What's new

Superman's 1.06 Patch Notes?

Solo

Shadow Priest
Superman
· The Meter Burn version of the Flying Punch now has 2 hits of armor.
· Increased the amount of damage scaling on some combos.
· The Kryptonian Smash Super Move now has 5 frames of startup (up from 2) and is now a Mid attack.
· The Ground and Air Heat Vision attacks now have additional recovery frames.
· Slight hit box adjustment to the Cross Swipe (Toward + Medium) attack.
· Increased the amount of damage scaling after using the Heat Zap special move.

Superman players, thoughts? Yay or nay?

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
He's pretty much the same. We need to see how big these adjustments are.

At least the 2 frame punish is gone.

Shawi

Noob
Wow, BA got nerfed to oblivion but Superman remains the same. This is a godsend for superman players.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I want to see the hitbox change on F2. I also want to see how much recovery the heat vision will have now. I hate when they don't put the frame changes in the patch notes for every character. Heatzap nerf we knew was coming and I expected standing 3 to be nerfed as well damage scaling wise. I wonder what the hell they mean with increased the damage scaling on some combos (other than already mentioned). What combos and why? I guess I just have to hold it for 1 more week.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
standing 3~trait will most likely still be a frame trap. F2 hitbox, who the F knows what that means. We'll have to revise Bnb's for midscreen and corner. KDZ was already practicing corner combos without heat zap. It'll still probably do 50% or so, which is fine.

standing 3~trait will most likely still be a frame trap. F2 hitbox, who the F knows what that means. We'll have to revise Bnb's for midscreen and corner. KDZ was already practicing corner combos without heat zap. It'll still probably do 50% or so, which is fine.
i'm worried because, if f2 is crap now how is he gonna get in? lantern still has his b1 and batman still has his j2.

xQUANTUMx

i'm worried because, if f2 is crap now how is he gonna get in? lantern still has his b1 and batman still has his j2.
I know. We'll have to find a way. F23 will be different and thats just reality. cant use it like we did before

I dont think they nerfed f2 too much, like somebody already said maybe it won't be that easy to convert into big damage from catching people airborne with f2 which is just losing a chunk of life randomly sometimes.

I know. We'll have to find a way. F23 will be different and thats just reality. cant use it like we did before
I find kinda unfair that some characters still have their op way to get in while superman gets hit pretty bad without even a buff. f2 nerfed would have been great if 2 would have became and overhead like his name says. I mean come on!!! the move it's called overhead smash for fucks sake!!!

Solo

Shadow Priest
They did damage scaling to some of his combos. Kind of impossible to guess what kind of damage Supes will busting out now.

xQUANTUMx

They did damage scaling to some of his combos. Kind of impossible to guess what kind of damage Supes will busting out now.
true. I was being optimistic. A 10-15% damage reduction is a heck of a nerf. But not impossible.

Superman
· The Meter Burn version of the Flying Punch now has 2 hits of armor. "Not bad"
· Increased the amount of damage scaling on some combos. "They REALLY need to be more specific, midscreen his damage output was in order; mid-40s for 1 bar with trait. Absolutely no reason to nerf that. I assume they mean CORNER damage"
· The Kryptonian Smash Super Move now has 5 frames of startup (up from 2) and is now a Mid attack. "2f was silly as it was a massive game changer. Superman = S tier, Superman with Super = SSSS tier. 5f is still a threat but not stupid. Being a mid doesn't change much. I wonder if f+2 xx Trait xx Super will still work?"
· The Ground and Air Heat Vision attacks now have additional recovery frames. "I guess you'll need to now think when using these, the recovery was already bad enough"
· Slight hit box adjustment to the Cross Swipe (Toward + Medium) attack. "MORE SPECIFIC PLEASE. But I assume that they either nerfed the forward advancing range of it and/or it doesn't work as an anti-air anymore"
· Increased the amount of damage scaling after using the Heat Zap special move. "Seeing as NRS butchered f+2,d+1 damage wise, I'm curious to know HOW much damage the combos scale by after using Heat Zap in the corner; again, they need to be more specific."

He's basically overall still the same character, but you'll need to work harder to get the wins, which is fair. As for the corner combos, we'll need to wait to see how much they scale now. I reckon he'll be hitting mid 50s and not high 60s-70s. I'm happy with these changes.

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Heat zaps get more recovery frames, yet spamstroke guns do not.. figures.

Shawi

Noob
Heat zaps get more recovery frames, yet spamstroke guns do not.. figures.
Neither Superman nor Deathstroke need guns/lasers that hit mid, high, overhead and can be fired in the air. IMO they should have got rid of his straight laser and air laser completely. Same goes for DS, get rid of his low guns. Why do you need to be able to shoot in EVERY direction?