbd3,f21xxEXbf1,RUNxxb21xxbf1 39%

ExKunai,db3,njp,RUNxxf21xxbf1 35%
ExKunai,db3,njp,RUNxxf21xxEXbf1,RUNxxb21xxbf1 42%
These could be off by a little.

Last edited: