What's new

T12: Results and Shoutouts/recount thread.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Oh boy I got a LOT to post. Here are the official top 16:

1. Sabin $410 (Reptile/Kenshi)
2. Archmagus $120 (Scorpion)
3. NeoRussell $60 (Kitana/Mileena)
4. W1nterwarz (Cyrax)
5. asdf (Ermac)
5. Ernovaku (Kitana/Ermac)
6. k-frog (Ermac)
6. MTLJer (Mileena)
7. exMinger
7. Fluri
7. DanX (Sub Zero/Scorpion/Cage)
7. Rossdaboss
8. @Casselman (Sektor)
8. Tae
8. Zako (Sheeva)
8.TTT Azure Fighting (Cyrax)

Ok so k-Frog ran the tournament, which had 39 entrants. The whole event was run by NeoRussel and with help from the TTT guys. Brackets began on Saturday.

I'll start with my personal journey in the tournament. For a little bit I was back and forth between BlazBlue and MK. I actually played first in BlazBlue and won my match there before losing my next two to the 3rd place finisher and a litchi player who i had a decent series with. I had time for this since I got a by in the 1st round of MK.

My first actual match in MK was against an ermac player, and due to SEVERAL reasons he took literally 10 mins to start our match. If you guys want details just ask. Its pretty fucking hilarious actually. No hard feelings towards him but it was annoying shit tbh. I finally played him and tbh I beat him decisively since his Ermac could not handle my kit's pressure. He caught a couple TKP's but thats it.

Then in my second match I already had to face w1nter, whose Cyrax is a fucking obstacle course. we practiced the whole month leading up to this event but his cy always gives my Kit troubles. Its because I like playing rush considerably more with the edenian princess. I rolled ermac first since it has given his Cyrax some trouble in causals but it proved costly as he took the first decisively. Then I reinsert confidence in my kitana for this and take a nice second game.

Third and final comes around and I take the first round. Then he gets a lead and while I start making a comeback his Cy gets a wakeup attack that ends the round if I recall correctly. Third and final and our chars have both 50-60 health left. He goes for a 3 into a net, and I cant belive it I let go of block so that kit took the net and the ensuing combo. It proved costly and i lost the match. If I hadnt fucked up I could have punished his net with a cutter into a safe jump or even a full combo and things prob would have been diff. It was a great match that attracted a crowd and we both gave each other props after ward. w1nter was hype lol. I thought he'd trash talk me but he was cool actually.

So with that I was in losers and had to win my next 5 to make top 4. I got tastetherainbow next who everyone has said has a great NW. He was sent to loser's by Archmagus. First match he's got the tick throws off jps going and takes the first. He does the tournament's ACTUAL first fatality (not sabin's in grand finals) and in the heat of the moment I get mad lol. It was cool tho, i was just tourney tense. Second game comes around and my Kit doesnt turtle as much. she goes more on the offensive and even does her own tick throws a couple times. I take the second and Kut performs her splitting headache fatality lol in response.

Third game comes and he switches to SZ. My kit zones all day while Sz doesnt duck fans, but blocking alot. Fan service + some combos off f2,1 and tastetherainbow was eliminated. He claimed the matchup was 6-4 Kitana but I corrected him. He still didnt agree but sunday he came around. Good match to him and based on what i hear I should feel good about beating him. He's got a good NW but for w/e reason I feel comfortable playing against that char. I dont even play against him much since I stopped playing online completely.

I got some lunch after and my next match was KL player. I got KL xp and I feel great playing against him with Kit. No disrespect to the player but I beat him decisively to move on to my practice partner DanX4.

It sucked cause as Ive said we practice alot and feed off each other. Ever since he stopped online play he's lvled up alot just in time for this tourney. He was in losers b/c he lost the Scorpion mirror with archmagus 2-1. We had some banter about who we were gonna pick lol. How we should do it because I said I would roll ermac against SZ, and he would roll SZ against Kit lol. Neither wanted to drop that first game to have to switch. So i just said fuck it, my main is always Kitana and tho she's at a disadvantage the SZ matchup is still winnable so I tell him Im just gonna pick her.

He goes with SZ and know my kit cant rush him. So she throws fans all day. I baited out openings for full combos a couple of times tho amidts the iafs and took the first game. My iafs were by far the best and most consistent theyve been, my overall game rose in this tourney. So now zoning was more of a problem for DanX than it was in casuals.

But second game comes along and tho the zone is going on he regrouped a bit and was more careful not to give up full combo opportunities when coming in (he stuck with sub btw). It was another closely contested intense game but he took it this time.

I stick with Kit and same story for the 3rd and final. It went to a third round and our chars both had 20-30 health left. But in the last action he throws an ice clone expecting a rush in close and gets fanned out of it. Then his sub jumps and my kit counters with an air fan for the close, close win. Great match.

The match was so slow and tense that two of the rounds ended by time outs. We knew each other's games well and it showed. We did our best not to make mistakes and neither of us made many.

Then it was onto the next match. A mileena player named jer from MTL was tearing shit up and getting praise, but he was in losers due to a nice match with Russel, who alts Mileena and has beaten high level Mileenas before. I used to despise playing this char but I realized even as Kit u just have to be careful and be ready to block when things are to open for a roll or TK. He was doing d4 all day but i just waited it out for the safe attacks and the openings, also punishing TK's with a simple d1~cutter like Russel did.

The match was great and tied 1-1. The whole time W1nter was cheering me on cause the winner had to face him next, and he was uncomfortable with the Mil matchup while he knew my playstyle and felt more comfortable against me. So the third comes around and i start noticing that his Mil is not blocking overhead in Kit's f4,1~cutter off jps, ie she's not blocking the full string. So I take adv and even input bigger combos off it cause Im expecting the overhead to land. So this keeps the momentum in my favour and allows me to take the third more easily. I dont think its the only reason I won the third game but it did make it a little more comfortable.

Jer realized his mistake and we gave each other props. He came along with Zaf who also competed.

And onto my rematch with w1nter, and this is where my tournament ends. The obstacle closer seems more tighter for w/e reason and for some reasons bombs are catching my Kitana "incidentally" like theyve never done in our play sessions together. He even breaker'd a combo into a bomb ffs lmfao! So he wins convincingly 2-0 (same stage too lol) and I fell just short of top 4, my only losses to this Cyrax playing bastard from waterloo. :)

What hurts is that I spoke to russel (who sent him to losers) after this and he told me he lost the first game cause he was rushing, then he found a way to zone and I was hitting myself cause I could have asked him for advice after he beat me the first time (w1nter lost to russel after our first match). It was unfortunate but hoepfully I can have an easier time with his Cyrax in the future. For now this was my second tourney and first major and Im satisfied with my 5th place finish in a tourney that had quite a lot of talent. Even if I made top 4 and beat sabin I would have lost to Russel, he's just got my number in the Kit mirror, esp in a tourney where he really raises his game naturally.

Oh btw after the second loss to w1nter he hugged me so hard he pinched me lmfao b/c he knew Jer had a great chance to beat him, and he did beat him in 1st-to-4 money match on sunday. We went to watch kfrog's awesome band performance after the brackets on Sat and it was a very fun night.

Ive said alot but I havent even scratched the service of this crazy fantastic weekend, still more to come in a bit lmao.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
So, i'm gunna do shoutouts more when the full results are posted, but I'll roll with this

1. Sabin - Thanks for taking my 20$ in our MM free, the experience vs your Kenshi offline has helped me out alot, thank you
2. Archmagus - Didn't get to play you, sucks you choked in GF, sick Scorp though
3. NeoRussell - Oh Russel, GG's in our match, was so close yet I wasn't disappointed when I lost. When you were happy that you beat me, it actually made me feel good knowing that someone is happy to beat me, thank you for that
4. W1nterwarz - I'll take my top 4 spot now, thanks <3 But seriously, really nice meeting you and you're Cyrax is beast.
5. asdf - Didn't get to play you, but EASYMAC
5. Ernovaku - I'm sooooo scrub for not blocking that, but now I know FOREVER what the hell to do in this MU. If only i punished your IAF's better I think I might have won, gg's none the less and I really wanna play you again
6. k-frog - Didn't get to play you but you're a really cool dude and made me feel very welcome to the scene.
6. MTLJer - Proud of you bro, actually placed Top 8. Just gotta do better at NEC
7. exMinger - Literally don't know if I played you or not, let me know
7. Fluri - Same as the above <3
7. DanX - Were you the dude in the MK shirt? If so, the Raiden you were playing friendlies against is free as hell, i'll teach you what to do against it
7. Rossdaboss - Love...you?(I literally don't think I played you)
8. @Casselman - Props to using Human Sektor and making Shady salty as FUCK
8. Tae - Dunno youuuuuu
8. Zako - GG's man, I was pretty nervous seeing you choose Sheeva, but I think i know exactly what to do in the MU.
8.TTT Azure Fighting - Nice meeting you dude, really nice guy. Sick Cyrax, I just lame out the match against every Cyrax, sowwy <3

When full results are posted I'll do more

Or when i'm done eating dinner and have time left on my break at work :)

VIDA

He told me he still has a 51% with him. Even the reset he did with him was only 55-65 combined. Azure was the one who did the harder 80% reset.

Oh and DanX4 was not the one with an Mk shirt. He had a white and black and was w1inter's height. He plays SZ, Scorpion, Cage, and Liu kang and Ermac on occasion.

TasteTheRainbow

Self-appointed king
Time for some proper shoutouts:

Firstly, props to everyone who made top 8. That was my goal and I scrubbed out, but I'm glad both of the players who took matches off me were strong players.
@ Jer: Nice Mileena, don't worry about the NW matchup it's ridiculously in his favor since everything you do against him becomes suddenly so unsafe due to his high damage punishers. He's also one of the few characters who can deal with d4 the best, I was whiffing the followup all day on Sunday but that doesn't matter lol.
@ Ernov: Goddamn Kitana made me so salty in that match. I should have stuck with NW. I really don't like SZ-Kit for some reason and I'm more comfortable with the more even match between a native american and a girl who ends up half naked when she's beaten up.
@ Shady: Good stuff man. Keep the salt to a minimum next time and you'll do better.
@ Archmagus: Holy fucking christ, I swear to god that Scorpion is the best I've ever played. Good shit on taking 2nd for your first tournament.
@ Winterwarz: I'm salty I couldn't get more matches in with you, I think we only played like 1 or 2? Sick Cyrax. Sorry I had to decline that last money match but I had like $20 on me left and I was only willing to use it on food for the trip back home and didn't feel like rushing through a money match just before going back home. I promise if you show up to an Ottawa tournament I'll MM you then. Or at the next major we're both at.
@ k-frog and darktrax: Thanks to both of you for supporting the MK community both on and offline. You guys are doing a great job, keep it up.
@ Casselman: Good Sektor, thanks for the money match man. That paid for an extra burger later on rofl.
@ Azure: Thanks for helping me out with the Cyrax matchup. Our local Cyrax doesn't stand half a chance anymore.
@ Everyone else I played in casuals: Y'all have a good one. My NW was out for blood and I'm glad I could show what he could do when I wasn't busy scrubbing out.

I'm really happy I managed to show up and show all of you what Ottawa was made of in this game. Next time we'll try to make it out in droves and show you what we're ALL made of. And Ernov, next time we're both at the same tournament, we're running back that Kit/NW match and I'm taking your money.

VIDA

Think you have a mistake here. Zako played Kung Lao, unless he snuck behind my back all day and learned Sheeva lol
Pretty sure it was him. Jer faced him in the match before ours. I think Jer confirimed it with his post.

VIDA

I was gonna wait to do full shoutouts till I recapped everything but its taking my lazy ass too long so here are some of the more important ones outta the way.

Shoutouts to kfrog fro putting on a bicthin performance Sat night after brackets. A pleasure to be there. Also thanks again for letting us stay over and hang out at your place. You ran the tourney well and did a great job commentating!

Shoutouts to dark trax for being, well dark trax...u were cool as always and thanks for getting us to that5 thai place. I still wont forget that "Imma murder u mutherfucka" face u made during casuals Sunday

Shoutouts to Russel and Azure and the rest of TTT for being cool and running a well done event like they always seem to do.

Shoutouts to Danx for representin the demo chars well, and giving me a run for my money in our tourney match.

Shoutouts to all I played in casuals and the tourney and pretty much most of those that attended T12 and made it an awesome event/weekend.

Still mmore shoutouts to come!

EDIT also shoutouts to Magus for double flaelessing Sabin with his awesome Scorp and placing second.

Yea,

Wanna say thanks to the montreal, ottawa, toronto , niagara and sauga people that came out to the tournament, you guys coming helps the scene so much and i hope that this will make the canadian mk scene stronger

No , I am only saying this in my indoor voice and there is no salt behind this post whatsoever
( I just keep that shit inside)

But seriously , thanks for coming out all of you, and also thanks for the shoutouts and matchup experience i got,
Appericate it all

Shady

Noob
Yea,

Wanna say thanks to the montreal, ottawa, toronto , niagara and sauga people that came out to the tournament, you guys coming helps the scene so much and i hope that this will make the canadian mk scene stronger

No , I am only saying this in my indoor voice and there is no salt behind this post whatsoever
( I just keep that shit inside)

But seriously , thanks for coming out all of you, and also thanks for the shoutouts and matchup experience i got,
Appericate it all
SALT!

VIDA

Think you have a mistake here. Zako played Kung Lao, unless he snuck behind my back all day and learned Sheeva lol
Looks like u were correct. Rossdaboss played Sheeva and the one Jer eliminated. I guess Zako was the KL I eliminated.

VIDA

Wanna give a shoutout to Spooky for letting us commentate and being cool and streaming the event, sry about the hotel. :) I didnt like when you joined in Sabin's accusation of Magus cheating against Russel but I understand its a tourney and things get tense. I think he likes u too. Ur still a cool dude and hopefully you get your seized stuff back.

Sabin, I cannot say the same for you. Whenever one of us approached you and talked staright at you u ignored us, you shoved us around without saying excuse me, refused to let Magus baby you when he destroyed you both games in that set on Sat and got in Magus' face to get him nervous before your match with Russel. The controller controversy was fortunate for Magus I admit but it was a not a free round by any means he still had to earn it and saying it was "free" is ridiculous and disrespectful like I tried to tell u b4 u once again walked away and ignored one of us.

U always seemed like a cool dude on stream but now I realize its because you are unfortunately one of many "celebrities" (and I do use that term loosely) that are phoney, and I have lost all respect for you as a person. As a player I must give you ur props but no one has the right to be disresptful towards ppl that way.

These are my own opinions and do not have to do with the opinions of anyone else in the scene up here. I am speaking for myself and myself only. You are the only lowlight of the weekend and you know what the truth needed to come out. Thats all.

Sabin

Elder God
Wanna give a shoutout to Spooky for letting us commentate and being cool and streaming the event, sry about the hotel. :) I didnt like when you joined in Sabin's accusation of Magus cheating against Russel but I understand its a tourney and things get tense. I think he likes u too. Ur still a cool dude and hopefully you get your seized stuff back.

Sabin, I cannot say the same for you. Whenever one of us approached you and talked staright at you u ignored us, you shoved us around without saying excuse me, refused to let Magus baby you when he destroyed you both games in that set on Sat and got in Magus' face to get him nervous before your match with Russel. The controller controversy was fortunate for Magus I admit but it was a not a free round by any means he still had to earn it and saying it was "free" is ridiculous and disrespectful like I tried to tell u b4 u once again walked away and ignored one of us.
Who exactly approached me and talked straight? I like how you try to blow me up as being a dick but I told Spooky to let Canadian guys commentate on the stream, promote Mortal Monday,etc. If you think that's the case that I'm ignoring you, I don't know what to say except I'm sorry.

U always seemed like a cool dude on stream but now I realize its because you are unfortunately one of many "celebrities" (and I do use that term loosely) that are phoney, and I have lost all respect for you as a person. As a player I must give you ur props but no one has the right to be disresptful towards ppl that way.

These are my own opinions and do not have to do with the opinions of anyone else in the scene up here. I am speaking for myself and myself only. You are the only lowlight of the weekend and you know what the truth needed to come out. Thats all.

Thanks for having the balls to post this later, and not say this to my face. VERY CLASSY BUDDY! Fuck you too. I don't have any respect for you either for posting it on forums days after the fact when I'm in america, and not having the balls to say this to my face. ESPECIALLY after I pretty much gave the OK for the MK canada guys to blow it up on the Team Spooky stream. I'm sure if you brought it to my attention we could have cleared it up instead of you waiting THREE DAYS to blow me up on forums. Very classy buddy!

With that being said, I want to apologize to ArchMagus for jumping to conclusions about him pressing start. Stream monsters didn't get to see it since stream was down during that time. It just looked immediately ridiculous since Neorussell was up by at least 20% when someone pressed PS home button. It was also after people desynced their PS3 controllers from the station, so it looked to me like he did it. again I am extremely sorry. And you are going to blow me up about me not letting him babality me..wtf? I POSTED ON TYM THAT ARCHMAGUS IS A GDLK ONLINE PLAYER AND HE DOUBLE FLAWLESSED ME. wtf more do you want? eat a dick.

Thanks for bringing negativity to this thread when there was none, absolutely none at all. Thanking Spooky yet telling me I'm the lowlight of the event (even though I bascailly let you guys on the stream) will get you absolutely nowhere, and you're just blowing it out of proportion.

VIDA

lol I thought we could handle this like gentlemen and I even said on your profile that if there is some misunderstanding I will delete the post and say sorry. Amazingly u have shown even LESS class on this forum. Bravo.

If you read my post I would have said something to ur face but u would ignore just ignore me. Like when I tried to tell u magus' round wasnt free u just walked away and ignored me. i saw K frog talk STRAIGHT TO YOUR FACE and saw u not pay a single bit of attention. When I introduced myself and u kinda walked away before I showed u my appreciation for coming i thought it was...weird but Im not hating on you for that. But with everything else mixed in come on man, u werent very nice. Dude u even bumped into me once without saying excuse me and I saw u doing this the whole weekend.

If you wanna tell me to suck a dick like 12 year old, then thats unfortunate. Perhaps I shoulve just pmed u but ur post kinda vindicates my actions that much more. I dont want drama, but what you did up here, and what ur doing now, dude, not cool. Staying silent about it just felt wrong. Also, ur post about giving Magus props Ill admit I did not see but I can say that i dont see it here in the aftermath thread.

And to repeat, I WOULD have said it to ur face if I knew u wouldnt just ignore me and walk away like you did to me and to others here. Btw Im not actually afraid of you or anything if thats what ur trying to imply. Thats actually pretty ridiculous. I dont know if this is a regular thing for top pros to do, I heard Dr dogg for example was the same, but hey, oh well.

I cant put u on ignore but I can disregard ur posts, so blow me up all you want. :)

And Im just gonna leave it all at that. How unfortunate again, but oh well.

Sabin

Elder God
Same bro, I'm just going to leave it at that. stay salty either way. I'm not really that much of a "dick" that you think I am (in the sense I'm not going to delete anything you're saying) but I think that your claims are utterly ridiculous and the fact that you think I'm a "celebrity" makes me laugh even harder, because I know I'm not, it's just a game man. Remember I was the guy that told Spooky to let you guys commentate in the first place, so to blow me up and thank spooky is just a complete LOL to me. I'm sorry if you think I was a fraud, either way you were able to commentate on the stream and you just blew me up, so of course I'm not going to show you any love at all. Shoutouts to the rest of Canada though. Peace

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
lol I thought we could handle this like gentlemen and I even said on your profile that if there is some misunderstanding I will delete the post and say sorry. Amazingly u have shown even LESS class on this forum. Bravo.

If you read my post I would have said something to ur face but u would ignore just ignore me. Like when I tried to tell u magus' round wasnt free u just walked away and ignored me. i saw K frog talk STRAIGHT TO YOUR FACE and saw u not pay a single bit of attention. When I introduced myself and u kinda walked away before I showed u my appreciation for coming i thought it was...weird but Im not hating on you for that. But with everything else mixed in come on man, u werent very nice. Dude u even bumped into me once without saying excuse me and I saw u doing this the whole weekend.

If you wanna tell me to suck a dick like 12 year old, then thats unfortunate. Perhaps I shoulve just pmed u but ur post kinda vindicates my actions that much more. I dont want drama, but what you did up here, and what ur doing now, dude, not cool. Staying silent about it just felt wrong. Also, ur post about giving Magus props Ill admit I did not see but I can say that i dont see it here in the aftermath thread.

And to repeat, I WOULD have said it to ur face if I knew u wouldnt just ignore me and walk away like you did to me and to others here. Btw Im not actually afraid of you or anything if thats what ur trying to imply. Thats actually pretty ridiculous. I dont know if this is a regular thing for top pros to do, I heard Dr dogg for example was the same, but hey, oh well.

I cant put u on ignore but I can disregard ur posts, so blow me up all you want. :)

And Im just gonna leave it all at that. How unfortunate again, but oh well.
You're a dick.

Sabin

Elder God
Fine w/e.
I don't really care man, just let it rock. And I don't really care if you delete it or not, its your call either way. I'm sorry that you think I'm an asshole, there's nothing I can really do about that since everything already happened.

And I mean technically Spooky was the one that let us on since u and Russel were having a match, but w/e.
clearly you sound like a online warrior man, don't you think we talk about this LONG before we go up to events? ShadyX9D even PM'ed me before we came up to T12 asking me to promote mortal monday and I said sure man NP.

VIDA

@sabin I meant ME specifically on stream. I asked him personally, but w/e. I get it you let Canadians blow it up in general, I already knew that.

Anyways moving onto a lighter note.

I just wanna give a mini rundown of some of the other things that happened. I now know why Russel has his rep. He's the type of guy thats steps it up in heat of the tourney. He like myself has had problems facing w1nter's Cyrax in casuals like I have with kitana. So in the tourny when they faced off, Kit vs Cyrax. Even tho I wasnt there but I heard what happened. Apparently Russel's Kit tried attacking the obstacle course that is Cyrax. He dropped the first match and all of a sudden, something that i guess never occured to him in all those casuals until after that first game, he figured out a way to zone him. Russel took the next two games and sent w1nter to losers, and Im sure w1nter would have to agree, he was salty to say the least. This was all after w1nter beat me the first time.

Before that first time he beat me tho he had to face kfrog and his ermac in the 2nd round I believe. I cant recall the match that well but w1nter capitalized on acouple mistakes from Frog and took it. Thats how kfrog ended up in losers.

After beating w1nter (I know my chronology is horrible lol) Russel had to face Jer. As u guys saw on stream russel alts mileena before even Jade and knows how to play against her very well. He's also beat pig before at Evo and other Mileenas so he has tourney xp against high level Mil players. His Kit at tourneys is just always on point and he just knew this matchup really well. Jer put up a good effort but it wasnt enough and he was sent to losers from there.

ArchMagus as u all know went on a hot streak Saturday beating DanX4 in the scorp mirror. According to danx4 Magus played his scorp more passive and was able to catch spears from a bit of a distance. He took the mirror 2-1. Danx4 had a strong tourney as well and deserves props and playing his three chars well. Proud of you dude. ;) (EDIT he also beat Zaf's Ermac if im not mistaken. props to both him and asdf who also had a very strong showing. From what i heard his match with sabin for top 4 came down to the wire.)

Magus also sent tastetherainbow to losers before he had to face me. I think this means he went 2-2 in the tourney but hes a better player than that shows. Apparently he was doing it up in casuals pretty well.

Jer before facing me beat rossdaboss with hi mean ass Sheeva. The match wasnt too close as Jer seemed to download his ex telegrab and wakeup patterns early on and moved on. Jer also beat Azure's Cyrax. azure doesnt like the game anymore but he still has a great cyrax, good job to Jer on beating another good player in his great tourney run.

Now onto finals in my next post.

I POSTED ON TYM THAT ARCHMAGUS IS A GDLK ONLINE PLAYER AND HE DOUBLE FLAWLESSED ME. wtf more do you want? eat a dick.
I want you to rewind back time and let him do the babality dam it.

Naw but seriously, sabin posting totally reminded me to thank team spooky for playing and participating and streaming top 4 and letting people commentate.
Mk scene in Canada needs all the help it can get.So thanks once again.